WIAW – Black Bean Pasta, Mets Game & Chipwiches

Oh hi! I think my site is working correctly now! My plug-in’s are back and Dreamhost thinks that they found the plug-in that was causing all of the problems. There’s still some other nonsense about my site spiking and taking up too much space on servers but I am going to pretend I didn’t hear that part for now because I had enough tech talk for one week.

Let’s take a look at what I ate yesterday!

Breakfast:

The usual cup of coffee with a small bowl of oatmeal and banana before my run. And water, a few glasses of water.

oatmeal

I ran 8 miles in the heavy humidity. It was overcast outside but super warm and humid. It definitely takes me a couple of miles to adjust to the humid air for sure.

My post-run breakfast is always my favorite meal of the day because everything tastes so much better after a run.

Don’t you agree? It’s like the taste buds are heightened or something.

I reheated the rest of the oatmeal with egg whites mixed in and it came out like a baked oatmeal. I also added Skoop B-Strong, cinnamon and lots of fresh strawberries.

post run oatmeal

I went over to Panera for a few hours after eating to get some work done. I filled my coffee cup with decaf coffee only because lately I can’t do more than one cup of caffeine a day.

panera coffee

I have a Panera gift card so when I became ravenous, I considered staying for lunch. That idea came and went real fast as soon as the workers told me that no, they cannot make the hummus power bowl for me since it is no longer on the menu.

At which point I just had to say – So that means you can no longer put tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach and hummus in a bowl? That no longer works?

Lunch:

I packed up my stuff and came home starving. I threw together a decent omelette with plum tomatoes and onion plus a side of roasted cauliflower. I added a lot more avocado than you see on the plate. This lunch hit the spot which made me happy. I was really hungry.

omelette with roasted cauliflower

But then I was really hungry a few hours later again. Like REALLY HUNGRY. We were going to the Mets game in the evening but I couldn’t wait to eat a meal there so I made something at home before we left.

Dinner:

I finally tried the black bean pasta that I bought recently at Trader Joe’s and I like it. I really like it!

I cooked the black bean pasta quickly and served it with roasted vegetables, tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese.

black bean pasta

I found the black bean pasta to have a fairly normal pasta texture and great flavor. I actually didn’t really notice a flavor. It tasted like pasta. The high fiber content did not bother my stomach in any way and kept me full. I was not really looking for anything else to eat for the rest of the night. I am definitely going to be eating this black bean pasta often, I just know it!

At the Mets game, I really wasn’t hungry but of course I needed to get something sweet anyway just because.

I thought about my usual sundae in a helmet but then I saw the chipwich with Mrs. Field’s cookies and I was sold.

chipwich

It was a fun night although I really need to keep pointing out that I am a Yankees fan, I just take my son to the Mets games because he is a Mets fan. I always have a good time anyway but still, the Yankees are my team.

mets game

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today!

WIAW - Black bean pasta, Mets game and chipwiches #wiaw #metsgame #chipwich #mets #panera Click To Tweet

Which baseball team is your team?

Have you tried black bean pasta? What do you think?

What do you usually order at Panera?

• Gretchen June 22, 2016, 6:44 am

Pirates all the way! They haven’t been doing so well lately (I think the last series we won was actually against the Mets..the first time we played them). I’ve been to the Mets stadium and I’ll have to take a trip back to see the Yankees! Can’t wait because I’ve always been a fan of theirs, even if I get some crap for it 🙂
    Gretchen recently posted…Peace, Love, Run 5k RecapMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes June 22, 2016, 8:30 am

We’re go a Mariners vs St. Louis Cardinals game with my family (who are big Cardinals family) this weekend so that’ll be interesting.
    Panera’s salads always win me over. I grew up going to the original Panera in St Louis so I also have a soft spot for their bagels.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…6 Hill Running Workouts for RunnersMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2016, 8:41 am

I remember trying the Panera bagels for the firsr time. the chocolate chip one was my first! I am excited you are going to the game! that will be so fun!

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood June 22, 2016, 8:34 am

That chipwich though! And that’s annoying about Panera. You know damn well they definitely COULD have, they just chose not to. I hate when places are like that. (Especially since Panera was my first job, so I have a soft spot as well as a deep hatred for it. Mixed feelings)
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday: New Old SnacksMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2016, 8:39 am

right? sometimes the nice girl there will make it for me but when they tell me no? Why not? ring it up as a salad, I don’t care what you charge me, just give it to me!

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma June 22, 2016, 8:34 am

Adam was actually front row at that game last night because his friend got him a ticket! He’s also a Yankees fan lol 🙂 I made my own paleo chipwiches yesterday coincidentally!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Strawberry Chocolate Recovery Smoothie with Vega® CleanMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2016, 8:39 am

how funny! a lot of people were there from what I saw on facebook! I love a good chipwich. I used to make them for my cookie business (not an easy thing to prepare in the summer and then deliver) and was just thinking last night that I must make them again because they are so good!

