Let’s take a look at my most recent Trader Joe’s shop!
I never make a list and typically buy the same things from week to week. This particular Trader Joe’s shop was actually a bit different from usual because:
- Trader Joe’s was out of Romaine Lettuce
- I couldn’t find any organic apples, especially Organic Honey Crisp Apples
- I still had potatoes, onions, and tomatoes in the house
- And I always forget something — this week was avocados!
What I Bought at Trader Joe’s
From Frozen Section:
- New: Bulgur Pilaf with Butternut Squash and Feta – I bought this as something different. It’s good! I’ve used it in salads and dinner bowls — I like to add extra feta cheese.
- Organic Rainbow Cauliflower – it’s always hard to find so this was my lucky day!
- Fire Roasted Peppers & Onions
- Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burgers
- Whole Wheat English Muffins – I’m still wondering where Trader Joe’s raisin English muffins went?!
- Organic Chickpeas
- Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Red Lentil Pasta
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – I eat them, but I don’t love them. I miss the original recipe!
- Organic Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup (low sodium)
- Organic Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
I really love the red lentil pasta. Have you tried it yet? It makes for such an easy, high-protein dinner.
Red Lentil Pasta + Roasted Broccoli + Trader Joe’s sauce + Mozzarella Cheese = Dinner
- Organic Eggs
- Organic Persian Cucumbers
I bought the package of lentils, mirepoix, and vegetable broth with my friend Lisa’s chunky lentil soup in mind. Since I already had potatoes in the house, I figured it was an easy recipe to make over the weekend, especially since it was suddenly SO COLD outside.
And then last night I used the organic eggs, rainbow cauliflower, roasted peppers, and onion, to make an egg scamble with a toasted whole wheat bagel on the side. Vegetable cream cheese, of course.
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I’m working on a post for Black Friday with all the deals to shop– there are so many discounts and sales going on, I’m very excited about it!