Friday Favorites & Escaping For Cake

I actually can’t believe it’s Friday already!

In some ways, the rest of the week following my birthday went super fast. Maybe it’s the time of year though – June always seems to fly by because we have so much good stuff going on. School will be ending for my son shortly followed up with a middle school graduation (!!!) and the start of his summer teen tour on the horizon.

And I am just over here loving a few things this week including last night’s chocolate cake (see below!).

Friday Favorites

You know I love all things Henri Bendel, especially my hairclips.

Well, now I have a pony tail band that doubles as a bracelet.

Check this out! I bought the Rivet Crystal Pony in Rose Gold and absolutely love it. I wear it on my wrist as a bracelet and then use it to put my hair up when I get hot. It comes in two other colors but once I saw the Rose Gold, I was sold. I am obsessed with all things Rose Gold right now.

bendel rivet crystal pony

Charlotte Tillbury Makeup:

While parading around Bloomingdale’s on my birthday, I made a few stops at the beauty counters. First, I picked up the new Nars Liguid Blush in Orgasm.

Then, I spent some time at the Charlotte Tillbury counter where I learned to love the new Charlotte Tillbury Wonderglow Primer. Normally I use Dior’s Dreamskin as a primer but I really liked the Wonderglow Primer and all of the amazing benefits it provides, including how it is considered a “snapchat” filter for our skin!

wonderglow

You can wear it underneath your makeup as a primer or even on its own with moisturizer. The fluorescent core technology gives a lit from within appearance. This primer plays with UV light and blurs out any imperfections making you selfie-ready without the need to play with social media filters.

wonderglow

Also, if you are looking for a new all around palette containing eye shadows, blush and highlighter, I really liked this Charlotte Tillbury Instant Look In A Palette Seductive Beauty.

Skinny Jeans:

I have a good three pairs of Flying Monkey skinny jeans. I think I have mentioned them before but I recently picked up a cropped pair for summer. They always fit SO WELL and the price point is great so I definitely recommend you try them.

Escaping For Cake:

I love a spontaneous plan especially when it involves good cake and great company.

Linda’s Fudge cake for two which we can sort of count as part of my birthday week desserts, right?

linda's fudge cake

A Few Favorite Links:

Mega Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

Shake & Bake Cauliflower

And I really need to go to this custom ice cream bar shop in the city! Magnum NYC is a pop up shop and is now on my bucket list for summer even though I really don’t have a bucket list.

A whole bunch of Friday Favorites! @henribendel @charlottetillbury #makeup #bendelgirl #fridayfavorites #chocolatecake @cheesecakefactory Click To Tweet

This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for your support!

3 things you are doing this weekend?

Any new makeup products you are loving right now?

How do you normally wear your hair?

Comments

1. says

That cake looks amazing! I don’t think I mentioned this but Ill be in NY for like 18 hours this weekend…we have my cousin’s HS graduation but our time there is jam packed. I wish I could be there for longer so we could have met up!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Global Running Day 2017My Profile

2. says

My son and daughter went on teen tours for sooooo many summmers all over America and Europe. My daughter spent the summer in china and Hong Kong one summer. They are such a wonderful growing experiences. I guess now, travel within the USA is the only options for this summer. Cross country–cali, Arizona, Seattle and Vancouver, Alaska and Hawaii–so many wonderful ones. What a great age!!!!

• says

aren’t they so comfortable?! And it’s weird – this summer I don’t need to pack like I did for sleepaway since it’s a teen tour – he will be away during week but home on weekends! Makes it a little easier.

• Lauren says

The most comfy and the best price point too!!!
        My camp bags are closed and gone…why on earth does the packing stress me out? LOL. The teen tour will be great–my brother did one..and loved:))

3. says

That cake looks so good! Of all things, I recently picked up a Maybelline eyeliner (I never buy drugstore makeup – it was an impluse) and ended up really liking it – it reminded me of the Stila eyeliners I wore in college but less smudgy.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Friday ThriveMy Profile

• says

Moaybelline mascara is always rated as a top mascara! I remember that since my teenage years. I hate though when mascaras run, I am sure I used the Stila mascara back in the day too (it was my favorite brand) but can’t recall if it ran.

4. says

That cakes looks amazing!

3 things: snow cones, family game night, and running 🙂

I needed to order some new eye shadow, so I tried the Urban Decay eye shadow primer http://www.urbandecay.com/eyeshadow-primer-potion/296.html and it is amazing!

I try and wash my hair every 3-4 days, which is super hard during the summer, but that usually means down with beach waves for 2 days, and then messy bun or braids for the next two days. I had 10 min to shower and throw on makeup today between running and teaching, so I did a half french braid and up in a pony before I ran it lasted through my run and worked for teaching 😉 That’s the best!
    Marissa recently posted…Favorite Things – Summer/Vacation EditionMy Profile

• says

the struggle is real when we don’t want to wash our hair every day but get it sweaty from running! and I love a good eye shadow primer – people don’t realize how important the shadow primer is!