I haven’t completed a blog survey in a long time! When I saw this blog survey posted by Tina at Carrots N Cake last week, I immediately wrote the questions down to answer them today.
1. Who are you named after?
So my mom used to babysit for a little girl named Meredith. She thought that Meredith was the cutest girl in the world and decided that if she ever had a daughter, her name would be Meredith too.
Fun fact: A few years ago, my mom and I went to get our nails done and started talking to this woman in the salon who was also getting her nails done AND was also named Meredith. Long story short, this Meredith lived basically across the street from me AND was the Meredith my mom used to babysit for so many years ago! Such a small world.
As for my middle name, I am named after my great grandmother, Eve. My ex-husband’s middle name was Adam which made for a cute while it lasted story. Maybe that’s how the original Adam and Eve felt about things, cute while it lasted.
2. Last time you cried? I can’t remember the last time something really upset me enough to cry which is a good thing!
Actually, the only crying I do lately is when I laugh so hard that I cry, just like in this picture from the Bar Mitzvah.
The three of us fools pictured here (I’m on the left, Heather in the middle, Meaghan on the right) laugh every single day like this. Seriously. Every single day.
We are very funny people.
3. Do you like your handwriting? I had the neatest hand writing in elementary school. My best friend Lauren and I were teacher’s pets because of our neat handwriting at such young ages!
Lauren went on to literally become a handwriting specialist and as for me, well, I am not as neat anymore because I rush when I write things down.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? I don’t eat meat!
5. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.
6. Would you bungee jump? Never!
7. What is your favorite kind of cereal? My favorite cereals as a kid were Cookie Crisp, Waffle Crisp, Cocoa Pebbles and Life Cereal. It’s hard to pick just one.
8. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I have actually become super lazy with this and seem to be kicking off my running shoes lately without untying them!
Every morning I think about how I shouldn’t be doing this but I can’t help it.
9. Do you think you’re strong? Emotionally yes, physically, not so much, at least not my upper body strength. Don’t call me to help you lift or move anything, that’s for sure.
10. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate Chip 🙂
11. What is the first thing you notice about a person? Personality for sure. Are they friendly or obnoxious?
12. Football or baseball? Hockey!
13. What color pants are you wearing? Black.
14. Last thing you ate? Oatmeal.
15. What are you listening to? I always have the news on the television while I type my posts in the morning.
17. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? A shade of pink. Maybe the magenta. Not the super light pink because that crayon doesn’t color very well. It’s too light.
17. Favorite smell? I find the aroma of a bakery to be intoxicating.
18. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? Does text message count? If it does, then my group text with Heather and Meaghan (see above) would be the last people I spoke to on the phone. If real phone calls are what count, then it would be Meaghan to laugh about what we just texted about.
19. Married? Not anymore!
20. Hair color? Blonde.
21. Eye color? Green. But my mom will still say my eyes are blue. They are not blue! They haven’t been blue since I was two years old! They are green!
22. Favorite food to eat? Warm chocolate chip cookies or chocolate fudge cake.
We were so smart this weekend and poured hot fudge over a slice of Linda’s Fudge cake.
It was out of this world!
23. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings.
24. Last movie you watched? Friends With Benefits. Who else adores this movie?!
25. What color shirt are you wearing? Gray sweatshirt.
26. Favorite Holiday? Thanksgiving is definitely a favorite of mine because of the food but I really love Mother’s Day too because of the breakfast tradition I have with my son.
27. Beer or Wine? Wine. White wine over red wine these days.
28. Night owl or morning person? Morning person for sure.
29. Favorite day of the week? Friday. Is there anyone who would say Monday? Or even Tuesday? Who likes Tuesday?
Your turn! Pick a question or two from the survey and answer it for me!
Who are you named after?
Do your friends make you laugh until you cry?