1. I made it a full week without stepping inside a Trader Joe’s store but of course they didn’t have everything I needed which means I have to go back.
2. If you are looking to order my salad from the Cheesecake Factory, it’s called the BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad.
But, I order it without the chicken and I skip the dressing too. I used to order the dressing on the side. Then, over the years, I gravitated away from the ranch dressing to the Skinnylicious vinaigrette but most recently, I stopped the dressing altogether because it was messing with the awesome flavors of the salad ingredients.
The onion strings combined with the black beans, corn, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado need nothing else. Trust me.
3. As you learned about me last week, it’s more about the ice cream toppings and chocolate-dipped cones than the actual ice cream for me.
I think there is some frozen yogurt under all those crunchies.
4. We went out to eat after kickboxing on Saturday and I was treated to an oatmeal party for one. I now feel the need to set up an oatmeal breakfast bar in my house because lots of toppings in cute little cups are really fun.
5. Not totally sure I love this shade of OPI polish for my toes (the bottle on the left) but I couldn’t figure out what color to get so this is what I ended up with.
6. Yesterday’s Long Run:
A new pair of Energy Boosts = My feet feel home again.
In my head I was planning for 13.1 miles with an easy-paced start, a fast-paced finish and a cool down at the end which is exactly what transpired.
Quite often we need to tell ourselves to ease up on the pace so that we don’t run faster than planned but then there are days like yesterday where I had no choice but to run easy-paced in the beginning because I really couldn’t move much faster!
My legs were feeling a little tired which left me wondering how the heck I was going to speed up towards the end.
Based on my splits, can you tell at which point I took a gel?
7. I am trying out some new fueling strategies for next month’s half (more on this in later posts) and yesterday’s Hammer Gel in raspberry definitely served it’s purpose!
I started taking in little bits at the hour mark which was after mile 6 but right before mile 7 and it was an almost instant effect. I couldn’t be happier with how this gel worked for me.
8. My weekend ended the best way possible…
Sometimes you just NEED a serious slice of chocolate cake so you find yourself back at your favorite restaurant for the second time in three days.
Totally hit the long run insatiable hunger spot 🙂8 weekend things to tell you #weekend #longrun #hammergel #cheesecakefactory #OPI #oatmeal… Click To Tweet
Is your Trader Joe’s always out of something?!
Favorite oatmeal toppings?
What’s on the workout agenda for today?