The Bar Mitzvah

Oh hi! Remember me?

My routine since the Bar Mitzvah has just gone out the window! It will take some time to recover from the planning and partying but I am slowly coming down from the high of the weekend so I do hope to return to normal any day now.

bar mitzvah

It was a weekend full of fun…and emotion. Like one of my best friends said, this Bar Mitzvah brought up the last 13 years of my life, all in one weekend, and that is a lot to handle in addition to the regular moments one experiences when hosting a Bar Mitzvah party.

bar mitzvah

The Bar Mitzvah party itself was tremendous.

From what I understand, the almost 100 kids in attendance said that this party was the best they have been to yet which says a lot considering how many they have gone to over the last year.

Bar Mitzvah Party

The truth is, I am at a loss for words to type regarding the weekend. There’s no way that I can offer a true recap just yet and there’s a strong possibility that I may never really share one on the blog. Aside from being a bit too emotional about things, I am not overly comfortable sharing pictures that have other people’s children on my site and many of the pictures will contain the kids.

Once the dust settles though and the pictures come back from the photographer, I will be putting together an awesome event spotlight for AllSeated to feature the event planning, set up and décor aspect of the party so I will share that link when it’s live.

table photo

My friends are an incredible group of girls. There are no words to describe the level of our friendship and I will never be able to thank them enough for their loyalty to me.

I know I mentioned that my best friend Heather came up for the weekend from Florida. Nothing I would try to say here would ever come close to explaining her role in my life for the last 30 years. I am so glad that I told her that I liked her outfit when I spotted her in my camp group back in like 1987.

heather and me

heather and me

This may be my favorite picture. We seem to have soft spot in our hearts after all.

heather and me

I didn’t fall out of the chair during the horah which had a lot to do with the chair having arms. At my wedding, the chair didn’t have the arms to hold on to so falling out of the chair totally almost happened.

horah

If you are wondering about my son in all of this, he was just amazing. He commands an audience like no other and had the best time at his party.

candle lighting

Right now I am trying my best to get back to myself and my regular life. My house is an upside down mess filled with the décor that we took home and I haven’t gone food shopping in over a week.

Running has not been much of a priority this week even though I ran 10 miles the morning of the Bar Mitzvah. I just haven’t felt up to my usual routine but that’s okay – even with a half marathon approaching, I know I can get the job done. If anything, time off can only help me. I would rather be undertrained than overtrained!

Recapping the Bar Mitzvah! #barmitzvah #eventplanning #mitzvahmom #running Click To Tweet

What have I missed? How are you?

{ 21 comments… add one }
  • Andrea October 19, 2016, 6:15 am

You looked gorgeous!!! Mazel Tov to your son!
    Andrea recently posted…Jen’s Wedding Weekend Recap!My Profile

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine October 19, 2016, 6:49 am

Welcome back! Glad you had such a good time and that everything went well. It looks like an amazing event and you look great!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Goals For The End Of 2016My Profile

• Gretchen October 19, 2016, 8:10 am

Looks like such an amazing party! All of your hard work paid off for sure and now you can rest and relax for a while 🙂 You look fantastic as well..love your dress 🙂
    Gretchen recently posted…Tasty Tuesday : Pumpkin CrazyMy Profile

• michele @ paleorunningmomma October 19, 2016, 8:20 am

WOW! It really looks amazing. Also your dress is perfect. I can only imagine the flood of emotions too!
    michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Easy Paleo Turkey Meatballs with Apples & Savory Herbs {Whole30}My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes October 19, 2016, 8:22 am

Looks like a great time! It doesn’t surprise me that people said it was the best with how much hard work and passion you poured into it. You look beautiful!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…4 Lateral Strength Exercises to Improve Your RunningMy Profile

• lauren October 19, 2016, 8:23 am

Looks amazing. Mazel Tov!

I haven’t run since Saturday either–but don’t have the same VALID reason as you! Just not feeling it! Can’t wait to see the AllSeated link.

Have a great day:)
    lauren recently posted…Friday Favorites–But on a Monday!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 19, 2016, 10:03 am

thank you! I will definitely share the AllSeated link but maybe I will get some more pictures up before that.

• Alycia October 19, 2016, 8:39 am

You look beautiful, I absolutely love the shoes!

Glad everything went so well. You definitely worked your a$$ off for the party!

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 19, 2016, 9:14 am

There is so much emotion and happiness on your face in these pictures. Your smile lights up a room. I love it.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Roasted Sweet Potato Kale SaladMy Profile

• Caroline October 19, 2016, 9:30 am

Wow! That looks like an awesome party! 12/13 year-olds are a hard crowd to please so I know you must have done an amazing job.
    I understand the whole not running thing. I felt that way yesterday. I wasn’t feeling bad or sick, but I just wanted a few hours to sit by myself, drink coffee, and blog so I did that instead of running. It all works out and evens out in the end!
    Caroline recently posted…Runfessions/Running RecapMy Profile

• Suzy October 19, 2016, 10:00 am

I love this so much! It’s so obvious to me that you and your son have such a huge loving connection. I am SO GLAD you had such a good time, and I can’t wait to see the pics from the photographer! YAYYYY!!!

New with me? Same old stuff. 🙂
    Suzy recently posted…CARES 10K Race RecapMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 19, 2016, 10:02 am

thank you 🙂 and thank you for that amazing quote last week and for listening to me the other day via fb 🙂

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 19, 2016, 10:06 am

Look at youuuuuu!!! You look so gorgeous and happy! 😀 I’m so glad that everything came together after all the work you put into it and that everyone had a great time. I can’t even imagine all the emotions, but I knew you’d pull it off with grace 🙂
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…15 easy and healthy vegetarian lunchesMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner October 19, 2016, 10:08 am

You looked GORGEOUS and that party looked amazing. Can’t wait to hear all about it!

• Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 19, 2016, 12:26 pm

That looks like SO much fun! I love your dress.

Totally get it when it comes to getting back to a routine. I still don’t know which way is up and we’ve been back from Italy for 6 days!
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Post-Vacation Eats [WIAW]My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 22, 2016, 6:21 am

thanks! and yeah, my world has been upside down. slowly things are getting back to normal! glad you had a great time in Italy by the way!

• Debra October 24, 2016, 5:32 am

Nice to see you! Looking at you full of vitality and very beautiful! We are not machines, we need relax. And you had a great weekend. Best wish for you – alway gorgeous and happy!!!!

• Emily October 26, 2016, 1:05 am

It looked like such an awesome night; the joy of the night shines through you Meredith. Hope you have an amazing time getting refreshed after such a fun full weekend. It’s so neat that it was everything you imagined it to be after months of planning!
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: How to SMASH those Fear FoodsMy Profile