what does your favorite candy say about you (TOL)

thinking out loud

Let’s just get this out-of-the-way: I am annoyed at the Yankees for releasing Alex Rodriguez.

A-Rod.

I am heartbroken.

A-Rod has been my favorite player for years and this forcing him out, which they think is being done politely, is not polite at all. I am annoyed by the politics and details surrounding this situation enough to say that a part of me wants to consider liking the Mets instead.

I didn’t just say that.

My son comes home from camp this weekend!

My biggest question of course is what does he want to eat when he gets off the bus. It will be lunch time when he arrives so does he want to go to Chopt? Does he want to go to Bareburger with me since Bareburger is now one of my favorite places?

We will need to discuss their menu in full detail soon but for now I will let you see the crispy brussels sprouts from last night’s dinner.

crispy brussels sprouts

Surely my son doesn’t want me to cook him anything when he gets home. In fact, before he left for camp he mocked me real good by requesting that I make him chicken before he left just in case he hated the food at camp because then it would be fresh in his mind that he is missing nothing food-wise at home.

Isn’t he the sweetest?

Last week I complained about Instagram, this week it’s Bloglovin.

The only thing saving me from flipping about Bloglovin’s new layout is that it let me revert back to the old way of scrolling through my feed. I don’t like change, okay?

Speaking of Bloglovin, if I am not currently following you on there, please leave me a link to your feed. Sometimes I cannot find the blogs I want to follow AND sometimes the links to Bloglovin provided in the sidebars of blogs are not correct. Please help me follow you!

Do you want to hear about recent Bar Mitzvah planning happenings?

Neither do I, trust me. The details for this Bar Mitzvah are drowning me although yesterday was fun because I went for my makeup trial before meeting with the DJ/Entertainment. You know I love makeup. Click here for my most recent beauty favorites post.

Dior makeup trial

The only thing really worth saying this week in regards to Bar Mitzvah planning is that the cost of living in New York extends far beyond actually living.

The cost of sitting in New York is very expensive.

Did you know that renting the exact same chiavari chair here in New York will cost $5 more than it does in Florida? You can be sure that with each rental company that I call, I ask them very seriously if we sit differently in New York to warrant such a price difference.

They don’t laugh.

So please, if you are attending my son’s Bar Mitzvah, when the dancers try to motivate you out of your seat to join them on the dance floor, feel free to stay seated. Let them know you are trying to make the chair worth it’s price. Thanks.

What does your favorite candy say about you?

Did you see this link about what your go-to favorite candy says about your personality?

So I would probably pick the m&m’s from the favorite candy list and I guess the part about being a kid at heart makes sense but really I need a chocolate candy that says something like:

Your candy choice says that you hate most people and despise wearing pants. You are quite intelligent, have a low tolerance for society, can’t handle seeing toothpaste in a sink but are really nice, outgoing and funny although your humor stems from your honesty but hey, honesty is amusing sometimes. You like to run outdoors but don’t actually like the outdoors. You prefer hotels over camping, hate to walk barefoot, love to watch sports but do not like to play them. Lisa Frank stickers and Barbie Dolls for life.

Yeah, that sounds like me.

thinking out loud today! #ARod #DiorAddict #barmitzvah #mitzvahplanning #thinkingoutloud… Click To Tweet

Don’t forget to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

If you read the link, what does your favorite candy say about you? Is it right?

Makeup junkies: What are your favorite products lately?

Please leave me the link to your bloglovin feed so I can follow you!

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine August 11, 2016, 5:23 am

I have been wanting to complain about Bloglovin all week! I almost emailed you about it because I know we both hate stuff like that. How did you get it to look like normal again? I also feel like its been hiding blogs from me. I know you publish in the morning so I will just go directly to your website, and then later in the day your new post will pop up on bloglovin.
    I went with dark chocolate as my favorite candy and it says I probably like red wine! I’d say that’s pretty accurate:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Injury Recovery and NutritionMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 11, 2016, 5:42 am

ha that’s so funny how accurate it was for you! they say red wine and dark chocolate go together! I thought of you about the bloglovin too! lol we love to complain about nonsense. I clicked on blog feed on the right side under main. I swear it hides blogs for me too. just keep refreshing from the blog feed button on the right, it usually helps
      The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…what does your favorite candy say about you (TOL)My Profile

• Lesq August 11, 2016, 7:47 am

I knew I related to you!!! Your self description is awesome!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes August 11, 2016, 8:42 am

Dark chocolate is my candy of choice—like, really dark—and I do like an earthy red wine and a good cocktail (or at least, good liquor). I am snobby about my chocolate – the other girl gave us “dark” chocolate that wasn’t dark and had caramel in it, and it was just too sweet.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Life Lately: August 2016My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 11, 2016, 9:23 am

I have learned to really like dark chocolate over the last several years

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood August 11, 2016, 8:55 am

Your son’s commentary on your cooking, though. Dead.Also, I am generally not a bloglovin fan. It is always soooo slow on my computer, for whatever reason.
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…Do’s and Don’ts When You See Me at the Grocery StoreMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 11, 2016, 9:22 am

isn’t he funny? I can’t help but laugh at what he has to say when he insults me lol

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl August 11, 2016, 9:33 am

I love Bareburger – I live a block away from one in NYC and there’s one in CT in my parents’ town. It’s perfect because the build your own burger suits people like me who never want everything in a menu item, and the fries are all GF!
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Weekly Workouts and Updates 7/25-7/31My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 11, 2016, 1:06 pm

there are so many burger joints around here like bareburger but so far I like bareburger for sure the best!

