Lots of Yogi Tea & Leaving For Disney! (TOL)

I didn’t mean to skip a What I Ate Wednesday post yesterday but I hadn’t taken one picture of what I have been eating since the weekend so there went that.

thinking out loud

Something inside of me has clearly changed because I am no longer the winter loving New Yorker that I used to be.

Winter was always my favorite time of year – between the chilly air, Hanukkah and hockey season, I could never get enough!

These days however, rather than enjoy the season, I am busy counting down the days to March while walking around constantly cold and annoyed by the weather.

Things are only made better when a) I am wrapped up in my blanket b) I carry around a hot mug of tea.

Yogi Tea’s Kava Stress Relief is my tea flavor of choice. It’s a decaf tea which works really well for me as caffeinated teas tend to make me dizzy.

hello kitty mug with yogi tea

I think I refilled my mug yesterday with hot water a good four times before noon!

And the cute little messages that Yogi Tea gives me are nice too.

Yesterday’s tea message was “what belongs to you will come to you” < – I like that.

We are leaving for Disney World today!!

The weather is looking nice in Orlando (80’s!) and my friends will be in Disney too so we are really excited for this trip.

Oh yeah, and Hanukkah begins at sundown on Christmas Eve! It’s always nice when Hanukkah is later in December and falls around Christmas so the fa la la feeling lingers for us along with everyone else.

My plans for posting over the next few days is a bit undecided.

I want to pop in with a few pictures to say hi at least once while we are away but Disney World, as you may know, is so much fun but also SO TIRING that typing up a post may not happen so fast.

Please follow me on Instagram where I will do my best to share our fun and of course, what we are eating (desserts!!).

As for my workouts, I will use the hotel gym (it’s a really nice one!!) but I cap my vacation workouts at 30-40 minutes tops. There won’t be a long run for me this week and I am more than okay with the break! I sometimes think that Disney World walking is a lot harder on me than running 13 miles.

On This Day:

12/22/15: Running on Treadmill: Pro’s & Con’s < – This post was also included in Tuesday’s Treadmill Round Up!

12/22/14: Chocolate Bar Blondies < – Ironically, I shared this recipe for chocolate bar blondies two years ago today which was also the day we left for Disney World in 2014!

If I don’t speak to you before the weekend, have a very Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas!

Hot tea & leaving for Disney!! #thinkingoutloud #Disneyworld #yogitea #winter #vacation… Click To Tweet

Are you a tea drinker? Do you like Yogi Tea? Which variety?

Which season is your favorite? Has your opinion changed over the years?

Who isn’t done with their holiday shopping?

{ 15 comments… add one }
  • Judy @ Chocolaterunsjudy December 22, 2016, 5:11 am

I love yogi teas, too! But I’m ok with caffeine until midday. Blueberry Slim Life is my favorite flavor — it doesn’t have anything to do with losing weight; I just like the taste.

I’ve lived in 4 different states, but unfortunately the majority of my life has been spent in NY (mostly upstate, but also western). Hate winter — always have. I moved further south as soon as I was able to!

Enjoy Disney & happy Hannukah!
    Judy @ Chocolaterunsjudy recently posted…Running does a body good: TOLTMy Profile

• Lisa @ Mile by Mile December 22, 2016, 5:16 am

I used to like summer best but now I think I prefer fall. Running has definitely influenced my season preference! Have so much fun i Florida and happy holidays!!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Year of Running 2016My Profile

• Lesq December 22, 2016, 6:48 am

Have a blast in Disney!!!!! What an awesome Christmas/Hanukkah break trip with your son. A real chance to enjoy, be free and good weather!!

• michele @ paleorunningmomma December 22, 2016, 9:03 am

Definitely a tea drinker! And I love the same yogi tea 🙂 We just got back from disneyland hours ago and needless to say I’m NOT loving the cold. Winter would be awesome if I didn’t have to go outside! Have an amazing Disney trip!
    michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Easy Chipotle Roasted Almonds {Paleo & Vegan}My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 26, 2016, 6:09 am

back to the cold means back to the tea! I didn’t have any while away, I guess I wasn’t cold enough to drink it!

• Mary@Swimming Pool December 22, 2016, 9:22 am

Oh no why not winter anymore? Probably because you’re too busy? I love winter. It’s the best season of the year with the best festive moments. Relax and enjoy! Christmas is here! Have fun going to Disney World!
    Btw I like your mug. Very curious to see how the colour of your tea is! Merry Christmas!
    Mary@Swimming Pool recently posted…5 Tips for Hot Tub Cover CareMy Profile

• Emily December 22, 2016, 10:38 am

I love tea; I’m not a coffee gal at all. I think we were all made with different tolerances for cold, and sometimes that goes down as you get older. I love going to warm places, but I’m a bit more of a ‘cold’ gal (hopefully not cold hearted). I’m pretty much done with Christmas shopping; now I just need to wrap everything. 😀
    Emily recently posted…Why I Tried To Hide My Eating Disorder But Couldn’tMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes December 22, 2016, 11:14 am

Have so much fun in Disney! I drink tea usually once per day – I like Earl Grey tea the most, probably because it’s similar to coffee. I love winter now – I have a decent tolerance to the cold if I am moving.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Winter Cross-training for RunnersMy Profile

• Caroline December 22, 2016, 11:20 am

Have so much fun at Disney! I went last year right after New Year, coincidentally the week of all the races, and all the decorations for the holidays were still around. That’s a good plan for not doing too much workout wise. Having that alone time to workout is important but all the walking gets pretty intense (I did like 10-15 miles a day!). Make sure you get a caramel and chocolate covered apple, those are the best!!!
    Caroline recently posted…Christmas Survey & Thinking Out LoudMy Profile