Missing Mitten + New Trader Joe’s Finds + Excited To See Sarah (TOL)

thinking out loud

One of my son’s Hanukkah gifts arrived via UPS the other night completely unexpectedly. Usually they email to say it’s on the way and they didn’t so now my son saw the boxes arrive. I like Hanukkah gifts to be a surprise when they can be and now this is not a surprise because the boxes gave it away! Ugh.

I can’t find one of my favorite running mittens. My beloved Lululemon Fluff Over mittens! I sort of knew I couldn’t find one of them towards the end of last winter, tried to not stress it (although I totally thought about it all summer) and just assumed it would turn up.

It hasn’t turned up. The thing is, this isn’t the end of the world.  I am only missing the mitten part, not the extra layer piece so I can easily replace the mitten I guess. Yet still, I hate when I can’t find something.

Remember my favorite Fluff Over Mittens? I still don’t understand why lululemon stopped making them. They are my absolutely favorite piece of running gear of all time! I really do hope I can locate this one silly mitten somewhere in my house.

fluff over mittens

Speaking of running, (well this is sort of running related), I am excited to see Sarah this weekend while in Boston! You may remember Sarah from the blog, Picky Runner. While she doesn’t blog anymore, we still stay in touch EVERY SINGLE DAY so getting to see her while my son and I are in Boston this weekend is really exciting. We normally speak by text or email so catching up in person will be a nice change.

I found this picture of Sarah in my blog’s media library. I took it when I last saw her at the Runner’s World Half & Festival over three years ago! We were lined up to run the 5K  which was really so long ago yet feels like yesterday in some ways.

picky runner

I went food shopping quickly yesterday afternoon at Trader Joe’s in my attempt to get errands completed before we are away really quick over the weekend. In the freezer section, I spotted two new, possibly exciting items.

Did you see these colorful carrot coins? I didn’t buy them but keep thinking maybe I should have just to have them in the freezer. This is totally something I can make myself from the fresh carrots since they sell the colored carrots in the produce section yet still, sometimes it’s nice to have them handy in the freezer.

colorful carrot coins

They also had this bag of roasted rainbow potatoes in the freezer section right next to the carrots. Again, I can make these myself really easily but maybe they are a nice option to have on hand? Maybe my son would eat them?

roasted rainbow potatoes

Please let me know if you have tried either variety. I have a feeling I will be back for the carrots.

On This Day:

12/7/16: My Story To Tell – Wow, it’s been a year since I shared this post! I am so OVER that whole situation from the Bar Mitzvah and that part of my past although a part of me knows that I am stronger because of it.

12/7/15: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes – Even my son loved these pancakes and he doesn’t like anything that I make which means these peanut butter chocolate chip pancakes were really that delicious.

peanut butter chocolate chip pancakes

Have you spotted the any of the new items at Trader Joe’s recently? I also saw a new veggie burger! Have you tried any of the new items?

Do you have an all-time favorite piece of running gear? Which running gloves/mittens do you love?

{ 10 comments… add one }
  • Lesq December 7, 2017, 7:30 am

I didn’t try them yet, but my a yogi/vegetarian acquaintance that goes daily to my class says she uses them to make lunch bowls and they are great. She tosses a handful of each chickpeas, almonds and a green veggie. She said they are extremely convenient and that the fresh bagged ones in the produce section often contain a lot of moisture and they lose their quality quickly. I buy ready made veggies at gourmet shops so let me know if you try I trust your taste Have an awesome time in Boston

• Samantha December 7, 2017, 7:31 am

That sucks that you can’t find your other glove piece, hopefully it turns up soon for you! My favorite running gear/ item is probably Under Armour running shorts!
    Samantha recently posted…Workout WednesdayMy Profile

• Emily December 7, 2017, 10:05 am

Those pancakes look so thick and fluffy! I’ll pray that you can find your running mittens; I’m often so amazed at how I look for things, and then someone reminds me to pray about them, because God does know where they are, and I so often find them not soon after; God is such a Kind Father!
    Emily recently posted…Comment on Being Content With My Body, My Life, and Most of All God’s Plan! by beautyinchristMy Profile

• amanda -runtothefinish December 7, 2017, 11:18 am

Losing favorite gear is the worst!! i will literally wear it until it has holes!!
    amanda -runtothefinish recently posted…Preventing Flu Without a Shot or Drugs (Natural Immune Boosters)My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes December 7, 2017, 11:29 am

Have a great time in Boston – so exciting that you get to see Sarah! The Saucony run mitts are my favorite mittens – I hope you find yours!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Your Winter Running Guide: Tips, Gear, Workouts, and MoreMy Profile

• Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real December 7, 2017, 12:55 pm

Those carrots look delicious! I agree with you on why buy if I can make them myself. Sometimes it’s nice to have things in the freezer for quick meals though.

• Sarah @pickyrunner December 7, 2017, 2:24 pm

Ahh can’t wait to see you so soon! Haha I forgot about that picture. I don’t know how we didn’t get a picture together! That weekend was such a blur but so much fun.

• Lisa @ Mile by Mile December 7, 2017, 6:38 pm

I feel like my winter running gear disappears so easily! I have a bag where I stick it all and its so unorganized. I just keep out what I wear most days but its always an adjustment to figure out what works at the beginning of each season.
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Running Workout Roundup for the Off-SeasonMy Profile

• Jennifer @ Fit Nana December 8, 2017, 10:30 am

I don’t get to a Trader Joe’s very often – it’s too far away from me – but I may go there just for those carrots and potatoes now. LOL
    Jennifer @ Fit Nana recently posted…THIS POST IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTER C (TOL #29)My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets December 9, 2017, 2:06 pm

I feel like you can’t go wrong with roasted potatoes or carrots.

Have fun at your blogger meet up. I love getting together with people IRL.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: The Banana Shorts Edition (#111)My Profile