Warm Up Songs, Coffee Mugs & On This Day (TOL)

thinking out loud

I call these songs my warm up songs since I listen to them every morning as I warm up during my run.

Still Falling For You – Ellie Goulding

Wildest Dreams – Taylor Swift

Out of Style – Taylor Swift

Thoughts on my song choices:

I will never grow tired of any of these songs, at least, it hasn’t happened yet.

I must really like Taylor Swift or just relate to the stories she tells her in her lyrics.

Still Falling For You is known as MY SONG so don’t steal it.

All we need to do is add Celine Dion’s It’s All Coming Back To Me to this mix (which I still listen to while running sometimes) and I think we have a therapy session in progress rather than a workout.

Do your coffee mugs match?

Like, do you have a matching set of coffee mugs or do you wing it and purchase all different types of coffee mugs as you see them in the stores throughout your life?

I suddenly want the coffee mugs in my kitchen cabinet to match. I have four matching coffee mugs here, and four matching coffee mugs there but not a full set of matching coffee mugs.

Am I supposed to throw out all of my random mugs though to make room for a new, full set? This seems like a waste of money and a useless conversation, doesn’t it? There’s nothing wrong with the coffee mugs I have, I just want pretty ones that all go together.

Right now I am obsessed with this new All That Glitters Holiday Mug from Henri Bendel.

I really want to get it but I can’t quite justify the $30 price tag for a coffee mug that I don’t need but I am drawn to it, probably because of the two girls; they remind me of my best friend Heather and me.

Henri Bendel All That Glitters Holiday Mug

Don’t the girls look like Heather and me? Okay maybe not exactly like us in this particular picture but this picture from the Bar Mitzvah still makes me happy so I wanted to share it again.

heather and me

I received a few inquiries regarding my dress and shoes for the Bar Mitzvah so I figured I would share the details here in case anyone else was curious:

I found my dress at Mieka last year (September 2015). My mom and I had gone dress shopping just to start looking and this dress was the first dress I tried on! We bought it that day.

My glittery shoes are the Kate Spade Charm Heels. They come in a variety of glitter colors and are super comfortable. I definitely recommend them! Kate Spade, in my opinion, makes a very comfortable shoe.

Kate Spade Charm Heels

Have you bought Halloween Candy yet?

I bought so much candy for the candy table at my son’s Bar Mitzvah that I don’t really feel like buying more candy to give out on Halloween. What do you normally give out? Something you like in case you have tons of leftover candy OR something you don’t like in case of you have tons of leftover candy? 😉

On This Day:

I love looking back at old posts lately so I thought it would be fun to do an On This Day to see what I was saying and doing a year ago, two years ago AND three years ago.

October 27, 2015: Meatless Meatballs Vegan & Grain Free – This is a great recipe!

October 27, 2014: Race Photos & Next on My Race Calendar – Pictures from the Runner’s World races, Trader Joe’s food shop plus a look at what I was considering next on my race calendar.

October 28, 2013: Who Collects Lip Balm?I remember writing this weekend recap which included me finding a stash of lip balm. I also remember eating the Linda’s Fudge Cake after an Islanders game! Time sure flies.

running songs, coffee mugs & on this day #thinkingoutloud #running #barmitzvah #coffee… Click To Tweet

So, do your coffee mugs match?

Do you have a set playlist that you listen to every day or do you mix things up?

Which candy did you buy/will you buy for Halloween?

{ 23 comments… add one }
  • michele @ paleorunningmomma October 27, 2016, 6:27 am

My mugs are slowly starting to not match as I buy more 🙂 LOVE those shoes btw and also love the throwbacks to previous posts on this day, I’m scared to look back at mine!
    michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Real Paleo Crack, Socks are the New Sweatpants and TOLMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2016, 7:55 am

I like looking back at my posts! sometimes it’s scary to see from 3 years ago but still sort of fun.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe October 27, 2016, 6:45 am

You looked gorgeous at the Bar Mitzvah! Totally gorgeous. I still have my shoes from my wedding in a box so that I can wear them again. I need to find the right day and time!
    I love the idea of a on-this-day throwback. I might start doing that!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Currently (End of October)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2016, 7:55 am

Aw, thanks! 🙂 I will definitely be wearing these shoes again for sure! I actually can’t remember what my wedding shoes looked like, it’s bother me right now. I think they were boring plain white since my dress was so poofy and long, we couldn’t see them.

