Highlights From The Week & Weekend Eats

What a week.

I feel like I say that way too often but it’s how I feel these days! The fact that we are entering February this week makes me really happy though as it means we are getting closer to March.

A part of me hates that I rush the days away but gosh, aside from hockey season, I really want nothing to do with winter!

Let’s bullet point the highlights from the week, shall we?

• LOTS of writing (I can talk all things weddings if you are interested)
  • A Monday work day with my pal Dina (we are working together again today!)
  • A really good fruit salad while at a think tank work meeting in the city on Tuesday

fruit salad

• Three outdoor hockey games (and one more tonight!). Confession: I sat inside at the rink watching the Islanders play hockey on television most of the time rather than braving the cold to watch my son play Thursday night.

Islanders

cold stone

• Several angry phone calls to the New York State health people to deal with re-certifying my health insurance (the worst!)
  • An oil change Friday morning plus a plug for the nail in my tire (why do my tires always attract nails?)
  • A whole lot of laundry (where does it come from?!)

And then there’s my really in-depth workout recap post from yesterday which explained my odd week with muscle soreness and lower mileage.

Thankfully I feel normal again! I just wish I could get outside more during the week to run rather than be inside almost everyday on the treadmill. When oh when will the sun start rising earlier?!

If you are looking for me this week, I will be here.

treadmill

Favorite Weekend Eats:

I had a Red Mango parfait for lunch on Friday courtesy of a much appreciated Red Mango gift card I received earlier in the week. This is probably the only way I eat fresh berries these days!

Red Mango Parfait

Sushi Saturday night.

sushi

This pan of spicy fried brussels sprouts weren’t even too spicy for me! I really liked them.

spicy fried brussels sprouts

The chocolate chips on the side of this chocolate cake were simply perfect. This isn’t Linda’s Fudge cake because remember, I am still annoyed that they changed Linda’s Fudge cake AND made it smaller.

chocolate cake

And I am still cleaning the waffle maker from the mess my son made Saturday morning after my long run.

There was waffle batter caked all over this thing! Ugh.

waffles

Have a great week!

week in review plus favorite weekend eats #weekinreview #weekend #running #sushi #redmango #eats Click To Tweet

Linking up with Meg’s Week In Review!

3 things you did over the weekend?

What’s on the workout agenda for today? Will you run inside or outside today?

Best thing you ate over the weekend?

{ 14 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile January 30, 2017, 6:49 am

At least those treadmills look nice even though running outside is so much better! I keep thinking about how the start of Feb means spring has to be right around the corner. Hopefully the next few weeks go by quickly!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Wind, Hills, and Lots of YogaMy Profile

• Samantha January 30, 2017, 7:56 am

This weekend was a pretty relaxed weekend with just errands and college work. But workout wise today will be a day for running indoors;I’m so ready for spring at this point too!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes January 30, 2017, 8:27 am

Waffle batter is so frustrating to clean off the iron! Best thing I ate this weekend was homemade pizza – the sourdough crust I have been making is so good!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Lake Sammamish Half 2017 Training Week 4My Profile

• Sara @ Oats & Rows January 30, 2017, 9:33 am

Ahhh that red mango parfait would hit the spot right about now, even at this hour! This weekend, I had chipotle for the first time in a while. I love it!
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…Currently: JanuaryMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 30, 2017, 10:59 am

This is exactly why I don’t use my quesadilla maker as often as I’d like. It’s just such a pain in the ass to clean.

I have a serious chocolate craving happening and that cake isn’t help. Or maybe it is since it’s probably going to push me to action. 🙂 Also I need these fried Brussels sprouts in my life. They sound divine.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Teething, Cats and The Wire (68)My Profile

• Suzy January 30, 2017, 11:28 am

I got my oil changed on Friday too! They said I need new belts and a new oil pan or something. I have such a hard time believing them though. Thankfully my cousin used to work for Honda and can fix up my van for cheaper AND he tells me the truth! That chocolate cake looks amazing. I’m obsessed with chocolate chips like that. YES.
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 30, 2017, 1:24 pm

I would kill for one of those parfaits right about now. I was struggling with the lunch thing, and that looks like everything I didn’t know I wanted 😛 And I’m pretty sure I’ll be doing everything inside today. It’s not cold, but we’ve got some crazy ass wind that makes me not want to leave my house.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…cookbook details and pre-order!!!My Profile

• Marissa @ Run Riss Run January 30, 2017, 2:06 pm

3 things I did this weekend were run, get my tattoo colored (ouch!), and had dinner with friends Saturday night.

I walked barefoot on the treadmill this morning because I didn’t want to put on running shoes quite yet (tattoo on the top of my foot).

Best thing I ate this weekend was an ice cream sundae with cookie dough and salted caramel sauce!
    Marissa @ Run Riss Run recently posted…Monday MattersMy Profile

• Julianne January 30, 2017, 5:07 pm

This weekend I started planning a surprise birthday party for my friend, set up my Australian bank account (studying abroad there yay!), and had a few great workouts! Best thing I ate was a yummy fruit salad at the hospital I was shadowing at!

• Michele January 30, 2017, 7:01 pm

Waffles irons drive me nuts which is why I rarely use mine! Those brussels sprouts though, I want some! Ran outside this morning and the cold actually felt really good, oddly I seem to like high 20’s temps the best for running!
    Michele recently posted…Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Ranch Chicken Meatloaf {Paleo & Whole30}My Profile

• Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday January 30, 2017, 7:51 pm

I ran inside this morning, mostly because I haven’t done laundry since my last outdoor run and I used up my best winter running gear. I could make do, but I was okay with a treadmill run today. Best thing I ate this weekend was Chipotle, honestly. It had been way too long. The close runner up was a ton of cereal, though, because it had also been way too long since I’d had cereal, and sometimes it just reeeeeally hits the spot!
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Breaking the Rules: Why I Quit Whole30My Profile

• Emily January 30, 2017, 8:21 pm

Ooh what do you do with weddings? Also Cold Stone. I need some Cold Stone every time I see your posts. And then maybe I would eat a Red Mango parfait.
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: Why I’m Content with My Stocky BodyMy Profile