Sprinkles Make Me Happy

Oh hi. Don’t mind me, I am just up a bit early drinking my coffee and making a fresh pot of oatmeal before I leave for the race in Long Beach.

oatmeal

If you still haven’t tried cooking steel-cut oatmeal with old-fashioned rolled oats and chia seeds I am going to suggest once again that you do; terrific texture when combined. And oh, the more servings you make at a time, the more oatmeal you will end up with in your bowl.

I am a bit excited for today’s ten mile race down in Long Beach which is a terrific feeling to have considering just three weeks ago I was nervous for the Long Island half.

There’s something about knowing this is only ten miles that makes me smile in a sick an twisted runner sort of way.

I mean, ten miles is still a lot, isn’t it? Amazing how a runner’s brain can start to think it’s peanuts. Or sprinkles, let’s call it sprinkles…

sprinkles-cake

Is this a Happy Cake or what? I spotted it in the bakery case at Graces Market when I was in the city on Friday before dinner. I was happy just looking at it.

With my birthday coming up (less than two weeks!) all thoughts turn to sprinkles and cakes and goodie bags.

One is never too old for goodie bags.

Or shirts with ice cream cones all over it.

wildfox ice cream shirt

There are some things in life you just need. This shirt is one of those things.

I will be wearing that new GapFit tank for today’s race by the way.

race-outfit

What’s that Nike skirt doing in this picture?

nike skirt

I tried the skirt on in the Nike store rather randomly the other afternoon and fell in love. I tried on shorts too but of course didn’t love them.

I know you shouldn’t wear anything new on race day but I did run a few miles in the skirt yesterday and feel it has the ability to run a race.

This skirt feels like a second skin when you put it on. So super light that it is barely there. Good waist (pocket for fuel and a zippered pocket in the back!) band with the bike shorts underneath.

I can’t send you out to buy it until after I run ten miles in it so we will fully discuss it tomorrow.

Enjoy your Sunday! Feel free to follow me on instagram if you feel like seeing what’s up down in Long Beach today…

**********

Do you still get all excited for your birthday?

How’s the weather this weekend in your area? Doing anything fun outdoors?

Ice cream cone or ice cream in a bowl? Ice cream in a waffle cone bowl!

• Nikki @ will run for pizza May 25, 2014, 7:14 am

Lol I agree with the “only 10 miles thing”! 10 really is nothing after halves lol…I’m in love with running skirts too…found that love last year when my running buddy suggested them.
    Nikki @ will run for pizza recently posted…P.S.My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 26, 2014, 6:27 am

Totally agree on the running skirts. I don’t know why it is but I don’t like running in shorts. The skirts feel so much better.

• jill conyers May 25, 2014, 7:23 am

I love chia in my oats for the exact same reason. Texture! Is 10 miles far? Hard to say but it’s funny that we even ask ourselves that 🙂
    jill conyers recently posted…Playing Favorites and a Menu PlanMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 26, 2014, 6:26 am

Yeah, the chia seeds add texture plus boost the volume. I am all about a big bowl of oatmeal.

• Tina Muir May 25, 2014, 7:26 am

YES! I am a HUGE sprinkles person too! Ice cream is not complete without it! I also LOOOOVVE it on cake and yes, make a huge fuss of my birthday! Looking forward to seeing how it went!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Secrets to Success as a Runner: DrillsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 26, 2014, 6:26 am

Summer makes me crave a simple vanilla cone with chocolate sprinkles! Race went well!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 25, 2014, 11:00 am

Ice cream in a waffle coneeeeee. That last bite of cone is just magical in the way it gets all soft and melty. Omg want. Good thing I recently stocked my freezer with a few more cartons of ice cream 😀 And I’ve been looking for ways to spruce up my oats lately, so I think I’m going to forego the egg white in favour of chia seeds tomorrow morning. Or maybe I’ll just have a bowl for lunch. Woo! Good luck on your race!!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 5/25 .My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 26, 2014, 6:25 am

I like to put toppings at the bottom of a cone to keep the ice cream from leaking out and to have a special treat at the bottom…

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 26, 2014, 6:25 am

• Susie @ Suzlyfe May 25, 2014, 1:02 pm

I used to get super excited for my birthday and everything but then that has sort of peetered away over the last few years. I think a big part of that had to do with the uncertainty of whether I would get to spend it with loved ones. Also, I have sprinkles in my oats everyday (some do chia, I do sprinkles) and end the day with ice cream every night, so every day is a bday 😀
    Susie @ Suzlyfe recently posted…Marathon Taper Advice–Those Last Few DaysMy Profile

• Hilary May 25, 2014, 9:55 pm

Hope your race went great! I can’t wait to hear about how the skirt treated you! And by the way I always get super excited for my birthday !
    Hilary recently posted…Spill It Sunday- Jen Edition!My Profile

• Davida @ The Healthy Maven May 26, 2014, 9:30 am

Do I ever get excited for my birthday! Not about getting older but it’s an excuse to eat a lot of good food which I LOVE.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 27, 2014, 11:38 am

You and me both! Love planning my birthday desserts – notice I say desserts with an “s” because most certainly I celebrate for a full week! lol

• Heather May 28, 2014, 4:41 pm

I use a bowl for my ice cream and I want a happy Cake!!! lol