Halloween Candy & Season’s 52 (WIAW)

Before we discuss what I ate yesterday, let’s take a quick look at the amount of candy that arrived home via my son’s trick or treat bag Monday night.

Every Halloween I think he comes home with more Halloween candy than the year before but that’s probably because I forget just how much candy he can collect! This was a serious amount of candy this year, a serious amount.

Halloween candy

I was asked on Instagram which my favorite candy is to have from the pile but my response isn’t a short, one candy answer so let me explain my reply:

When I was a kid, I loved the peanut butter cups and 3 Musketeers.

As I got a little older, I was ALL about the m&m’s.

This year I randomly put myself on the hunt for Hershey’s Kisses (found none) and box of Dots. I don’t love the sugary/chewy candy but found myself in the mood for little box of Dots randomly but we got none!

So, from this year’s Halloween candy, I had:

Every Hershey’s chocolate bar I could find in the pile (not the Hershey’s miniatures but not the giant bars, there’s a tiny size in between).

A few fun size bags of m&m’s

A bag of Reeses Pieces

Note: Mixing m&m’s with other types of chocolate really doesn’t taste good. I have always known this and should have remembered it when I chose to have the m&m’s after the Hershey’s bars.

Moving on to what I ate yesterday….

Breakfast:

Did you think I would eat something other than oatmeal? I had my usual pre-run oatmeal with banana and then had my post-run oatmeal and blueberries with Skoop B-Strong in an almost empty peanut butter jar.

oatmeal in a jar

Lunch:

Just a simple egg sandwich with sauerkraut on toasted cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread. I got the eggs and sauerkraut combination idea from Jen at Peanut Butter Runner. I really like it!

By the way, I salt the eggs real good with sea salt while they are cooking which is an essential component to completing this sandwich for me.

egg sandwich on ezekiel bread

Dinner:

My son was going with his dad to the Islanders game so in between his fun, I went out for dinner at Season’s 52. I am not really sure what I ate but I ordered the vegetarian tasting and it was delicious. We also had a tuna tartare thing and brussels sprouts.

vegetarian tasting

Season’s 52 is known for their small desserts. Of course I had the chocolate one. Actually, I had two of the chocolate ones, who could eat only one of these and call it dessert? Way too small!

Season's 52 chocolate dessert

It’s What I Ate Wednesday – Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today!

What I ate yesterday & dinner at Season's 52! #wiaw #seasons52 #halloweencandy #chocolate Click To Tweet

What kind of candy did you eat on Halloween?

What’s for lunch today? Did you plan it already to bring to work or will you wing it around lunch time?

Do you like Season’s 52?

{ 26 comments… add one }
  • Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 2, 2016, 6:23 am

I love Season’s 52! Those mini desserts get me every time… the best is going with a group and ordering the whole tray. 🙂
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…BBQ Cauliflower “Rice” Bowl [Recipe] + WIAWMy Profile

• Lisa @ Mile by Mile November 2, 2016, 6:44 am

We have so much candy left over. I have been eating mostly the M & Ms. But I wish we had some reeses. There is alot of candy I don’t like leftover too- like starburst and nerds. By the end of the night we were trying to give handfuls of candy to the kids who were coming around but Im sure their parents were hating us!
    Lisa @ Mile by Mile recently posted…October Running & Goals Check-InMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 2, 2016, 8:44 am

I don’t like the starbursts or nerds either! when I was a kid I liked the nerds a little bit though 🙂

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood November 2, 2016, 7:54 am

My cousin is a waitress at our local Season’s 52 so she always hooks me up, ha! Also, Reese’s every time. Always.
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…Comment on What I Ate Wednesday: Halloween 2016 by MelissaMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes November 2, 2016, 8:19 am

Eggs with sauerkraut sounds so good! We skipped candy this year since we barely get any trick or treaters in our complex. But it’s Reese’s or M&Ms that I always choose!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…A Long Distance Runner’s Guide to Racing the 5KMy Profile

• Trish November 2, 2016, 8:35 am

Holy Batman that is a lot of candy!!
    Trish recently posted…Tasty Fall Warmth…It’s Just so JuicyMy Profile

• Patricia @Sweet and Strong November 2, 2016, 8:47 am

My favorite Halloween candy always changes from year to year. But I am usually always a fan of Milky Ways. And YES M&M’s DO NOT taste good with other chocolate, isn’t that so weird. I love combining M&M’s with candy corn and popcorn 🙂 And what kind of sauerkraut do you buy? I have been wanting to try incorporating some into my meals.
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…Turkey Taco Sloppy Joes and WIAWMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 2, 2016, 8:49 am

Lately I get the big jar of organic sauerkraut from Whole Foods, the 365 brand. There’s nothing funky added and it’s really good as far as sauerkraut goes!

• Gretchen November 2, 2016, 9:16 am

Wow..that seriously is a ton of candy! What did he go as this year?

Today for lunch is Chipotle day! I have meetings from 8-2:00, so I figured I deserved a little treat after they were all over and didn’t really feel like bringing my lunch today 😉
    Gretchen recently posted…NaBloPoMo (Alternative Title- Let’s Get Personal)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 3, 2016, 9:05 am

chipotle day sounds like a great idea, we can’t always bring lunch, it’s nice to mix it up! my son is a little old for dressing up (although the girls do still at this age) but he did wear his islanders jersey and put on a fake mustache to look like one of the islanders.

• Suzy November 2, 2016, 9:51 am

Your son is CHAMPION at collecting Halloween candy!
    Suzy recently posted…The RideMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 3, 2016, 9:03 am

seriously he is! we have so much and he keeps eating it when he gets home from school as if he isn’t sick of it yet! lol

• Emily November 2, 2016, 10:20 am

I LOVE Reese’s. I think they will probably always be my favorite.
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: Learning what Real Joy Is…My Profile

• Arthi November 2, 2016, 11:15 am

That is a serious collection of candy! Good work! I enjoyed a big bag of Sour Patch Kids Monday night 🙂

I love Season’s 52! I feel like it’s so versatile!
    Arthi recently posted…Monday Night Surprise.My Profile

• Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday November 2, 2016, 11:57 am

Those small-but-not-mini Hershey bars have my heart and I cannot explain it. I’m so not a milk chocolate person 99% of the time, but I adore those specific ones!
    I go through such food phases and this made me realize it’s been ages since I’ve had eggs. Craziness. But they sound really good with sauerkraut, so I’ll have to give that a try soon!
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Sweet & Savory Sausage Squash StuffingMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 3, 2016, 9:01 am

yes to hersheys milk chocolate! I don’t normally love milk chocolate either but there’s is the best

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 2, 2016, 9:44 pm

Now that’s a seriously impressive stash! I handed out candy this year and snacked on some between groups of kids. Mostly KitKats and Coffee Crisps, which have always been my favourite. I like anything wafer-y with chocolate and cream. Aaaand now I’m craving one.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…easy homemade applesauceMy Profile

• michele @ paleorunningmomma November 2, 2016, 9:47 pm

Halloween candy totally took over the house recently! I don’t eat it but make my own treats instead, I think we might have to donate it because I feel bad throwing it all away and there’s no way the kids will get through it.
    michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Smoky Paleo Slow Cooker BBQ ChickenMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 3, 2016, 9:00 am

I know there are many places to donate the candy – I think you can send it off to the troops overseas too.