Weekend Thoughts Per Picture

I really don’t like cheese and could honestly take it or leave it but the spinach artichoke cheese fondue at The Melting Pot gets me every time.

cheese fondue

And I really hate to share my food, especially dessert, but sometimes there are exceptions to the rule.

chocolate fondue

Weekends mean a break from the kitchen so there was Fondue Friday and my favorite salad for dinner Saturday.

bbq ranch salad

I did go food shopping though and my groceries called shot-gun. Do the cool kids still call riding in the front seat of the car shot-gun?

groceries

I was able to resist the Whole Foods Food Bar this week but did decide to buy new-to-me English Muffins.

rudis organic spelt english muffins

My idea of Sunday food prep.

oatmeal

Last week’s hashtag was #leggingsforlife, this week would be #oatmealforlife.

I created a new baked oatmeal apple snack for us.

baked oatmeal apple sticks

It was actually warm enough yesterday (around freezing) for my son to play outside which was a complete turn around from Saturday where my phone developed hypothermia and refused to work during my frigid morning run.

playing hockey

I made myself a present at the Pottery Studio.

paint a piece pottery

I didn’t know what to do to celebrate the birth of this little blog which is now two years old.

I know right?! Time flies!

I thought about baking a cake in honor of the occasion but I honestly didn’t feel like it.

So I treated myself to painting this cupcake cup and when I use it (I have to wait until next week to pick it up!), I will think about grateful I am for all of the friendships, opportunities, fun and adventures this little blog has brought into my life, but really, I brought them to myself.

We often sit and wait for the good things to happen failing to realize that we are so in control of making the good things happen on our own.

Have a great start to the week!

************

Do you always put your groceries in the trunk or do they ride in the car with you?

Will your run today be inside or outside?

Last time you went to a fondue restaurant?

• Jessie January 12, 2015, 6:00 am

I feel like i’m the only human being that’s never been to the Melting Pot. Joshua and I have talked about going many times, but for end up somewhere else. I could go for some of that spinach & artichoke dip right about now!

• Sara @ Lake Shore Runner January 12, 2015, 6:29 am

Happy Blog Anniversary! I want to go to a paint pottery place so bad. There is one in LP that I want to go to my with my brother and SIL when my nephew visits. I think it would be the perfect winter activity.

I put my groceries on each should and walk about 1.5 to my apartment. Yesterday my bags were so heavy – 4 different milks. Don’t you miss Chicago?!
    Sara @ Lake Shore Runner recently posted…Happy Birthday Rob C // Weekend Snapshots //MIMMMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 12, 2015, 12:42 pm

I do miss Chicago! I would love to come soon! I haven’t been there since 1998.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe January 12, 2015, 6:46 am

My husband puts his groceries in the trunk, my typically ride in the car like toddlers–in the seat behind me for protection.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…While my husband is away… #MIMMMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 12, 2015, 12:42 pm

I am just realizing that sometimes I put the groceries in the trunk, sometimes the back and sometimes the front. And I have no rhyme or reason for any of it.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine January 12, 2015, 6:50 am

I always put my groceries in the trunk- they wouldn’t all fit in the front seat!
    We have ice this morning, so Im taking another day off of running. Apparently its really bad out and everything is on a 2 hour delay, so I don’t even want to risk driving to the gym this morning.
    We used to go to melting pot all the time, but its been several years now. Its actually pretty close to where we will be moving so maybe we will go back once we get settled! Im usually not big on cheese either but fondue is a different story!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…A Weekend Without Running (Or Wine)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 12, 2015, 12:41 pm

I got lucky with the weather in that it didn’t even start to rain until after my run. Thankfully it’s warmer out here so the ice and snow they were talking about didn’t reach the island.

