Lunch With Lisa!

You guys left the sweetest most thoughtful comments on yesterday’s post! I am still working on responding but wanted to thank you for sharing how you started your blog as well as for the nice things you had to say about mine. 🙂

I am also still waiting for my plug-in’s to be reactivated over here. If you don’t have a blog, plug-in’s are all the little features that help me run this site, things I don’t even think about anymore but really miss at the moment – spell check, social media sharing buttons, SEO stuff, spam filtering (OMG the amount of spam in my inbox!), and I can’t view my site statistics. Or respond to comments in my typical way.

But I am here! And it’s Friday! And I saw Lisa yesterday!

Lisa and me

Lisa drove up to New York yesterday from Maryland for a wedding today so finally, we were able to meet! Our timing worked out perfectly because she was literally going in to be in my area at the exact time that I was free with enough time to meet her for a nice lunch at Bagel Basket. I was so happy to see her!

Chopped salads for lunch eaten while chatting about everything from growing up in New York to running and blogging and life and where I thought she should get her nails done real quick before heading to her hotel.

lunch at bagel basket

While I had never actually met Lisa in real life, of course it felt like I already knew her which is the one of the best things about having blog friends! In fact, before Lisa arrived at the bagel store, I ran into another friend of mine and told her I was meeting one of my friends for lunch, not realizing I should probably explain that it’s my blog friend who I don’t actually know yet but I already know so it’s not weird. But that wouldn’t have made much sense probably to anyone other than us blog reading and writing people.

Anyway.

I went food shopping last night with my son at Trader Joe’s which wasn’t exactly a good time since he makes fun of every product in the store yet loaded my cart with extras like Move Theater Popcorn, boxes of granola bars and tortillas for a recipe he claims he will make for himself.

I went there for Apple Cider Vinegar, I know I put the bottle in the cart, spent over seventy dollars and there’s no Apple Cider Vinegar in my pantry which means somehow, it never made it home. I don’t get it.

Did you see these new Shooting Star Cookies at Trader Joe’s? Sounds like a chocolate cookie covered in Pop Rocks candy?

Trader Joe's Shooting Stars Cookies

Recipes of Interest:

We really need to get back to planning our dinners over here. It’s been a lot of random what do you want for dinner, we can’t keep eating out but okay just for tonight which is getting out of hand. The next two weeks are a little hectic so I am not sure which nights we will be home for dinner but for the nights we are, I am aiming to try some new and easy recipes.

Here’s what I have been pinning lately:

30 Easy Vegan Dinner Recipes – So many good options.

Italian Style Chickpea Burgers – A quick recipe that sounds delicious.

Zucchini Parmesan Sandwiches – I keep thinking about this recipe to serve on my Ezekiel rolls!

Mushroom Quinoa Meatball Sandwich – Must try.

One Skillet Mexican Quinoa – Really sounds easy, different and something my son may even eat!

Summer Pesto Grilled Vegetables with PenneI just bought the black bean pasta for the first time, maybe I will use it in this recipe.

One Bowl Jumbo Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Vegan/Gluten Free) – Yum.

Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie – I love a giant cookie cake.

Have a great weekend!

3 things you are doing this weekend?

Have you tried black bean pasta yet? Is it good?

Did you like Pop Rocks as a kid? What was your favorite candy when you were younger?

{ 11 comments… add one }
  • Michele @ paleorunningmomma June 17, 2016, 6:00 am

Yay for lunch with Lisa! One of these days maybe we’ll all be able to get together. It’s definitely odd but cool to meet someone with the feeling of already knowing them better than you know most people 🙂

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes June 17, 2016, 8:19 am

So fun that you and Lisa got to meet! Your lunches look delicious also, bagel plus a salad is a perfect combo. Hopefully someday I can meet you both, even though I’m like 3000 miles away!
    I never understood pop rocks as a child. I’ve forever and always wanted chocolate candy.

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com June 17, 2016, 9:00 am

So fun that you saw Lisa! I’ve seen that black bean pasta and am intrigued but want someone else to try it first before I buy it! Pop rocks were cool, but I always reached for chocolate candy over anything fruity–M&M’s usually.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 17, 2016, 9:24 am

You just reminded me I need to take out a pizza dough for dinner. We ordered out last night too and I went grocery shopping hungry which is like the equivalent of going with your son. I bought cookies and chips and dip. No regrets.

One time I found an entire missing bag of groceries in the back seat of my car a week later. It explained the missing canned goods I swear I purchased but couldn’t find in the pantry. Basically double check the car. 🙂

• Shannon June 17, 2016, 9:26 am

How fun that you got to meet in “real” life!

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl June 17, 2016, 10:25 am

This weekend – going to one of my closest friends’ weddings at West Point, going to the reception in Westchester, and hitting the Cloisters en route back to Manhattan!

• Sarah @pickyrunner June 17, 2016, 11:16 am

I have the hardest time explaining the blog friend thing to people. It’s super awkward to those who aren’t familiar with the blog world, but it’s really not that weird at all! Or at least I don’t think so haha so glad you guys got to meet and hang out!

• Suzy June 17, 2016, 3:45 pm

Check underneath the seats in your car. I usually find things that rolled out of grocery bags under them!

• Kristy at Southern In Law June 17, 2016, 5:16 pm

Yay for blogger lunches! I agree with you – I always feel like I’m meeting up with an old friend anytime I meet a blogger friend – even if I’ve never seen them before!

I was totally the weird kid who didn’t like pop rocks, haha!

• Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 18, 2016, 12:22 am

I love meeting other bloggers! That’s awesome you go to meet Lisa.

Those cookies… that’s going to have to happen tomorrow.

I really like black bean pasta. Even Vegas tolerates it! It’s not the “real” deal, but it’s good.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine June 19, 2016, 5:34 am

So glad it worked out and we were able to meet! Hope all the blog stuff gets figured out soon. And I have definitely gotten home from grocery shopping and realized items were missing. One time the cashier set aside salmon to package it in a certain bag I guess and never added it, because we called the store to check and sure enough they had forgotten to bag it!