My Uggs Fell Apart, Trader Joe’s & Recent Eats

Linking up with Meg’s Week in Review today!

I barely remember that my son was off from school on Monday for Martin Luther King Day! It was a crazy week for me work wise yet somehow I still managed to publish six posts here on the blog.

Blog Highlights:

It’s Okay To Not Sign Up For a Race < – I still don’t think I will be entering the lottery for the New York City Marathon but my interest in the Long Island Half may be returning since writing this post!

Altar’d For Life < – Have you checked out Altar’d yet on Z Living? Let me know what you think!

After posting yesterday’s workout recap, I headed outside for an easy 5 mile run. The weather was glorious for January and I felt terrific even though I ran 13 miles on Saturday followed by dinner Saturday night at Rothman’s. Neither seemed to affect my ability to enjoy my run.

running shoes

Earlier this week Heather sent me these cute coasters from her company, Atlas Event Rental. One side is the company logo and the other side offers party planning tips.

It still makes me giggle that Heather and I ended up working in the same industry. We were just meant to be best friends. I am forever grateful that I walked over to say I liked her outfit when I spotted her 30 years ago in my camp group.

atlas event rental coaster

By the time I finally got to Trader Joe’s on Friday, I hadn’t been food shopping there in well over a week! I am pretty sure that I spent more money in one Trader Joe’s trip than ever before.

It was one of those food shopping experiences where you just throw everything into your cart but aren’t really sure what you bought.

Trader Joe's

I see that I bought these dark chocolate heart cookies but don’t tell my son because I hid the box.

Trader Joe's mini heart cookies

So my Uggs finally gave out on me. I have had this particular pair of Uggs for TEN YEARS. And then, just like that, I got a tear in the left boot while pulling them on which meant it was time for a new pair.

I didn’t even realize how shot my Uggs were until I went to get a new pair at Bloomingdales over the weekend. It wasn’t easy to get my old pair of Uggs to stand up for this picture.

Uggs

I didn’t do such a good job with food pictures this week but it happens. Sometimes I get too caught up in just eating and enjoying the moment to think about stopping for a picture.

These onion rings were good though.

onion rings

I got back on my toasted bialy with plum tomatoes and melted mozzarella kick for lunch. Such a great combination!

toasted bialy with melted mozzarella cheese and plum tomato

I’ve been using my Dunkin Donuts gift card real frequently, including a stop there yesterday afternoon before my son’s hockey game.

dunkin donuts coffee

Dinner last night at The Cheesecake Factory capped off the weekend. I am not so sure that I am ready for Monday though.

bbq ranch salad

week in review! #cheescakefactory #Uggs #dunkindonuts #weekend #running #weekinreview Click To Tweet

3 things you did over the weekend?

Do you wear Uggs? Have they lasted you a really long time like mine did?

What was for dinner last night?

{ 23 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile January 23, 2017, 5:17 am

I think I have had my Uggs for 8-9 years! One pair is a mess because I used them to shovel snow last year. The other is still in pretty good shape! I hope they last forever because I really dont feel like buying a new pair. They are still so comfortable!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Using Running to Stay Grounded and FocusedMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 24, 2017, 5:18 am

I didn’t want to get a new pair either but I am happy I did. I didn’t realize how shot my boots were until comparing them

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes January 23, 2017, 8:30 am

I haven’t worn Uggs in years! I think I donated my pairs after college because Hunter wellies were in and had better traction in the snow.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Lake Sammamish Half Training 2017 Week 3My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 24, 2017, 5:17 am

I wear my uggs when it’s not raining or snowing and then switch to my rain boots for days like today where it’s like a monsoon out there!

• Patricia @Sweet and Strong January 23, 2017, 8:43 am

I am desperately in need of a new pair of uggs, I am loving all the different styles of waterproof boots this year though. So I can’t decide what to get.
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…Winter Getaway and Weekend HighlightsMy Profile

• Gretchen January 23, 2017, 9:01 am

I feel like I’m one of the only people who hasn’t worn uggs before! That’s amazing that they lasted so long, and you were definitely due for a new pair. Hope these last you another 10 years!
    Gretchen recently posted…Gettysburg Marathon Training : Week 7My Profile

• Arthi January 23, 2017, 9:19 am

That bialy looks yummy!

Three things I did over the weekend:
    -Back to back long runs! 11 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday
    -Went to 2 of my boyfriend’s family events this weekend … Even more exhausting than my back to back long runs 🙂
    -Made a skinny version of bang bang shrimp using this recipe … http://www.thecookierookie.com/bang-bang-shrimp/ … So good!
    Arthi recently posted…Midweek Hello!My Profile

• Suzy January 23, 2017, 9:21 am

I’ve never worn Uggs before either! I wish I had some though–they look so comfy. Your new pair must feel like heaven compared to your old pair!
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 23, 2017, 1:45 pm

I can’t believe you guys don’t have any snow! It’s kind of scary to run outside here because of all the ice/snow patches on the sidewalks. Or maybe I’m just as wuss. And on that note, I’ve actually never owned a pair of Uggs… mostly because I imagine they wouldn’t be great in the snow 😛
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…link love 1/22My Profile

• Marissa @ Run Riss Run January 23, 2017, 4:09 pm

3 things: Run in the rain, breakfast with the BFFs, and 2 family dinners.

I have 2 pairs of Uggs: one are a short slipper and I’ve had them for 7 years and I love them. My sis in law gave me tall ones that someone gifted her but they were too small (yay for me!)

Dinner last night was smoked chicken, roasted broccoli with mizithra cheese, baked yams, and kale salad. I’m almost hungry again just thinking about it 🙂
    Marissa @ Run Riss Run recently posted…Monday Meal PrepMy Profile

• Miss Polkadot January 23, 2017, 4:12 pm

Ten years – that’s an impressive lifetime for a pair of boots. One of my favourite pairs gave up on me towards the end of 2016. It was a sad goodbye and I still haven’t found a suitable replacement.
    Isn’t it amazing to look back and see how some friendships that started “by accident” end up lasting such a long time?!
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Better than before.My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 24, 2017, 5:14 am

I was so happy to be able to replace my boots with the exact same pair! and yes, heather and I go way back. she is the best!

• lauren January 23, 2017, 6:22 pm

I have the same box of cookies…HID from my daughter til V-Day gets closer! LOL.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 24, 2017, 10:19 am

Every time I see your Cheesecake Factory Salad, I think I want that. I also wouldn’t turn the onion rings or the DD coffee.

My Uggs are shot too, although I’m not so sure I’ll get another pair. I think I’m ready for something a little different.

Six blog posts last week. Holy shit, that’s impressive. My current goal is two, and I’m thrilled if I make it, especially since the tiny human is officially teething. Gulp.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Silver Linings (#67)My Profile

• Emily January 24, 2017, 10:47 am

Uggs look SO comfortable; I’ve never worn them, but I love comfortable boots.

3 things I did over the weekend:

1) Church and Bible STudy on Sunday which were so refreshing…
    2) Cleaning
    3) A shorter ‘long run’ for half marathon training but… I haven’t signed up for a race yet. 😀
    Emily recently posted…10 Reasons For You To Exercise UnpluggedMy Profile

• Lisa @ Lisa 3D January 24, 2017, 1:13 pm

It’s pretty good that your Uggs lasted for 10 years. That’s a great track record! I’ve actually never tried them out before, but they look so comfortable.
    Lisa @ Lisa 3D recently posted…One Week One Palette | Weeks 1 and 2My Profile