• Stephanie @ Wholesome Paradise June 22, 2016, 8:46 am

Haha, yes! Post-run meals always taste so much better. My baseball team is the Angels and definitely NOT the Yankees. I’m cool with the Mets though.
    Stephanie @ Wholesome Paradise recently posted…Whole30: Week 3 UpdateMy Profile

• Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday June 22, 2016, 9:33 am

Chipwiches bring me back to the most random childhood memories of Toys ‘R’ Us. They had freezers by the checkout aisles and I always, always wanted (and often got) a Chipwich to enjoy on the ride home. Such classic deliciousness 🙂 My Panera order in the summer is their Strawberry Poppyseed Chicken Salad… and I don’t go nearly as much when it’s not summer.
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…No-Cook Zucchini Noodles with Quick Italian DressingMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2016, 9:38 am

yes! I remember those freezers! I used to get a treat too! gosh I loved toys r us. I was all about the barbies section

• Liz @ I heart vegetables June 22, 2016, 10:01 am

That’s a bummer that panera wouldn’t do the power bowl anymore! That’s weird! They do have a new kale and quinoa salad that I love!
    Liz @ I heart vegetables recently posted…3 Tips for Healthier Summer MealsMy Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl June 22, 2016, 10:04 am

Yankees FTW 🙂

I like black bean pasta, there’s an Explore Asian kind from Costco that’s pretty good. It does keep you full and it’s a great GF sub.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2016, 11:32 am

just an fyi – I am arguing by email with bloglovin about why your posts don’t show up in my feed lol

• Emily June 22, 2016, 10:34 am

Yay for spontaneous desserts like ‘Chipwich.’ Those ice cream treats are always some of my favorites. How do you adjust to such humid air? Which is harder? Dry heat or humidity (without a lot of heat.)? And that’s sad that Panera doesn’t do the power bowl. I wonder why?
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: No Flat Abs HereMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 22, 2016, 11:06 am

I haven’t tried the black bean pasta yet, but I’ve been seeing it around and I’m super curious so it’s definitely on my list. And it’s so great to hear that your site is back to normal, because I know who frustrating it can be to deal with those issues. Also… baseball is foreign to me 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…WIAW… my thoughts on clean eatingMy Profile

• Suzy June 22, 2016, 11:10 am

I love how you’re so adamant about making it clear which team you like! That black bean pasta looks pretty. I need to buy some decaf coffee pods because I’m noticing too that I should just keep my coffee intake to once a day!
    Suzy recently posted…A Place Where Lilies GrowMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 22, 2016, 11:31 am

well, I don’t want it to be assumed that I am a mets fan! I am not 🙂

• Anne June 22, 2016, 11:41 am

Glad to hear that you like the black bean pasta. I have a bag of black bean spaghetti that I’ve been wondering what to do with, and when I google for recipes, I come up with all this weird Mexican-themed stuff, which always has a lot ingredients that I don’t have on hand. I’m glad to see you did something simple and that it’s not that different from regular pasta!

• Jordan June 22, 2016, 11:47 am

Great eats! I love your Minnie mouse mug and 100% agree that all food tastes better after a run 🙂 I don’t really watch sports, so I can’t say I have a team, but going to sports games with friends is always so much fun!

• Meah June 22, 2016, 12:15 pm

I’ve see that black bean pasta at my Trader Joe’s for a few months now, but was nervous to get it since I’d tried another brand’s black bean pasta and NOT liked the texture at all. But, maybe I’ll have to pick up a bag from Trader Joe’s to give black bean pasta another shot since you liked it. I totally can relate to post run meals being x173648 better! Runger makes anything and everything amazing ;).
    Meah recently posted…Fitness Friday #2 Learning to Rest and Focusing on YOUR NeedsMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner June 22, 2016, 1:45 pm

Hmmm so the black bean pasta actually tastes like normal pasta? I might have to try that (I can’t believe I’m saying I’m going to try something new haha). I used to hate breakfast and dinner was my favorite meal of the day, but now it’s a toss-up. I do love my bagel, but I also really love my grilled chicken salads. Dessert is probably my all-time favorite meal though 😉 I want one of those chipwiches!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Father’s Day WeekendMy Profile

• Kelly @ The Fit Skool June 22, 2016, 3:08 pm

I’m a fellow yankees fan too 🙂 and I’m not officially craving a Chipwich!!!! I have been all about the sweets lately and I’ll blame my pregnancy but anything with chocolate chips is my thing!

• Arman @ thebigmansworld June 22, 2016, 7:38 pm

Oh wow, TJ’s have that pasta now?! I think I tried it from Costco wayyy back. Glad to hear you enjoyed them.

Also, how rude of Panera. 😀
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy No Bake Monster Cookie Protein Granola BarsMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 23, 2016, 9:57 am

Chipwich’s for the win! The Hubby was doing some homemade chipwichs a couple weeks back and before I knew all the ice cream was gone. Sneaky little devil.

I’m glad your site is up and running smoothly again. Techie stuff when it comes to blogging is too much for me too.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Baby Baths, Bosses and Booze (#36)My Profile

• Arthi June 23, 2016, 12:36 pm

You can never go wrong with a Chipwich!

There’s a Panera right around the corner from my condo and now all I’m thinking about is their hazelnut blend coffee and a cinnamon crunch bagel. The bestttt!
    Arthi recently posted…Thursday Check-In.My Profile