• Emily August 11, 2016, 9:42 am

Hehe… I wonder what my favorite candy says about me? And sitting in NYC is expensive. I think I might stay in the seat to make it worth the money. 😀 I like Bloglovin sometimes, but I often just go to my favorite blogs by putting the url into the search engine.

If you want to follow my blog you can, but you don’t have to. 🙂

HAPPY Thursday Meredith!
    Emily recently posted…Sugary Cinnamon Raisin Overnight OatsMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner August 11, 2016, 10:13 am

I like Starburst the best out of that list and the description couldn’t be more spot on. Logical over emotional, like things a certain way, yep and yep. I just cracked up over what your son said about your cooking before he left for camp. I’m sure he’ll appreciate your food a lot more when he gets home though!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Running, Running, and more RunningMy Profile

• Suzy August 11, 2016, 10:55 am

You are HILARIOUS! I laughed so hard at what your son said to you about the chicken!!! Omg what a stinker!!! HA ha ha! And the description of candy sounds like me too, except without the pants part. What would I wear if I’m not wearing pants?
    Suzy recently posted…Nineteen Ninety SixMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 11, 2016, 1:05 pm

I hate pants. wear nothing! ha. I always think of you when he says something funny like that, you would adore his personality.

• Rachel August 11, 2016, 11:34 am

I feel bad for my parents — they had to host two bar mitzvahs and one bat (mine). I’m on the fence on whether we’re going to have the big party for our kids. Maybe we’ll just take them on a really cool family vaca instead!
    Rachel recently posted…All Things Kids and SummerMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 11, 2016, 1:04 pm

so you understand what I am going through! lol. Plenty of families opt for the vacation. I would have had my son not wanted a party so badly!

• Sara @ Oats & Rows August 11, 2016, 12:37 pm

I am soooo annoyed with the Bloglovin’ layout too! I want it to go back to the list format with smaller pictures. Ugh!

Here’s my link 🙂

Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…Body Shaming and 3 Tips to Not Let It Bring You DownMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 11, 2016, 1:03 pm

thanks for sharing your link with me! if you click in the right side of the bloglovin side bar under main for blog feed, you can get things back to normal

• Lauren August 11, 2016, 3:55 pm

OOH—your son comes home–how exciting!!! We had GRAND plans to go out when Brady got off the plane at 730. But 730 became 9 something and he was just exhausted with the the time change! Luckily I had made some of his favorites earlier in the day–he had some of that and passed out!

I was LOL’ing about the chair comment–that’s too funny!!! I don’t know how my sister in law and brother in law live in Chelsea with 3 kids in a tiny place…..Couldn’t do it!

I avoided the candy link–because just did a food allergy test and I am allergic to almost ALL food coloring which means NO candy—it may be one of the saddest things ever…thank goodness chocolate is ok—I am on the hunt for stuff that I can have:)
    Lauren recently posted…Friday Favorites–But on a Monday!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 12, 2016, 5:18 am

ugh, I think most people have a reaction in some way to those artificial colors- that stinks but so many foods are now made without them. I wonder if those new m&m like candies from trader joe’s would be safe for you instead of m&m’s – I think so?

• michele @ paleorunningmomma August 11, 2016, 8:35 pm

OMG are we the same person? That last description could totally be me. Especially the part about liking to run outside but not actually liking the outdoors. And everything else – hysterical!
    michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Drew’s New Channel and What I Won’t Do for My HealthMy Profile

• Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious August 12, 2016, 12:44 pm

Bloglovin has been driving me nuts. It doesn’t show the posts of everyone I follow. It only shows most popular ones even when I switch it from their feed to mine. I’ve complained to them so many times. It’s ridiculous!
    Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious recently posted…Quinoa Cookies {GF, Low Cal}My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 12, 2016, 12:49 pm

it’s nice to know that I am not the only one who sends them complaint emails! lol

• Jennifer @ Fit Nana August 12, 2016, 1:00 pm

I generally reach for dark chocolate which apparently means I have refined tastes and am not impulsive. My 2nd choice would be a PB Cup which means I like to play it safe. So, apparently I’m boring but I like to eat and drink nice things. haha #truestory

I thought it was just me with Bloglovin’. I mean, I took some time off and then reinvented myself so I figured it was just because of all that. I don’t get it. Ugh.
    Jennifer @ Fit Nana recently posted…FRIDAY FAVORITES #1My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets August 12, 2016, 3:38 pm

I was so glad when Spoons told me I could get the bloglovin format back to the standard layout. I was not a fan on the change either.

My favorite candy would say I’m sweet but sassy. I have a hard coated shell but I’m soft and delicious underneath. Also it would run around nude and eat bananas.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…GratitudeMy Profile