Thinking Out Loud: On My….

thinking out loud

On My Nails:

I love the OPI nail polish color on my toes right now. It’s called ElePhantastic Pink. I don’t understand why the P is capital but once again I will say that I would love to have the job of conjuring up nail polish names for OPI or Essie.

On my fingers is a mix of Essie pink polishes. Do you mix your pinks? I have always liked selecting two different colors (one coat of each) because 1 – I don’t have to choose just one color 2 – I can create a new shade all by myself. Right now on my fingers is one coat of Sugar Daddy, one coat of Coming Together.

On My Night Stand:

night stand

• Picture of my bunny (that’s my son’s nickname and yes I still call him bunny even though he is 12).
  • Henri Bendel bow clip AKA the hair clip I wear every single day.
  • The mug of coffee I was drinking yesterday morning while walking around my room trying to get dressed but couldn’t, because as usual, I have nothing to wear.
  • My two dessert-inspired ceramic boxes. That is a slice of cake you see on the pink and blue box. It has cupcakes painted on the side. I have had it FOR YEARS and still love it just as much as when I received it as a gift way back in 1999. It used to sit next to my bed in my childhood bedroom. Crazy how time flies.

Please note that the remote control on my night stand takes place of a book. There’s not a book to be found on my night stand these days.

When was the last time I read a good novel? I used to be so good about reading at night before bed and at some point, that changed.

Lately I have been too busy watching several episodes of Bravo’s show, Odd Mom Out, before I go to sleep. Have you seen it? It’s hysterical…and accurate for mom life here for sure.

What’s so interesting actually is that the series star and creator, Jill Kargman, is an author whose novels I used to read. Maybe that’s my sign that I need to start reading again.

odd mom out article

I read this article about the show which made me laugh even more when she referenced a recent over the top Bar Mitzvah here because my best friend was the planner for that party!

On My Grocery List:

Lately I keep a running written grocery list in the kitchen as I think of the things I need to pick up the next time I am at the grocery store. I never remember to bring the list but still, I make one.

• Coffee K Cups
  • Eggs < – only two left in the carton!
  • Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
  • Avocado
  • Apples
  • Potatoes
  • Frozen Blueberries

Nothing overly exciting on my grocery list at the moment although I think I will grab a bag of these pseudo m&m’s next time I go to Trader Joe’s. I saw them the other day up at the register and shared the picture on Instagram. Have you tried them yet?

Trader Joe's chocolate drops

On My List To Do Today:

Run

Write

Remember to pick my son up from camp.

I can’t keep up with his sports camps and their schedules these last few weeks. He was alternating two different sports camps which have two different pick up times. He went to one sports camp earlier this week and then decided he really preferred the other sports camp so at the last-minute I switched him back to that one for the rest of this week so hopefully I remember where he is later and what time that camp ends when it’s time to get him.

Not that he would let me forget, he would just text me a bazillion times to see where I was which is the one benefit of kids having cell phones these days!

On My Mind:

On my mind is very different from on my list. The things on my mind will eventually make it to my must do list but for now, it’s all thoughts.

Yesterday was a big meeting for the Bar Mitzvah in terms of going over event layout and attempting to finalize decor. So much left to do yet so much is in place! I am trying to block it all out until after I finish packing for sleepaway camp this weekend.

Also on my mind are the school supplies displayed in Target. We are not ready for school! No! I am not ready to start buying the supplies yet! Please go away!

Although of course I checked them out and the little girl in me fell in love with these gemstone pens.

gemstone pens

On My Pantry Floor:

We aren’t going to discuss this but I feel the need to tell you that I SPILLED A BAD OF CHIA SEEDS LAST NIGHT.

We aren’t going to talk about what it’s like to clean up chia seeds. No. I can’t even talk about it.

Be sure to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

thinking out loud #oddmomout #momlife #barmitzvah #camp #thinkingoutloud #schoolsupplies Click To Tweet

What’s on your night stand right now?

Have you seen Odd Mom Out?

Have you ever spilled chia seeds in your kitchen? How did you clean them all?!

{ 31 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine July 14, 2016, 5:36 am

Oh I could only imagine how annoying it is to clean up chia seeds! I use them in my smoothies and I find them all over my kitchen somehow. On my nightstand is a clock, my kindle, and a picture. Rob keeps the remote on his side because he is in charge of the TV.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Foot Progress and Other Thoughts of the WeekMy Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe July 14, 2016, 5:49 am

Ugh, chia seeds are so annoying to clean up. I spilled some moisturizing oil yesterday, and that was really annoying to clean as well. I don’t have a night stand, but on my husband’s night stand is a dog lamp, alarm clock, and box of tissues.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Pre Blogfest Thoughts : My Mission, Fertility, Men in TightsMy Profile

• Andrea July 14, 2016, 6:42 am

Odd Mom Out is hysterical!! I love it!
    Andrea recently posted…Recent Eats!My Profile

• Michele @paleorunningmomma July 14, 2016, 8:00 am

In my house spilling a bag of chia seeds would be the final straw – I would give up. It’s non stop crumbs, cat hair, random objects, HAIR from my girls, it’s just gross. At least maybe if I had to clean up chia seeds all the other stuff would get cleaned up too!
    Michele @paleorunningmomma recently posted…Running Lately, Pressure, and Kid ObsessionsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2016, 8:06 am

I am finding it impossible to get all of the chia seeds! lol you made me laugh when you said you would give up. I can hear you saying it lol. I liken the chia seeds to cleaning pastina from a high chair. impossible!

