Don’t Hate The Treadmill! (Workout Round-Up)

It’s that time of year again.

You know, that time of year when some of us runners are forced inside to run on the treadmill more often because the weather conditions prevent us from running outdoors.

Running on the treadmill doesn’t need to be thought of as a bad thing though!

Over the last few years, I have really learned to like and embrace running on the treadmill and have written some really great treadmill posts in the process.

As I mentally prepared for my first long run on the treadmill of the season last week, I looked back on my previous treadmill posts for extra motivation and inspiration which of course in turn inspired this quick treadmill round-up!

There's no reason to hate the treadmill! Check out this round up of treadmill inspiring posts and workouts!

5 Benefits of Treadmill Running For Outdoor Runners < – There really are benefits, I swear!

Running on the Treadmill: Pro’s & Con’s List < – Love this list because sometimes the pro’s are con’s too!

Beat The Treadmill Boredom: Tips For Running Happy Inside < – Come prepared and you can love the treadmill! This post includes a progression run workout too!

The Mental Breakdown of a Routine Treadmill Run < – Another good one! Goes into depth about how I approach a treadmill run and my thought process (a positive attitude is key) throughout the workout.

A Peak in the Life of a Treadmill Long Run < – Positive attitude is really everything.

Treadmill Workouts:

Treadmill Workout < – Keeping you engaged with some intervals!

Treadmill Speed Play Workout < – I really need to run this workout again, please remind me.

Long Run on the Treadmill Workout Plan < – I like having structure to my treadmill runs, especially the longer distances!

Easy Run on the Treadmill Workout Plan < – How many times can I tell you this is my favorite treadmill workout?!

Don't hate the treadmill! Plenty of tips and workouts included in this round up to help you… Click To Tweet

How do you feel about running on the treadmill? Has your opinion changed over the years?

Can you run outside today or is it too cold, snowy, icy?

{ 11 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile December 20, 2016, 6:58 am

The treadmill is not my favorite (and I am often miserable when I am running on it) but as I have said before I think I would use one more if I had access! I know the treadmill will be my best friend when I travel to Michigan around the holidays. I used to run on the treadmill every day and even did up to 12 miles! Oh how things have changed.
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Year of Running 2016My Profile

• Suzy December 20, 2016, 10:25 am

Ugh. I never did gt outside for my run yesterday. I started to run but then the sidewalks were too icy so I had to turn around and finish my run on the treadmill. I’m for sure running 10 miles outside with my friend Lora today. I AM SO EXCITED!!!
    Suzy recently posted…Week in Review: It’s Snow ProblemMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 26, 2016, 6:14 am

it’s always so exciting in the winter when we can get outside! I am really hoping for a mild winter here so that my path isn’t affected by snow and ice too often

• Lisa December 20, 2016, 12:42 pm

Thanks for the ideas!
    My two favorite treadmill routines are 2:1 (2 minutes running and 1 minute walking – I do 7.2 and 4.2 mph) and 3-2-1 (3 minutes slow then 2 minutes faster and 1 minute fastest – I do 6 then 6.5 then 7 mph). I can go for miles with either of these routines.

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes December 20, 2016, 3:36 pm

I used to run on the treadmill every day – and anywhere from 3 to 13 miles! Now I avoid it unless it’s icy or severely windy outside, or we’re traveling and that’s the safest option. When I do run on it, I need workouts like these to keep it interesting. Today’s run was warm – 40 degrees at 6 AM!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Pay It Forward this Holiday Season with StonyfieldMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 26, 2016, 6:13 am

I definitely like having the treadmill for the winter months but I will always prefer outside the best

• Samantha December 20, 2016, 4:59 pm

I don’t mind running indoors too much anymore, especially when it is this cold out! But I didn’t always feel the same about it.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 26, 2016, 6:12 am

I know exactly what you mean! some days I am good with the treadmill yet some I want to be outside

• Caroline December 20, 2016, 10:03 pm

I prefer running outside because there’s nothing like the breeze blowing by or seeing all the trees on a winding road, but the treadmill is honestly always a great option. Treadmill runs always make me mentally strong and I’ve found they’re the best way for me to get spadework in. I set that treadmill at paces I know I can hit but don’t really want to hit so it forces me to do what I need to do to be a better runner!
    Caroline recently posted…How to Take a Break from Running without Going InsaneMy Profile