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes October 27, 2016, 8:11 am

I love your dress and shoes! My mugs don’t match but there’s matching pairs within the collection. I love Kate Spade mugs so we have a few of those plus the ones thst match our dishware.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…What to Look for in Running Socks {Feetures Giveaway}My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 27, 2016, 8:17 am

do you have the one that says eat cake for breakfast? I don’t know why I never bought it! it’s so cute

• Gretchen October 27, 2016, 8:20 am

Ah those SHOES!! So freaking cute! Thanks for sharing them 🙂 This is our first year having a house so I’m not sure if we got enough candy…we got 2 bags that each have 200 pieces of mixed candy, but you never know!
    Gretchen recently posted…Belize Part 3 : Hidden Valley InnMy Profile

• Jen @ Pretty Little Grub October 27, 2016, 9:17 am

I have a matching set of coffee mugs and a whole bunch of random ones. I like the random ones more so I’m actually debating getting rid of the matching set! ha ha
    Jen @ Pretty Little Grub recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #86My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2016, 5:19 am

I want to remove the matching set I have from my dishes actually, they are the cups and saucers and I can’t possibly drink coffee at home out of a cup so small! they just sit in a cabinet.

• Emily October 27, 2016, 9:30 am

We have a huge assortment of random mugs. I particularly love my owl mug, because it makes great mug cakes. Also, if you wanted to get rid of some of your mugs, you could take them to Goodwill? And so… I’m kind of waiting to buy Halloween candy till after the day; cause it’s always 50% off.
    Emily recently posted…Thinking Thursday: New Fall Foods, Fluffy Friends, and the GospelMy Profile

• Suzy October 27, 2016, 9:35 am

I never ever ever want my coffee mugs to match! That would make me so sad. I have a wide variety of mugs that suit different moods and I choose them each day according to how I feel. HA! I’m such a dork.
    Suzy recently posted…I’ll Look At Yours If You Look At MineMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 27, 2016, 10:55 am

I love your Kate Spade shoes. Hooray glitter plus comfort.

I have the Halloween candy stashed in my garage so I don’t eat it all. That being said, I have no idea what to do for Halloween this year. Ave is really too young and she goes to bed right around the time trick or treating happens so I don’t know how we’re going to give out candy. I do not want my doorbell ringing all night. What’s a girl to do?

I have a wide variety of coffee mugs, including four matching Christmas mugs that I always forget to pull out come holiday time. Oops.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Crunchy Oven Baked Sweet Potato ChipsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2016, 5:17 am

leave the bucket outside with the candy! that’s what I do. with a note that says please take two….I took my son trick or treating when he was a year old, just so I could get the candy lol

• lauren October 27, 2016, 2:03 pm

Love the dress and the shoes!

My mugs are getting closer to all being the same–my rule is that when I buy some new ones–must get rid of some of the old random ones! I am like a kid in a candy store with kitchen stuff….any and all kitchen stuff so getting rid of old stuff if I purchase new is critical!!

So we don’t get a ton of trick or treaters and we actually go to a friends neighborhood to trick or treat–super fun. Typically we leave out this huge bucket of candy–and guess what–barely anyone comes and then I am overloaded with candy which ultimately my husband takes to work! Putting my foot down this year–keeping the house dark and not doing candy! In the past I have bought those bags at Costco that have a bit of everything:))
    lauren recently posted…Friday Favorites–But on a Monday!My Profile

• Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat October 27, 2016, 2:51 pm

A) I love that play list and Celine should totally be in there looks good to me for running B) I have 8 matching coffee mugs (to go with the rest of my dining set) but mind you I always use the same one – not one of those. But damn they look pretty lined up in the cabinet!
    Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted…October Update!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2016, 5:16 am

ha, yes I like when they look pretty in the cabinet! I have 12 that match my dishes but they are those small little cups and saucers, I can’t drink coffee from that!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 27, 2016, 4:43 pm

Nope! Mine definitely don’t match. The problem is that I pick up a lot from places I travel, or any cute ones that I come across. So now I have all these random ones that I love but don’t exactly go together. I think I have one matching set, but I never use it.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…insert witty title name here (ToL #206)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 28, 2016, 5:15 am

sounds exactly like me! I have a full set of the little cups and saucers from my dishes but for the big mugs that I actually use, the most that match are 4, the rest are random.

• Debra October 27, 2016, 11:14 pm

Your coffee mugs – 30$ for it – expensive but worth buying – it’s so beautiful. And your shoes – very wonderful; I love it – I hope I have it, love love….
    Debra recently posted…Rectangle vs. Round Trampoline: Which one is best for you?My Profile