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com July 14, 2016, 9:16 am

OMG I can’t imagine cleaning up chia seeds. I feel like I’d just bust out my vacuum or something. On my nightstand is a magazine, lotion, and my Kindle!

• Emily July 14, 2016, 9:25 am

Do you have a Shop Vac? That might clean up the chia seeds pretty well. Those spills with lots of little bits are um… fun. I hope the rest of the Bar Mitzvah planning goes really well!
    Emily recently posted…TOLT: Clothes, Grace, Wonder, and ExerciseMy Profile

• emily July 14, 2016, 9:50 am

Those TJ chocolate drops are divine!! Much better than M&Ms in my opinion. Try ’em and see what you think!

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl July 14, 2016, 10:01 am

I watched the first season of Odd Mom Out, what was funny(ish) was the fact that it was just extreme enough to be fake but also just real enough to be uncomfortably truth-telling…especially when you live on the far Upper East Side and when you’re running to the park all gross and sweaty you pass through the territory of the Glamazon-Moms!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Five Tips for Summer RunningMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2016, 1:08 pm

I really love the show. I find it so on target without being over the top even though it seems over the top we know it isn’t lol. The only part that I catch is when she says, “Mazel Tov” it sounds like “Mazel Tof” and I never understand why since she is jewish! Maybe there’s a reason she pronounces it weird.

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes July 14, 2016, 10:23 am

I’ve spilled small amounts of chia seeds – like a tablespoon or so – and they just linger no matter what. My nightstand has a couple of books, glasses, and a water bottle, and sometimes one of Charlie’s toys if he tries to bring one to bed.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…You Don’t Need to Hike to Enjoy the National ParksMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2016, 1:07 pm

be happy you haven’t spilled the whole bag! lol…btw – let me know later if you receive this comment. I am still having comment issues.

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood July 14, 2016, 10:29 am

Everytime I open my 2 lb bag of chia seeds, I am SO careful (I’m normally the world’s biggest klutz..) because my fear is dumping it, ha! I am not looking forward to when my boys ahve activities I need to keep stright.. ah!
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…What to do When the Scary World Gets to YouMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2016, 1:06 pm

it’s a lot to juggle for sure, especially if they both end up playing more than one sport!

• Sarah @pickyrunner July 14, 2016, 10:31 am

Right now my nightstand is the floor haha but in Baltimore, it was a photo album my mom made for me when I graduated from high school, my iPad (aka my book), a lamp, and my phone. I keep things pretty simple. I love TJ’s candy haha I always feel like I’m eating way healthier than I am….
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…TOL: Transitions, 140 Flights of Stairs, and Dessert FirstMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2016, 1:05 pm

I know what you mean about tj candy – we think it’s a healthy option! in some ways it certainly is.

• Amy July 14, 2016, 11:44 am

I once spilled an entire bag of sugar behind my refrigerator. I totally sympathize!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 14, 2016, 12:26 pm

I spilled a bag of chia seeds before! I busted out the vacuum to get them, but I’m -still- finding random chia seeds around the house… and it’s been over 6 months. And my nightstand is currently housing about 5 books, hand cream, chapstick, and a bottle of Gucci’s Guilty perfume. No idea why that last one’s there though.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…pokemon go, google feud, and a few q’s (ToL#191)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2016, 1:04 pm

I was always afraid they would one day spill! I couldn’t believe it though when it happened.

• Suzy July 14, 2016, 12:44 pm

This reminds me of the time that one of my huge Costco-sized coconut oil containers had tipped over and in the summer turned to liquid, seeped out of the container, soaked through our bathroom cupboards and into the ceiling below!!! OOPS. Oil products don’t exactly “clean up” very well.
    Suzy recently posted…Yogi HairMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 14, 2016, 1:04 pm

I almost think I remember you telling me about this or writing it once on your blog? That certainly sounds like a disaster I wouldn’t want to clean!

• Liz @ I heart vegetables July 14, 2016, 1:21 pm

Why have I never mixed my nail polishes?! I’m actually wearing the Essie Gel stuff that Amanda recommended! I love it! 2 days and no chips so far! (usually it takes me about 30 minutes to chip my polish haha)
    Liz @ I heart vegetables recently posted…What I Ate YesterdayMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles July 17, 2016, 7:02 pm

you must mix your colors! I always do it, adds a variety and you don’t have to choose just one! sugar daddy is a great pink to mix with the other pinks.

• Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday July 14, 2016, 3:07 pm

Not chia seeds, but my dad dropped -> broke -> spilled Pink Himalayan Sea Salt the other night. We have a central vacuum cleaner, but I’ve still found salt crystals everywhere. Blech. Good luck with that!
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #56My Profile