• Tina muir January 12, 2015, 6:55 am

Melting pot and TJs in one weekend!?!?! That sounds like heaven to me! I LOOOOVVVEEE melting pot! Which chocolate one did you go for? AHhh I am drooling even thinking about it!
    Tina muir recently posted…Meatless Monday- Tempeh Rainbow Stir Fry with Thai Peanut DressingMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 12, 2015, 12:41 pm

We went with the classic milk chocolate that has the peanut butter swirl. I love that one or the dark chocolate.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma January 12, 2015, 7:11 am

Anything spinach artichoke has my heart 🙂 Happy birthday to your blog! So funny to think of it that way but for the work we put in it deserves it! And groceries always go in the trunk!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Weekend Moments + Revisiting Low FODMAPMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 12, 2015, 12:40 pm

Right?! I wasn’t even going to acknowledge the “birthday” this year at all but felt like I should and painting my pottery made me happy…I don’t know why I sometimes put my groceries in the trunk and then sometimes not.

• AJ @ NutriFitMama January 12, 2015, 7:16 am

I always put the groceries in the back- I’m in a minivan so I guess it would be the trunk area 😉 That’s so crazy that it was too cold for your phone! I am running inside today because it’s rainy and cold here..hoping to get outside tomorrow! My husband and I went to the Melting Pot for our anniversary the past couple years. That is probably the last time I had fondue- so back in June.
    AJ @ NutriFitMama recently posted…Procrastination and Paleo Freezer FudgeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 12, 2015, 12:39 pm

Melting Pot is a fun place to celebrate something —or to just go because you really like chocolate fondue 🙂

• Ashley @ Kickashmom January 12, 2015, 7:59 am

I can’t wrap my head around that you don’t like cheese. Gasp! I won’t judge though….
    I will be running inside today. I’m such a baby when it comes to cold.
    Ashley @ Kickashmom recently posted…One recap.My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 12, 2015, 12:38 pm

Haha – I just never cared for it aside from cheese on pizza and a basic grilled cheese sandwich as a kid.

• lindsay January 12, 2015, 8:01 am

2 years? YAY congrats! you had me the first cheese picture. mmm fondue! I’m hooked

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 12, 2015, 12:29 pm

Thank you —- I can’t believe it’s been two years already. It goes so fast!

• Suzy January 12, 2015, 8:12 am

“We often sit and wait for the good things to happen failing to realize that we are so in control of making the good things happen on our own.” -SO TRUE! Love this. And I’m sure I’d love that cheese dip just as much. YUMMO.
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

• Heather @ Run Eat Play January 12, 2015, 11:58 am

Yum! I love the Melting Pot! I haven’t been in years!
    Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted…Special K BrowniesMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 12, 2015, 3:03 pm

Aww! Happy two years to the Cookie!! I can definitely say I’m happy for it’s birth, because I’m not sure we would have crossed paths otherwise… and then my days would feel incomplete without our morning chats <3
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 1/11 .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 13, 2015, 12:10 pm

Aww thank you — I think it’s our anniversary from when we started our morning chats last year!

• Kay @ Kay Bueno January 12, 2015, 8:37 pm

Congrats on two years!

I love those little pottery places because they make me feel like I’m an artist, even though there isn’t anything further from the truth. 🙂
    Kay @ Kay Bueno recently posted…Aspen Glow, Weekend RecapMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 13, 2015, 12:10 pm

I know! Once they fire them up and put on the glaze, everything I make looks beautiful!

• heather January 13, 2015, 10:24 am

Ella loves the melting pot-going to take her for her bday next week. Never tried the spinach artichoke-sounds yummy!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 13, 2015, 10:26 am

I was thinking that her birthday was in a few days! I feel like I just came down for her party!

• Lish January 13, 2015, 1:32 pm

That artichoke fondue sounds absolutely amazing…yes please!
    Lish recently posted…Blue Apron Giveaway!My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 16, 2015, 1:35 pm

Happy Blog Birthday. Two years is an incredible achievement. I’m going to ignore your anti-cheese stance, for now, and just congratulate you on your success. 🙂

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 17, 2015, 5:48 am

It’s fine because I signed all of the cheese over to your neck of the woods 🙂