Out of Cookie Dough?! (WIAW)

Jumping right in to What I Ate on Monday!

Breakfast:

I eat the same exact thing every morning.

Along with coffee and water, I have half of a banana mashed and warmed with a small amount of oatmeal before my run and then more oatmeal mixed with fruit (usually frozen blueberries) and Skoop B-Strong after my run.

The only variations that occur in my post-run breakfast is that sometimes I cook egg/egg whites in with the oatmeal and/or add peanut butter. Also, long runs will feature more of each ingredient to make up for the energy expended during the workout.

Since I am terrible at remembering to take pictures lately, especially first thing in the morning, rather than skip today’s post, I figured it would be okay to share with you an older post-run breakfast photo which looks just like what I ate on Monday.

In fact, this is probably a more valuable photo of my blueberry pie protein oatmeal since the picture is from the recipe post I shared last year!

Blueberry Pie Protein Oatmeal

Lunch:

I was craving absolutely nothing for lunch which is an awful feeling. Hungry yes, in the mood for something specific, no.

I ended up with a whole wheat cinnamon raisin English muffin from Trader Joe’s topped with peanut butter and apples. Not a bad lunch.

english muffin with peanut butter

Dinner:

I haven’t had a sweet potato in a really long time. It’s all about regular, white potatoes at the moment, sliced and baked until crispy with a side of Trader Joe’s Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup. I love dipping the fries in the soup! And, if I am feeling fancy, I melt mozzarella cheese on the baked fries.

tomato soup with baked fries

Dessert:

I think that because I didn’t finish my cup Saturday night at Cold Stone, I was feeling the need for another round of a good dessert.

We went back to Cold Stone so that I could redeem myself but I wanted to cry when I saw this sign letting me know they were out of cookie dough. Of course cookie dough is what I wanted mixed into my Cold Stone creation!

out of cooke dough

Instead of cookie dough, I had a brownie mixed into the vanilla yogurt plus chocolate chips and whipped cream. It was fine but didn’t really hit the spot the way cookie dough would have for me.

cold stone

Off to start my morning routine of Pure Barre and an easy run, be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today!

Taking a look at what I ate on Monday! #WIAW #oatmeal #coldstone #fries #peanutbutter Click To Tweet

Which would you prefer, a big chunk of cookie dough or a brownie mixed into your ice cream (frozen yogurt)?

Favorite kind of English muffin? Have you tried the whole wheat cinnamon raisin English muffins from Trader Joe’s?

What’s on the workout agenda for today?

{ 19 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine October 26, 2016, 4:55 am

I think both those ice cream options sound good! But its disappointing when you are in the mood for something specific and they are out of it. I like whole wheat English muffins- Ive never been a fan of any kind of cinnamon raisin bread!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Catching Up After the WeekMy Profile

• Liz @ I heart vegetables October 26, 2016, 7:52 am

I would definitely have picked cookie dough, too! Such a bummer when you’re craving something but you can’t get it!
    Liz @ I heart vegetables recently posted…Tone It Up Meals: Week 3My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes October 26, 2016, 8:03 am

Brownie over cookie dough – and in chocolate ice cream! I rarely have ice cream so I always go for super chocolately when I do get it.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…6 Yoga and Stretching Workouts for RunnersMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 26, 2016, 8:09 am

I usually get their fudge brownie yogurt but I switched it up after not loving it on Saturday!

• Meliss October 26, 2016, 8:11 am

Almost always prefer cookie dough to brownies. And this morning I was hoping to get in a 3 or 4 mile run. But my newborn had other plans! I managed to only have 25 minutes but I got int 2.75 miles. Better than nothing!
    Meliss recently posted…WIAW: Will 2 Apples a Day Keep the Doctor Away?My Profile

• Patricia @Sweet and Strong October 26, 2016, 8:41 am

I would be SOOOO disappointed if I was craving something and the store was out. I definitely prefer cookie dough over brownies. This just means you have to try again later this week 😉
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…Feels like Fall, Weekend HighlightsMy Profile

• Suzy October 26, 2016, 9:16 am

Oh I love English muffins because they catch and hold all that butter/peanut butter inside the little fluffy pockets. YUM. I laughed when I saw that sign on the ice cream on your Instagram. So ironic! DO THEY NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE?
    Suzy recently posted…Sigh LanguageMy Profile

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood October 26, 2016, 9:19 am

Whaaaaaatttt to the cookie dough!? I’d be very annoyed. How could they do that to you!?
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…Comment on What I Ate Wednesday: Happy Pumpkin Day! by CoraMy Profile

• Emily October 26, 2016, 10:56 am

Ok, so I’ve heard that there are pumpkin spice English muffins, and I kind of want to find one. I haven’t had an English muffin in way too long. 🙂

And that is so amazing that they were out of cookie dough; I would probably be fine with a brownie mix-in! 🙂 I love Coldstone! Your fluffy bowls of oatmeal always make me hungry for oatmeal!
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: How to SMASH those Fear FoodsMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 26, 2016, 12:46 pm

I’ve been digging the baked white potatoes too! Actually, I think I’ve eaten them for dinner every day this week… although I have a feeling a lot of it is due to the fact that I just want an excuse to eat ketchup 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…healthy coffee crisp smoothieMy Profile

• michele @ paleorunningmomma October 27, 2016, 8:09 am

I think I’d have to choose the cookie dough, but really I’d want both 🙂 Reminds me of the crazy sundaes I used to make for myself at Friendly’s simply because I could! I’ve been roasting more white potatoes lately too but need to think of dips.
    michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Real Paleo Crack, Socks are the New Sweatpants and TOLMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 27, 2016, 10:49 am

I hate it when I have a hankering for something only to not get it. Last night I wanted Chipotle for dinner and I order it online only to discover it wouldn’t be ready for 2 hours!! 2 hours!! That’s crazy talk so I cancelled it and went with something else. And yet I still really want Chipotle.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Crunchy Oven Baked Sweet Potato ChipsMy Profile

• Debra October 30, 2016, 5:31 am

I see they are not bad – looks delicious and nutritious!!
    Debra recently posted…How to Shock a Swimming PoolMy Profile

• rachel @ athletic avocado October 30, 2016, 11:22 am

Not having cookie dough is like getting an apple for halloween haha! That’s the worst when you are specifically craving something and you can’t get it 🙁
    rachel @ athletic avocado recently posted…Paleo Pumpkin Rosemary Pesto GnocchiMy Profile

• Jennifer L October 31, 2016, 12:05 pm

In lieu of your cookie dough, might I recommend the Vanilla Cake Batter with Oreos and Sprinkles? That is my “go-to.” 🙂 Bummer though, The WORLD needs cookie dough! 🙂

• The Cookie ChRUNicles November 1, 2016, 5:40 am

I just can’t believe they didn’t order cookie dough from a different manufacturer, it’s kind of a key ingredient!