Friday Favorites! (February 2017)

The blizzard has caused me to completely lose sight of what day of the week it is since school was closed yesterday, and will be closed again today.

But today is Friday! And I have a good round-up of my current Friday Favorites this week too!

Friday Favorites

lululemon Fringe Fighter Headband

I only have two of these lululemon fringe fighter headbands but they have become the only headbands I want to wear for my workouts. What I love about the lululemon fringe fighter headband is that it keeps my hair perfectly in place and even when I take it off, things aren’t too messed up or overly sweaty at the front.

It’s time for me to get one or two more of these headbands, that’s for sure.

lululemon fringe fighter headband

Speaking of lululemon accessories, I still say that the fluff over mittens are the greatest running gloves EVER. I can’t understand why they stopped making them. I have had the fluff over mittens for a few winter running seasons now and remain grateful every time they are on my hands for cold winter runs.

Henri Bendel Broadway Mini Clip

I find it extremely worth spending a little bit more money on a good hair clip rather than buying cheap packages of hair clips at Target that break immediately.

The first hair clip (the bow claw) that I bought at Henri Bendel was three years ago and it is still in perfect condition!

I was wearing the bow clip every single day for the last three years until branching out and getting this new Broadway Mini Clip for some variety recently.

henri bendel mini clip

Pure Barre Shirt

How cute is this Pure Barre shirt?! I spotted it on Facebook the other day and must have it. I can’t find it on the Pure Barre website so I think they may be selling it in the studio only.

pure barre shirt

Lots of favorite links today!

Fitness/Health:

Why You Should Take Running Breaks via This Runner’s Recipes

Get More Out Of Your Barre Workout via The Fitnessista

Yoga Anatomy 101: Understanding Your Sacroiliac Joint via Yoga Journal

Your Body Can Process Everything, It’s Your Mind That Gets In The Way via Imma Eat That

Do you need a treadmill workout for this weekend? Try this long run on the treadmill workout – I made it up a couple of years ago and may follow it for tomorrow!

Recipes:

Millet, Sweet Potato & Lentil Burgers via Oh My Veggies

The Best Volume Eating Recipes via Eating Bird Food

How To Make Chocolate Lava Cakes via Sally’s Baking Addiction

Big Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies via Love From The Oven

Have a great weekend. 🙂

Friday Favorites! #bendelgirl #lululemon #fridayfavorites #blizzard #running #recipes… Click To Tweet

How much snow did you get yesterday if you were in the path of the blizzard?

Who else will be running long on the treadmill this weekend?!

Do you have a favorite headband to wear for your workouts? Which one?

{ 11 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile February 10, 2017, 5:29 am

We didnt get any snow yesterday but did have a 2 hour delay because the commute was messy and I guess some areas were snowy. That headband looks great! I dont do well with headbands but I like how thick that one is.
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…5 Reasons to Love Running in FebruaryMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 10, 2017, 5:30 am

definitely try this headband. it’s the best one I have ever used. I think you will like it. we have so much snow! definitely over a foot and now it iced over. ugh!

• Suzy February 10, 2017, 9:59 am

You guys are getting hit with the snow, eh? Ours is finally over. The temps surged and now everything is a huge hot mess. I can’t wear headbands because I have a flat spot at the base of my head and headbands always slide off!
    Suzy recently posted…Catch-UpMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 13, 2017, 5:46 am

we had a ton of rain, sleet, ice yesterday so that made everything even ickier than before! hope it all melts soon.

• Emily February 10, 2017, 10:44 am

It’s just so weird to think that you all are having a HUGE snowstorm, and it was about 60 degrees here yesterday. I kind of miss snow, but I’m thankful for being able to go snowboarding yesterday in the mountains.

That headband is so cute! I love headbands like that.
    Emily recently posted…Why You Can Pick The Social Media You LoveMy Profile

• Jen February 10, 2017, 1:56 pm

Love the headband and the barre shirt!
    Have a great weekend!!
    Jen recently posted…Fitness FridayMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes February 10, 2017, 2:32 pm

Headbands are hit or miss for me. I had some Under Amour ones that I really liked until they stretched too much, and I love my SmartWool ones but those are best for winter since they cover the ears. Lately I just wear a hat or French braid my hair with lots of bobby pins. I hope your snow melts soon!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Friday ThriveMy Profile

• Krista @ Gringita February 10, 2017, 6:34 pm

hehe I live in the tropics so I am far far away from the snow 😉
    I randomly bought a set of Vera Bradley hand bands on a half marathon weekend trip because they gave us all of these coupons and I wanted to put the money to good use! Turns out I still really like them
    Krista @ Gringita recently posted…Traveling with your dog? Here’s What You Need to PackMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 13, 2017, 5:44 am

i never saw vera Bradley head bands but i am sure they are great! i have a few of her bags!