Life Lately in Food

I went through my phone and realized I have a ton of food pictures so today’s post will be recapping my life lately in food. The food is the important stuff anyway, right?!

I felt bad going to Chopt without my son while he is away at camp since it’s his favorite place but hey, I wanted a salad.

chopt salad

I may be looking forward to fall running weather but I will miss dining outdoors when the season for doing so ends.

We had dinner outside on the water at Villa D’Aqua the other night which I had no idea is considered a top outdoor dining spot on Long Island.

The food was great too which I guess everyone but me knew about in advance as the restaurant was packed.

I missed the pictures of our appetizer and salad but I caught the end of my pasta primavera. Pasta cooked perfectly al dente is delicious. I am not a huge pasta eater but then I randomly order it in restaurants and then wonder why I don’t eat it more often.

pasta primavera

When there are two kinds of chocolate cake on the menu, you order one of each to share (yes, sometimes I share). One slice was a chocolate mousse cake and the other slice was a chocolate fudge torte. I think we liked the torte the best but both slices of cake were very good.

chocolate cake

Wild Ginger is hit or miss with their sushi. This was more of a miss night than a hit night but still good if that makes sense. We also ordered salads and dumplings (the dumplings were part of the miss night).

sushi

I actually had two Red Mango parfaits for lunch in the last few days but only took a picture of one of them.

I always layer my parfait the exact same way:

1. berries on the bottom
  2. original yogurt in the middle
  3. berries, pumpkin flax granola and dark chocolate chips
  4. original yogurt
  5. pumpkin flax granola and dark chocolate chips on top

This particular Red Mango parfait actually had a drop of pomegranate yogurt on top for change, just for fun.

red mango parfait

After tackling a ton of Bar Mitzvah details yesterday (OMG the photo montage and the other things that required me to sort through 10,000 photos is basically complete), I went with my dad to pick up dinner from Mother Kelly’s.

Mother Kelly’s has been in business since 1969. They no longer have a sit down restaurant but their take-out business is insane. The same guys since I am a little girl are still the owners and still behind the counter.

Mother Kelly's

They gave us a slice of spinach pizza to share while waiting for our order.

spinach pizza

Not the best picture but I had the spaghetti squash primavera baked with mozzarella cheese on top.

I saw on the menu though that they now have butternut squash noodles which I must try next time!
spaghettie squash primavera

And now it’s Monday! Have a great week. 🙂

life lately in food! #recenteats #redmango #motherkellysli #outdoordining #chocolatecake #sushi… Click To Tweet

Best thing you ate over the weekend?

Favorite restaurant from when you were a kid?

What’s on the workout agenda for today?

• michele @paleorunningmomma August 8, 2016, 5:54 am

I haven’t done enough outdoor dining yet this summer and I feel like summer’s almost gone! Love the double chocolate cakes, yummy!
    michele @paleorunningmomma recently posted…Crispy Paleo Chicken Tenders {Whole30 & Nut Free}My Profile

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine August 8, 2016, 6:42 am

We finally got to eat outside on out deck for the first time last night and it was perfect weather for it. We grilled kabobs and they were so good! I hope we have at least another month of outdoor eating weather but who knows. Maybe we will have one of those nice falls where its warm through October!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Focus On The Things You Can ControlMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 8, 2016, 6:32 pm

it’s been warm here through October the last few years which in some ways I guess is good!

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables August 8, 2016, 7:48 am

I’m a dessert = chocolate person, so I would LOVE to share one of those desserts with you 😉 haha

It looks like you’re having a good summer!!

For my workout today, I’m going to attempt to go for a run! (I’m pretty rusty but trying to get back into it!)
    Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted…Birthday Weekend CelebrationsMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes August 8, 2016, 8:18 am

I love eating al fresco in summer! We eat on our porch several times a week. The best thing I ate this weekend was spaghetti made with ancient grains (quinoa, amaranth, sorghum) noodles, eggplant,and organic beef. We don’t eat pasta often but it tastes so good after backpacking!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…California International Marathon Training Week 1My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 8, 2016, 6:31 pm

remind me to buy an eggplant this week, I keep meaning to make eggplant parm.

• Sarah @pickyrunner August 8, 2016, 10:49 am

SO MUCH GOOD FOOD. Mostly that cake. And I’m such a pasta fiend. I will only share dessert if there is 1 for each person and I like both options so I can eat parts of both. Or I’ll just eat both by myself…
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Workouts 8/1-8/7My Profile

• Suzy August 8, 2016, 11:39 am

They gave you pizza while you waited for your order?! GOD BLESS AMERICA! I don’t envy the politics, but I could sure use a slice of pizza pie!
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 8, 2016, 6:30 pm

ha, you always make me laugh! the politics are certainly funny right now!

• Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 9, 2016, 1:11 am

YUM to all of this! If that sushi was a :miss” I really want to see a hit! And getting pizza while you wait?! You should have bought a lottery ticket. 😉
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…The One Where My Sister Moved InMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 9, 2016, 12:41 pm

You just gave me the biggest craving for some kind of partfait-ish thing, so I think I know what I’m going to be having for lunch today. And I’m not really ready for summer to be going anywhere either…. which is weird since I’m usually more than excited for fall to come around.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…grain free banana bread barsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles August 10, 2016, 5:44 am

I love fall weather but summer is a lot less structured for us over here in the morning so I am not ready for school mornings and the routine

• Arthi August 9, 2016, 12:54 pm

The spinach pizza looks so good!

Was in Cape Cod over the weekend and had the BEST ice cream at a place called Katie’s. Combo of cookie monster and cake batter and pb in a waffle cone. So perfect!
    Arthi recently posted…East Coast Adventure – Part 1.My Profile

• Casey the College Celiac August 14, 2016, 9:38 pm

That spaghetti squash primavera sounds insanely delicious!