Thinking Out Loud November 10, 2016

thinking out loud

My hair is so long that it’s getting into my food as I eat. Saturday night, somehow my hair dipped into the brownie sundae that I failed to take a picture of which left my hair smelling like vanilla ice cream until I washed it < – not a bad smell actually.

One of the good things about not running the half marathon this Saturday morning is that I can in fact schedule a haircut for earlier in the day, still make it to my son’s hockey game in the afternoon AND have a good blow out going for the two parties party I have Saturday night.

Good hair > Running a half marathon.

Running, though, has been super wonderful this week!

The sun is up early.

The air is nice and chilly.

I feel high on estrogen and endorphins.

Aside from my dumb broken Keurig machine trying to interfere with my happiness, my morning runs have been simply terrific each and every day this week.

running path

I just run without a care in the world, no structure or plan to my miles and finally, I feel my average paces landing where they belong. For so long, I just didn’t feel myself out there on a consistent basis.

Between what felt like endless summer heat and humidity combined with being distracted by the Bar Mitzvah for so long, to finally feel like my true normal self when I run just feels amazing and right.

Until next week when mid-cycle hits and my hormones freak. I swear, there are only like four good days a month.

Confession #1:

There are four overripe bananas in my garbage because I didn’t feel like baking anything or adding them to the freezer collection I already have for smoothies.

Confession #2:

In about two days there will probably be another four overripe bananas in my garbage because I don’t feel like baking or adding them to the banana collection already in my freezer for smoothies I haven’t made in six months.

Confession #3:

I had lunch at Chopt yesterday without my son. Please don’t tell him. I mean, I know there’s always a chance that he reads my blog posts but I am praying he doesn’t catch this one otherwise he will be really disappointed in me for getting myself a salad at his favorite salad place while he was at school.

But I was hungry! And wanted a salad! And didn’t have any ingredients left in the house to make my own!

chopt salad

In the Mix:

• Romaine & Spinach
  • Hearts of Palm
  • Charred Onions
  • Quinoa
  • Avocado
  • Tomato
  • Tahini Dressing

On this day:

11/11/15: Recent Eats < – Good meals here! I haven’t been to The Little Beet in a long time!

11/10/14: Thought Per Picture < – Oh that Godiva Brownie Sundae…

11/10/13: Donuts & Whole Foods Food Bar Fun  < – I remember making these healthy chocolate donuts like it was yesterday.

thinking out loud #running #Chopt #salad #onthisday Click To Tweet

Is anyone else avoiding their Facebook newsfeed because people are going insane with sharing their political opinions?

What do you like to bake with your overripe bananas?

Are you due for a haircut?

{ 7 comments… add one }
  • Susie @ SuzLyfe November 10, 2016, 6:51 am

SO overdue for a haircut. I have figured out that when I start shedding a ton, it is time for one. Guess who is shedding a ton??
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Thankful Thursday 11/10My Profile

• Gretchen November 10, 2016, 7:52 am

Getting rid of my Facebook was the best decision ever. I’m kind of wishing I deleted Twitter while I was at it. It’s kind of addicting/infuriating/annoying/still addicting to read my feed right now. I can’t turn away but I keep getting more and more upset!
    Gretchen recently posted…Belize Part 4 : Everything ElseMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes November 10, 2016, 8:18 am

I need a haircut! It’s on my long post-marathon to-do list. My hair is back to a good length since I donated it, so now it needs more style and layers.
    Facebook is driving me insane- people on both sides are so reactionary and irrational.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…How to Spread Kindness in Your RunningMy Profile

• Emily November 10, 2016, 8:58 am

I really love banana bread when I have time to bake! And my newsfeed was so mixed yesterday on Facebook. I didn’t spend tons of time on it.

And I LOVE those morning runs that have no structure; they are so important to remind us why we run.
    Emily recently posted…How Truth and Love Affect Elections and Eating DisordersMy Profile

• Suzy November 10, 2016, 10:06 am

Ohhhh your morning runs sound so perfect! I know what you mean about having only 4 good days per month though. I actually end up getting super bad ovulation cramps and upset tummy issues that are even worse than during my actual period! LAME.
    Suzy recently posted…Welcome to CanadaMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 10, 2016, 12:57 pm

I was just thinking this morning about how there are so few good days per month between PMS, periods, and ovulation. Like… why us. And this is one of those times where I’m super happy that I don’t have a personal FB account, even though I’m getting bombarded with it everywhere else anyways.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…slightly sleep deprived rambles (ToL#208)My Profile

• Lisa @ Mile by Mile November 11, 2016, 4:46 am

I got my hair cut last weekend- I was so overdue! I get one good haircut a year, and then I’ll get a trim once or twice outside of that. I got highlights this time which are more intense than I planned, so I think I will have to go back when they grow out to fix things up.
    I haven’t had any extra bananas lately. I always end up buying just enough for the week!
    It’s been a great week for running between the weather and the lighter mornings!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…Running and Blogging Frustrations of the MonthMy Profile