Winter Weather Workout Favorites 2015

When putting together my winter workout essentials post for this year, it became clear that what I really should call this post is my lululemon winter workout gear essentials and favorites.

winter weather workout gear favorites and essentials 2015

Call me boring but if something works for me, I have learned to stick with it. I stopped experimenting with new workout gear from other brands (aside from Pro Compression socks!) so unless you tell me it’s a must have, I am sticking with what I like from lululemon.

Since the workout apparel and accessories can get expensive, I try to find what I like and what I need from their sale rack or the we made too much section of lululemon’s website.

I almost always choose price over color!

Tops:

Run Swiftly long sleeve – My favorite long sleeve tops for winter running, love the short sleeve version just as much.

Wash well, wear well, layer well. I rotate two but could use another one.

Race Your Pace Half Zip – I have one from last year but have yet to see it this year. I think it was replaced with this top?

Bottoms:

Run Inspire Crop II – When it gets really cold, I pull my Pro Compression socks up so that my lower calf is covered but maybe this year I will invest in a pair of the tights.

High Times Pants – I don’t wear these pants to run but I live in them otherwise. I have two pairs and rotate them on a regular basis. Perfect for yoga or for any time of the day. Love them.

Accessories:

Running accessories are super important for me. Keeping my head covered, neck warm and fingers comfortable are key for running outdoors in the winter. If those areas of my body aren’t warm and comfortable, the rest of me is not warm and comfortable.

Fluff over mittens – Best purchase I made last year! I do not see them for this year but they have a new pair available.

fluff over mittens

Mittens are the best for running because your fingers stay close together creating even more warmth. The reason I love the fluff over mittens is because they have a removable extra layer for those super cold days.

Run and Done Neck Warmer – I lost my original neck warmer last year (and still haven’t found it!) so I picked up a new one at the end of last winter on sale.

Run and Done Toque –  Very comfortable with room for your ponytail.

Light As Air Underwear – Obsessed. I now try to wear them even when I am not running. My favorite.

Over the weekend I got lucky and found the run and done toque and light as air underwear on sale in the lululemon store!

lululemon winter workout favorites

I never care what color I end up with if I am able to score a good deal.

On my wish list:

I don’t really need much for this upcoming winter season. I don’t like to overspend on my workout clothes since I only wear them for an hour, on average, each morning and would rather save my money for regular clothes.

However, I did spot this new Down For A Run Jacket.

I have a running jacket from last year which I really liked from Target but if I could get this jacket on sale (wishful thinking?!) I would certainly want it!

Also comes in a pull over jacket or vest version.

lululemon down for a run jacket

Have you seen Lulu’s new lights out reflective line ? It looks awesome and is perfect if you run in the dark!

What are your current workout favorites for the winter? What’s on your wish list?

winter weather workout favorites #lululemon #running #winter #winterworkouts #essentials… Click To Tweet

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine December 1, 2015, 5:34 am

I rarely shop at lululemon but I have bought a few pieces there over the years that have become staples in my running wardrobe! Mostly I buy Oiselle running clothes for summer but I struggle with winter stuff. My SIL said she is planning to get me a gift card to Lululemon for Christmas so I a looking forward to that, although I will need to figure out how to shop the sales so I can buy more than 1 thing!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Race Recovery and Thanksgiving Week ThingsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 1, 2015, 11:10 am

You can do really really well on the sales if you look out for them! Check the store racks, tons of stuff all of the time and the online sale section is good too. I buy most of what I get from lulu on sale. Whatever color is in my size.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma December 1, 2015, 6:51 am

Just as I’m trying so hard to buy myself nothing from that store ever again! Truth is I really do love it though, but, since it also lasts for years I really don’t need anything now. I’m always tempted though!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Paleo Gingerbread WafflesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 1, 2015, 11:09 am

I don’t really need anything either! I can easily make it through the winter without buying a thing. Maybe a new pullover for those in between runs where I don’t need the heavier jacket but need an extra layer. We will see.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe December 1, 2015, 7:01 am

I don’t buy much Lulu but I will say that that Down for A Run Jacket is GORGEOUS. and purple???? be still my heart!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…My December in Chicago Bucket ListMy Profile

• Gretchen | Gretchruns December 1, 2015, 8:18 am

Great picks! I think I might get a LS swiftly. I really like the short sleeve, and I like how it looks under vests or sweaters for everyday as well. Seems really versatile!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Monthly Goals : DecemberMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 1, 2015, 11:08 am

Yes, you need it! I bought mine a few years ago and they are still perfect. I love the short sleeve versions too!

