thinking out loud 9.8.16

thinking out loud

Mercury in retrograde is real. I wish I never learned about it and especially wish I didn’t know that Mercury was spinning in the wrong direction right now.  Between my dishwasher not working and my blog issues that have been going on for days, I just sit here and say, okay what’s next to happen during the retrograde? Here’s a link that talks about what goes on during Mercury in retrograde.

The only thing that could make this retrograde worse would be PMS thrown into the mix. Luckily I got that out-of-the-way last week. I am in the middle of my four best days of the month, riding high on estrogen and low on bloat so don’t try to mess with my inner happiness.

Although even in this low bloat stage, I still have nothing to wear.

I know I say it often but this time, I mean it. I told my mother just yesterday that it’s not me, it’s the clothes. While it sounded as though she does think it’s me since I am known to say I have nothing to wear for the last twenty years, she did suggest that maybe it’s time for me to get some new things.

But where? What things? I don’t see any things that I like in the stores. The story of my life.

There’s an 18 pack variety box of single serve Pringles containers in my pantry.

My son told me that I am ruining his reputation at lunch because I always send him with the healthy snacks. I didn’t know what else to do but give in to the peer pressure and buy the dumb Pringles.

I do not want to be personally responsible for ruining the kid’s middle school reputation.

The last thing I need is for my son to end up in therapy one day and have the therapist call me in for an appointment to discuss the snacks I purchased when he was in middle school and how they have negatively altered his life.

I am already falling down the black hole of September 11.

I take the day seriously and deeply, not because it’s my mother’s birthday but because of what happened back in 2001. I have to stop watching the coverage that is already appearing on television to keep myself from reliving that day any more than I already do.

How is it 15 years ago now? How the heck did we all live through that? How is it 15 years ago that I was planning my wedding, about to be married weeks after September 11?

And how is it that I am now planning a Bar Mitzvah that is only FIVE WEEKS away?

A true lady doesn’t reveal her dress or the details of the affair in advance but I just have to show you a sneak peek of part of the floorplan in 3D.

I am obsessed with my AllSeated account. Sure, I work for AllSeated and no one told me I had to use AllSeated’s tools to plan my son’s Bar Mitzvah — but hello, how could I not?

The planning tools are free for everyone and the organization it offers for planning a party is like nothing I have ever seen.

Besides, I feel so super cool when I do these techy things. You know I hate technology but my AllSeated account makes me feel like I know what I am doing.

Since the RSVP’s are currently rolling in, I started seating my guests at tables and every so often, I click on 3D view so I can see the layout. How neat is this?!

AllSeated floorplan

If anyone is planning a wedding or other type of event, I definitely recommend using AllSeated for your guest list, floorplan, seating arrangements and so much more. I could go on and on but I won’t. If you ever have any questions about using AllSeated, please let me know – I am always happy to chat about it!

Time for me to get this day moving. I have been running a little later this week since school started but I still wake up hungry and ready to eat! Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today. 🙂

**********

Are you aware of Mercury in retrograde? How does it affect you?

Anyone else with nothing to wear?

What was your favorite type of chip or snack to bring to school?

Any mentions of AllSeated here on the blog are because I want to share my personal opinion of the tools and how they have helped me to plan my son’s Bar Mitzvah. I am not compensated for my opinion. The links to the AllSeated site are NOT affiliate links.

• michele @ paleorunningmomma September 8, 2016, 6:36 am

I love the “low bloat” stage because that’s me for about 4 days every month too. I’m already in mid month somehow and definitely noticing the difference! And Sept 11, I’m never sure how to handle it and I seriously can’t believe 15 years. Too much news coverage is never a good thing for me though.
    michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…My “Free Time”, Double Breakfasts & Hiding in My FreezerMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes September 8, 2016, 8:42 am

I don’t so much have nothing to wear as I go through phases of only wanting to wear a couple outfits. I should probably donate half my wardrobe because I wear the same things over and over again.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Why You Should Embrace Hard RunsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 8, 2016, 9:35 am

I am always cleaning out my closet but I definitely need to unload half of what’s there since I don’t wear any of it!

• Emily September 8, 2016, 9:37 am

All Seated looks really cool! I love that you can plot it all out before even going.

I agree about 9/11 too. It is definitely a day to be taken really seriously. Its effects on the country are still felt. I think it’s really important to think about it soberly. Have you ever heard the story of the Palombo 10? Their story is really touching; their father was a firefighter at 9/11.
    Emily recently posted…The Best Race Experience Ever: Bilbao Marathon (October 2014)My Profile

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine September 8, 2016, 11:07 am

I would have loved to use that kind of program for my seating chart when planning my wedding! I also feel like I have nothing to wear. I know I have plenty of work clothes but I am sick of them all and don’t really love any of the pants I own. I do ok with casual clothes because I don’t mind wearing the same things all the time. I think its time for some fall shopping..although Im not sure where I would go or what exactly I would be looking for.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…What Were They Thinking? Funny Search Terms That Brought People to my BlogMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 9, 2016, 5:51 am

I don’t know what I am looking for either I just know I don’t see it. and I would have loved to have allseated back when I was planning my wedding! would have made the seating charts so much easier and more fun to do

• Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 9, 2016, 12:16 am

Someone told me today that Mercury is in retrograde… I was like “THAT explains a lot!”
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Jicama & Tajin Chili Powder Salad [Recipe]My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets September 13, 2016, 8:04 am

My mom would never buy us Pringles. We did get the generic cookies with cream centers: pink, white and chocolate. We were those kids. And somehow we survived.

The 3D floor plan is super cool.

I’m going to ignore the whole mercury in retrograde business since it doesn’t sound good.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Skinny Dipping, Bracelets and High School Reunions (#48)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 13, 2016, 12:28 pm

I wish I could ignore the mercury in retrograde! I wish I never knew about it lol

• Aaru Garg July 7, 2017, 5:56 am

If you want to know about mercury Retrograde.
    or
    Know about Indian astrology
    then visit to Hindu Panchang.

rather then

I’m also confused what should I wear shorts or jeans in office party.

Thanks