What a week.
I feel like I say that way too often but it’s how I feel these days! The fact that we are entering February this week makes me really happy though as it means we are getting closer to March.
A part of me hates that I rush the days away but gosh, aside from hockey season, I really want nothing to do with winter!
Let’s bullet point the highlights from the week, shall we?
- LOTS of writing (I can talk all things weddings if you are interested)
- A Monday work day with my pal Dina (we are working together again today!)
- A really good fruit salad while at a think tank work meeting in the city on Tuesday
- Three outdoor hockey games (and one more tonight!). Confession: I sat inside at the rink watching the Islanders play hockey on television most of the time rather than braving the cold to watch my son play Thursday night.
- Ice cream WITHOUT cookie dough ( I still don’t understand how Cold Stone is always out of cookie dough)
- Several angry phone calls to the New York State health people to deal with re-certifying my health insurance (the worst!)
- An oil change Friday morning plus a plug for the nail in my tire (why do my tires always attract nails?)
- A whole lot of laundry (where does it come from?!)
And then there’s my really in-depth workout recap post from yesterday which explained my odd week with muscle soreness and lower mileage.
Thankfully I feel normal again! I just wish I could get outside more during the week to run rather than be inside almost everyday on the treadmill. When oh when will the sun start rising earlier?!
If you are looking for me this week, I will be here.
Favorite Weekend Eats:
I had a Red Mango parfait for lunch on Friday courtesy of a much appreciated Red Mango gift card I received earlier in the week. This is probably the only way I eat fresh berries these days!
Sushi Saturday night.
This pan of spicy fried brussels sprouts weren’t even too spicy for me! I really liked them.
The chocolate chips on the side of this chocolate cake were simply perfect. This isn’t Linda’s Fudge cake because remember, I am still annoyed that they changed Linda’s Fudge cake AND made it smaller.
And I am still cleaning the waffle maker from the mess my son made Saturday morning after my long run.
There was waffle batter caked all over this thing! Ugh.
Have a great week!week in review plus favorite weekend eats #weekinreview #weekend #running #sushi #redmango #eats Click To Tweet
Linking up with Meg’s Week In Review!
3 things you did over the weekend?
What’s on the workout agenda for today? Will you run inside or outside today?
Best thing you ate over the weekend?