• Ellie December 1, 2015, 9:10 am

I don’t have many clothes on my wish list right now, but I would love Lauren Fleshman’s Believe training journal! That is number one on my wish list!!
    Ellie recently posted…Coffee Time [12/1/2015]My Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl December 1, 2015, 9:22 am

I try to choose price over color always and also stick with what works – I have four Run Swiftly tops all bought on sale! Unfortunately Lululemon bottoms just don’t work for me, since I’m not shaped like any normal shape and either the waist, hip, or length of a pair of leggings will always be off. I stick with Nike running shorts and L.L. Bean capris/pants (they now make an XXS!)
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Weekly Workouts and Yoga at House of JaiMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 1, 2015, 11:07 am

I know what you mean, everyone has a different shape to work with. I do find that lulu’s pants fit me but most other brands don’t! They slide down as I run which I cannot stand so I stick with what works. I could use that XXS in those other brands! Great find.

• Sara @ Oats & Rows December 1, 2015, 9:39 am

I love Lululemon, but a little piece of me dies inside each time they swipe my card. Still doesn’t seem to stop me from going every now and then 😉 I am looking to invest in some outdoor/cool weather workout clothes, so this is a great start..thanks!!
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…3 Words per Picture: Thanksgiving WeekendMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 1, 2015, 11:06 am

I know what you mean but when I end up living in the stuff, I decide it was worth every penny!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes December 1, 2015, 9:44 am

I don’t own any Lululemon because I always get sticker shock at their prices, but that Down for a Run coat is so cute and looks so warm!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…5 Quick and Effective Running Workouts for the HolidaysMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 1, 2015, 11:04 am

I know, some of their stuff is pricey but I have found when comparing some pricing that they aren’t far off and are comparable with the other brands. Since everything wears so well for years, it becomes a nice investment for me.

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com December 1, 2015, 10:44 am

I love my neck warmer from Lulu! I got it for like $20 last winter and it saved my life. I just saw their reflective gear on the site this morning and I think I’m adding some items to my Christmas wish list!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Thanksgiving & Weekend Wrap-Up!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 1, 2015, 11:02 am

I got mine on sale too, such a great find at the end of last season, I am so happy to have it now!

• Sarah @pickyrunner December 1, 2015, 10:57 am

You know I’m a sucker for lululemon. I need the run swiftly long sleeves. I live in the tanks. Literally never take them off. I also want those mittens. I could drop way too much money in that store.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Thanksgiving 2015My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 1, 2015, 11:02 am

Me too but if I catch things on sale, it’s a great investment. Even if I buy regular price, I find I just need a few things because they last for so long and wear really well

• Fiona December 1, 2015, 1:36 pm

I tend to stick to the same brands & gear I’ve tried before too & don’t really bother to look at alternatives now when I go into a running shop. I know how things fit, what works on a run and what I feel comfortable in. Having said that, I just bought a Saucony sonic reflex jacket, as my old one is worn to death and I needed something reflective so this is all new to me! A half zip warm long sleeve top is next on my wishlist 🙂
    Fiona recently posted…The Rain FactorMy Profile

• Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes December 2, 2015, 7:58 pm

All great picks. Oh Lulu how I love you so. My favorite tops are the Swiftly LS also, I have several that I rotate. I need to check out those High Times Pants, I’ve never seen them before!

• Tracy December 3, 2015, 12:41 pm

Completely and totally obsessed. Makes up the majority of my wardrobe which I feel is okay since I wear it in and out of the gym. Mainly b/c I am constantly chasing after my kids ( ;
    I bought some of the long sleeve shirts and pullovers for “winter” but was contemplating the vest, jacket, neck warmer, hat, etc. for our first spring skiing trip. I felt like they would be cuter than the stuff at Peter Glenn! Any thoughts on how they would hold up for skiing in March?

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 3, 2015, 12:59 pm

I really don’t know the answer because I don’t go skiing! I wish I could help. To me, Lulu holds up and is durable, I can’t see why it wouldn’t be good!

• Emily December 6, 2015, 9:02 pm

My wishlist would definitely include a nice pair of sweats. I don’t have any for this winter, and it would be nice. 🙂
    Emily recently posted…Why Jesus Came on That Christmas DayMy Profile