What I Ate Wednesday 1.11.17

I know I have mentioned in the past that I am lucky enough to work with one of my best friends. Dina and I both work remotely but sometimes, like on Monday, we set up office and work together.

Dina was over early on Monday to work from my house for the day which made Monday that much more fun!

Breakfast:

I had my usual pre and post run oatmeal, here’s the post-run bowl.

oatmeal

It was so super cold on Monday which I mentioned in yesterday’s post so the two of us spent the day refilling our cups of tea like you can’t imagine.

yogi tea

Lunch:

Of course I made sure that we had a nice lunch to look forward to eating before our webinar.

I threw together a pretty salad which included chopped romaine lettuce, roasted sweet potatoes and grape tomatoes plus chick peas and avocado. It was really simple to make while working and didn’t take much effort.

All I had to do was roast the sweet potatoes and grape tomatoes in the oven and then assemble when ready.

big salad

Such a simple salad but so good!

big salad

This salad sort of reminded me of the Power Salad recipe I shared a few months ago. We like that salad a lot too!

Dinner:

We had a little bit of salad left over so I roasted some extra potato wedges, put them on top and called it dinner.

salad with potato wedges

Dessert:

I am still on a Hershey’s Kisses kick and obviously I had more than just these two. Who can only eat two?!

hersheys-kisses

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today for What I Ate Wednesday!

Sharing what I ate on Monday for today's #WIAW #salad #oatmeal #eats #recenteats Click To Tweet

What are you having for breakfast today?

Do you have an easy salad combination that you make often?

Favorite nighttime snack lately? (I love asking this question to hear new ideas)

{ 17 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile January 11, 2017, 5:20 am

I love putting roasted sweet potatoes in my salads! I have actually had people at work question it before! Im still eating dark chocolate after dinner. Although we did have cookies a few nights this week which was a nice change!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…30 Minute Glute Burning WorkoutMy Profile

• Sara @ Oats & Rows January 11, 2017, 6:08 am

I recently added sweet potato on top of a salad and LOVED IT! My favorite salad toppings as of late include sweet potatoes, grape tomatoes, avocado, chicken, pistachios, and cucumber. The Tessamae’s lemon garlic dressing is my new fav too
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…8 Easy Ways to Feel Better Right NowMy Profile

• Patricia @Sweet and Strong January 11, 2017, 8:35 am

I love a salad with delicious toppings, esp roasted sweet potatoes. Lately I’ve been into chicken, hummus, roasted veggies, and olives.
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…Healthy Denver Egg Muffins Recipe and WIAWMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes January 11, 2017, 8:41 am

I just throw together whatever is on hand and sounds good for a salad. Recently I made a kale salad with potatoes and goat cheese. My night time snack is always dark chocolate!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…6 Steps to Start Running (and Keep Running)My Profile

• Arthi January 11, 2017, 8:58 am

That salad looks yummy!

In Minneapolis for work today and staying at my favorite hotel in the city – The Embassy Suites downtown, where breakfast is included 🙂 Having some scrambled eggs and coffee now! I’m not normally a breakfast person but whenever I travel I’m always better about making time for it.
    Arthi recently posted…Quick Hello!My Profile

• Suzy January 11, 2017, 9:56 am

I don’t usually like Hershey’s chocolates but I love the white chocolate mint kisses from Christmas time! We have a big container of them left over and I love them with coffee.
    Suzy recently posted…The Vegina MonologueMy Profile

• Emily January 11, 2017, 10:21 am

Favorite night time snack lately has been a big mug of cereal with raisins and peanut butter… It’s so good! And you packed in those salads on Monday plus all the warm tea. My favorite salad combo would be lettuce, boiled eggs, tomatoes, carrots, and maybe some apples? 🙂
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: Why I May Be Crying But I Still Have So Much JoyMy Profile

• Samantha January 11, 2017, 4:59 pm

Lately I’ve been having roasted sweet potatoes & veggies + feta +dried cranberries on some of my salads, but I’m going to try the combination that you did soon! I would love to hear everyone else night snack routines also because I’m running out of ideas too.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 14, 2017, 11:22 am

I’d like to work from home with you if these are the kinds of eats involved. The salad sounds divine. Roasted potatoes of any kind makes me happy.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Mothers Wanted: Apply WithinMy Profile