Holiday Party Desserts & WIAW

Jumping right in to What I Ate Wednesday!

Breakfast:

I have been alternating these toasted English muffins and peanut butter with oatmeal for breakfast once again. You had to know I wouldn’t totally give up on oatmeal! There’s no rhyme or reason lately as to which I choose for breakfast, I just make my decision first thing in the morning when I am ready to eat.

I like living this way because thinking too much about what I will eat is a waste of mental energy.

On this particular day, it was an English muffin with lots of peanut butter, a drop of jelly and mashed banana. I had the other half right before my workout, this half is post-run.

coffee plus english muffin with peanut butter

Lunch:

The problem with Instagram stories is that most of the time I forget to save the images that I share and those images only last for what, 24 hours? If you happened to catch one of my stories over the weekend, you saw that I picked up a bunch of French toast bagels at Stew Leonard’s.

While I do love a good bagel for lunch lately or even a steaming hot bowl of oatmeal which has been making lunch appearances too, I do still crave a big bowl of roasted vegetables like this one which contains roasted broccoli, sweet potatoes and chick peas.

roasted vegetables for lunch

Dinner:

I was in the city Monday night for another holiday party. Of course the only pictures I thought to take were of the desserts but you can’t blame me when the hosts of the party were Ron Ben-Israel Cakes and Marcia Selden Catering which means that not only was the food delicious but the desserts were on point.

I definitely had my share of the mini brussels spouts skewers and totally wish I had pictures of how cute they were but the candy buffet makes up for it.

candy buffet

Do you see those big chocolate covered marshmallows?! SO GOOD.

candy buffet

I made myself a nice candy bag to take home.

candy

Ron Ben-Israel put out a nice display of cake options with so many different flavor combinations just like my recent cake tasting experience during my recent work meeting at his cake studio.

I didn’t get pictures of each type of cake on display and they didn’t photograph great due to lighting but here’s two of the delicious cake varieties. Seriously, he is designing my wedding cake whenever it is that I get remarried one day!

Ron Ben Israel Cakes

ron ben israel cakes

After the holiday party I did get a bite to eat at a Greek Restaurant too so I had some of the candy from my candy bag after enjoying this hummus platter.

hummus platter

It was a super fun Monday night!

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today.

Holiday party fun in the city plus WIAW #WIAW #NYC #candybuffet #candy #cake Click To Tweet

Which candy would you have grabbed from the candy table? The chocolate or the sugary stuff? Or both?

What have you been loving for lunch lately?

How cold is it right now where you live?

{ 14 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Mile by Mile December 14, 2016, 6:45 am

I would definitely go for the chocolate! Lately for lunch Ive wanted something warm, so I have been bringing leftovers rather than salads. I made chili the other night so that was perfect for a warm lunch the next day!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Home Gym Tour Plus Workouts You Can Do At HomeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 15, 2016, 5:22 am

I’m all about super hot foods this week. I should make some of the black bean and quinoa chili that I love, great idea!

• Trish December 14, 2016, 7:43 am

Your day made me seriously gain 20 pounds just reading about!!
    Trish recently posted…Review & A GiveawayMy Profile

• Emily December 14, 2016, 9:40 am

WOW those holiday parties are EPIC. The presentation of the desserts is absolutely beautiful.
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: Living Requires Eating… Without ExerciseMy Profile

• Suzy December 14, 2016, 9:52 am

The crappy thing about being a stay at home mom is that I miss the parties. Oh well, I’ll just have to have my own! I drank enough wine for a party of 5 last night, so there’s that. Your Monday looks like it was a pretty great Monday! Those desserts are incredible. I don’t like marshmallows all that much, but I’d eat them! Along with everything else at that party!
    Suzy recently posted…Suzy’s Gift GuideMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 15, 2016, 5:19 am

I don’t love marshmallows either but the chocolate covered ones like these were amazing!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes December 14, 2016, 12:09 pm

I love Greek food! Hummus plates are my favorite and such a great light meal. I would be all over the chocolate at a candy table like that!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…How I Improved My Marathon NutritionMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles December 15, 2016, 5:18 am

I love greek food these days too, especially the hummus that is made in a good greek restaurant

• Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 14, 2016, 12:21 pm

I could crawl into that dessert table and live there. WOW! Is that rock candy I spy?! That was my favorite as a kid.
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Where to Eat on Beach Road in Tulum, MexicoMy Profile

• Tracy December 14, 2016, 12:46 pm

Definitely the sugary. Apparently when I was very young my mom thought I was hyperactive and read a book that said to limit my sugar intake so I wasn’t allowed to have any sugar. Completely backfired and now I have a serious sugar addiction! I eat an omelet with toast and tomato slices every.single.day. Super easy and quick when I am running home with my little one and trying to feed him and throw him into bed his for nap. Its a balmy 82 in Palm Beach Gardens right now – sorry! ( ;

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets December 15, 2016, 11:25 am

Wow, that dessert spread is on point. You really do get to eat some of the best sweet treats. “I’m a little envious,” she says while eating a chocolate cookie. 🙂
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: The Minutia Adds Up (#61)My Profile