Site Was Down & Dishwasher Is Broken (WIAW)

As you may have realized yesterday, my site was down ONCE AGAIN for SEVERAL HOURS.

My post for yesterday never went live and I spent most of the first day of school morning shouting in all capital letters to a Dreamhost Live Chat window.

I am still scheduled to switch hosts this week; you shouldn’t notice a difference and you shouldn’t have issues logging in while the switch takes place but if things get nutty and go down again, I do apologize. Just know that I am on top of things and will be shouting at the tech people plenty, in all cap ital. letters, to get things back to normal. 🙂

The plan for now is to share yesterday’s post on Friday (it involves cookies!) and chat about what I ate yesterday today. Sound good?

Breakfast:

Due to waking up and seeing that my was site down, breakfast is completely unpictured.

I had some of a banana with peanut butter straight from the jar as I typed in ALL CAPS, lashing out at Dreamhost both via live chat and support ticket emails. I was relentless.

My son got himself up and ready super early for the first day of school so while he was in the shower, I distracted myself from the Live Chat window with two Pure Barre Tone in 10 workouts.

Once my son left for the school bus stop, I headed out for my run which happened to have been the best run in maybe two months. I don’t know if it was cooler, cloudy, windy weather, my fired up mood, the fact that it was the first day back to school or the effects of last week’s cut back in mileage that made the difference but I will gladly take it!

I took a quick shower in order to return to dealing with my site.

I didn’t even shave my legs and sat with my laptop at the kitchen table in my pink bath towel in order to shout in ALL CAPS some more at the Live Chat window.

I had oatmeal with blueberries, Skoop and peanut butter while saying mean things in big letters.

This is also the point where I realized my laptop hadn’t been charging so I couldn’t leave to work from Panera which I guess was fine since I was still sitting the pink bath towel with a wet head.

Lunch:

I made a quick-lunch which I call my quick and easy plant-based stir fry. The $100 visa gift card giveaway associated with this recipe post is still going on so if you missed it, check it out here!

quick and easy plant based stir fry

Wondering about the paper plate? Well, my dishwasher decided to stop working right before my site decided to go down.

Yeah.

So I am currently trying not to use dishes at the moment as I wait for someone else to figure out what is wrong with my dishwasher as appliances and their functions are not my forte.

Dinner:

I threw together some sort of Italian vegetable dish which really means put all of your vegetables in the cast iron pan with spices, sauce and chick peas and serve it over leftover Success brown rice from lunch. There’s no formal picture of the dinner on a paper plate. Sorry.

dinner

Dessert:

I wanted to bake but didn’t get around to it so I quickly made peanut butter chocolate chip protein bites to have as a snack.

I’ve never formally shared the recipe for these protein bites but they are  similar to my peanut butter and banana protein bites just without the banana.

peanut butter chocolate chip protein bites

I do have quite a collection of fun paper plates.

I broke up some of the bites to eat with a sliced honey crisp apple plus extra dark chocolate chips because I am in a chocolate kind of mood. Aren’t I always in a chocolate mood?

apple with protein bites

Let’s pray that my site stays up with no further problems!

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today. 🙂

Which is worse – a broken dishwasher or broken washing machine?

Favorite post-run meal these days?

What’s on the workout agenda for today?

{ 18 comments… add one }
  • Trish September 7, 2016, 7:26 am

Great looking day of eats.

Washing machine hands down! I can hand wash dishes no problem, not so much with the laundry.

Have a great day.
    Trish recently posted…Toasted, Err, Roasted ItalianMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 7, 2016, 2:57 pm

yeah, hand washing all of the clothes is definitely a challenge and not something I want to do!

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood September 7, 2016, 7:56 am

Ugh to site problems. I gotta ask – who are you switching to? I’m with Bluehost and while my first year with them was fine, this year has been kind of the worst.
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday: Labor Day EatsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 7, 2016, 8:07 am

I really liked dreamhost for over 3 years until recently. I had zero complaints until now when my site is constantly down due to something on their end. I am switching to media temple. so far I appreciate the fact that they have a phone number I can always call as well as the live chat option. they came to me highly referred so maybe check them out

• michele @ paleorunningmomma September 7, 2016, 9:09 am

I think my vote is broken washing machine since there’s no way I can handle all our dirty clothes without it! Crossing my fingers for your site and the migration!
    michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Paleo Pumpkin French Toast BakeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 7, 2016, 9:23 am

now I am sort of on the fence about which is worse – clothing for sure is bad but I can take that to the laundry – where can I bring my dirty dishes that are sitting in the dishwasher right now? lol

• Emily September 7, 2016, 9:33 am

Hmm…. A broken washing machine is probably the hardest, but thankfully we haven’t had a broken washer yet. I know how hard it is to deal with the site issues; I’m so glad that they are resolved now, and I really hope that the switch to a new host goes well. 🙂 Those definitely always test my patience.

• melissa September 7, 2016, 9:49 am

Yikes, sorry about the site! Glad it’s working again.
    I think a broken washing machine is worse. I can semi-wash dishes by hand. But not my clothes! And now I have a 2 month old so we go few quite a bit of clothes on a day-to-day basis. I love those types of energy bites – great for snacks and desserts!
    My workout was a HOT and HUMID run this morning – I got in 4 miles before the little guy woke up.
    melissa recently posted…WIAW: Enchilada CasseroleMy Profile

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine September 7, 2016, 11:01 am

I would definitely think a broken washing machine would be worse. I don’t mind hand washing dishes as long as I keep on top of it and don’t let them pile up.
    I cant believe all the blog issues you are having! I hope that switching hosts helps!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Master Your Fueling and Hydration E-course Review and DiscountMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 7, 2016, 2:53 pm

so many issues this week, I hope it is all better now and that the transition to the other host makes a difference!

• Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 7, 2016, 11:04 am

I had to say a broken washing machine would be worse. Mostly because we don’t have a dishwasher so that wouldn’t phase me. When we moved in I thought it would be terrible, but you get used to it. The last places didn’t have a garbage disposal and that was WAY worse!
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Frozen Cauliflower Pizza, Granola Cookies, and More WIAWMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 7, 2016, 12:06 pm

I tried to check your site yesterday and saw that it was down, but I thought it was just the sketchy internet I have here 😆 I’m glad you’re getting it all sorted out and switching, though. Site issues are the worst. And I think I’d take a broken dishwasher over a broken washing machine. I never use my dishwasher anyways, and there’s no way I’d want to wash my clothes by hand.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…chewy trail mix protein granola barsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles September 7, 2016, 2:51 pm

hopefully it sorts itself out for good without interruption this week – yesterday was enough for me. I didn’t want to bother you about it while you are away!

• Liz @ I heart vegetables September 8, 2016, 7:27 am

Ugh site issues are the WORST! So frustrating and you feel so helpless! At least you had a good run and your meals look yummy!
    Liz @ I heart vegetables recently posted…Sweetest Stitch BoutiqueMy Profile