Cake For Lunch Expert & What I Call Big News (TOL)

thinking out loud

Another week, another round of people asking google if it’s okay to eat cake for lunch and the google keyword search brings them to me.

I’m the cake for lunch expert I guess.

If cake is what you randomly want for lunch today, go ahead.

Honor the craving. You have my permission.

If cake for lunch will make you feel better emotionally today when you normally eat a salad, don’t feel guilty.

Indulge. It’s worth it for your happiness. Salad today is not going to make anything better if cake is what you really want.

I know these things. Cake for lunch has saved me many times. Just make sure it’s chocolate cake. Don’t ruin the moment with something other than chocolate cake. That would be silly.

Anyway.

I’ve got big news. Well, the kind of big news that I consider big news which really isn’t big news to anyone probably but me.

Last Thursday I told you that I wore real pants. Today I will tell you that I have been finding myself wearing my skinny jeans equally as often I have been wearing leggings.

And, my skinny jeans must really be comfortable because I caught myself sitting all comfy on the couch while sipping my favorite cinnamon vanilla Yogi tea.

Is there anything more wonderful than finding pants that have a real waist and button that are comfortable?!

yogi tea

My other piece of big news is that The Barclays Center seems to be kicking my Islanders out after next season.

If you ask me, it went like this:

The Barclays Center heard the Islanders wanted to leave so they did the whole, I will dump you before you dump me thing.

I am thrilled. You know I cannot stand going to Brooklyn to watch my team play hockey. Now the question is, where will the Islanders call home?

#TBT to that time I was Newsday famous with my featured article about the Islanders leaving me for Brooklyn. Look how little my son was in the picture!

Islanders article in Newsday

On This Day:

2/2/16: Finding Balance Between Our Diets & Workouts < – Laura and I wrote such a great series last year about finding balance between our diets & workouts! Definitely check it out if you missed it.

2/2/15: A Peak in the Life of a Treadmill Long Run < – So far this winter, I have only needed to run one long run on the treadmill and I would like to keep it that way.

cake for lunch expert & big news #thinkingoutloud #cake #lunch #isles #islanders #yogitea… Click To Tweet

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

What’s your big news for today?

Did you ever dump someone before they had the chance to dump you?

If you were going to have cake for lunch today, what kind of cake would it be?

{ 22 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile February 2, 2017, 6:57 am

I always pick leggings over jeans, and when I do wear jeans I dont really wear them around the house. (I change into sweatpants as soon as possible). I would love to find a really comfortable pair that I wanted to wear all the time!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Worriers vs Warriors and Bad Luck Running RoutesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 2, 2017, 9:53 am

one of the skinny jeans brands I’ve been wearing is flying monkey – definitely try them! so comfortable.

• Emily February 2, 2017, 9:42 am

Definitely chocolate cake for lunch. I also consider finding real pants that FIT a HUGE bit of news, because I always struggle to find ones that are comfortable. I used to hate jeans until I realized that I could find sizes that actually fit my thighs.

My big news would be that I’m just feeling a lot more peaceful and less worried about what others think of me; the first time in a long time.
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: Exercise Addiction ( Beauty in Christ Episode 1)My Profile

• Suzy February 2, 2017, 9:55 am

I have leftover ganache torte in the freezer from my birthday. I think I’ll have that for lunch today! With caramel drizzle.
    Suzy recently posted…Hairy BallsMy Profile

• Gretchen February 2, 2017, 10:25 am

That’s crazy about the Islanders! It’s blowing my mind that so many teams are shifting around (especially in the NFL). What would you do if they left New York completely? I could never see that happening though!
    Gretchen recently posted…What’s New With You? Linkup #13My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 2, 2017, 10:32 am

I highly doubt they will ever leave the area – it’s just a matter of settling at the right building and Brooklyn isn’t it!

• Krista February 2, 2017, 10:47 am

Haha, definitely have dumped guys before they could dump me. But more in like a, we both see this is going down hill and not going to continue, let me just put us both of our misery real quick.

I would love some ice cream cake today! It is a super hot summer in Lima right now!
    Krista recently posted…My Dog’s Six Most Important ThingsMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes February 2, 2017, 11:32 am

I love comfy skinny jeans! I have Prana ones that are more comfortable than leggings. My big news for today is that I ordered a Google Pixel phone (because my iPhone storage is crap)!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…I Don’t Want Winter to EndMy Profile

• josephine February 2, 2017, 2:13 pm

wait a second… i can have cake for lunch? #gamechanger! chocolate cake it is… if only i had some
    josephine recently posted…February aka RUNuaryMy Profile

• Sean @ TheVeggieVoller February 2, 2017, 4:25 pm

I am a sucker for comfy jeans! Leggings > Jeans anyday. I just dont like feeling restricted in jeans, but sometimes ya gotta put on your big girl pants and wear some jeans. I was curious about googleing “is it ok to have cake for lunch” so of course I googled it and you popped up 2nd! I guess you really are the cake for lunch queen!
    Sean @ TheVeggieVoller recently posted…TOLT #3- YouTube is my new NetflixMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 3, 2017, 5:28 am

haha, so funny right? cake for lunch queen lol…I don’t like feeling restricted either but my skinny jeans are really comfortable!

• Jamie@TheMomGene February 2, 2017, 8:15 pm

First of all, I think your biggest win is being first on the internet for cake for lunch. Secondly, if I had cake for lunch it would be chocolate on chocolate and warmed with vanilla ice cream. Thirdly, you’ve made me want to go shopping for pants because none of my button ones are comfortable!
    Jamie@TheMomGene recently posted…A Blogger Thank YouMy Profile

• Patrick February 3, 2017, 9:19 am

Im not crazy about eating cake but I have been known to forgo dinner and have a big bowl of ice cream instead. Life to short. Do what makes you happy. I will have to tell my mother about those jeans. I can’t remember the last time she wore real pants. I think she will wear her black yoga pants to my wedding.
    By the way I love your content and always enjoy what you post.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 3, 2017, 9:32 am

I used to love a big bowl of frozen yogurt for dinner! ha those were the days…black yoga pants to your wedding makes me laugh, I can understand 🙂

• Patricia @Sweet and Strong February 3, 2017, 9:33 am

Finding a pair of jeans that you can cozy up on the couch with is hard! I have been all about jeggings lately. And team CAKE for breakfast, lunch, dinner! lol.
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…Best Game Day RecipesMy Profile

• Erica February 3, 2017, 12:18 pm

Chocolate Cake FTW!
    Erica recently posted…Friday ThoughtsMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets February 6, 2017, 10:46 am

I had cake for dinner last night followed shortly thereafter by a grilled cheese because I needed something salty.

Finding a pair of jeans that are comfortable is almost as good as winning the lottery.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: The Socialite Edition (#69)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 7, 2017, 5:21 am

I can totally understand needing the salty after having cake for dinner. I have experienced that.