Friday Favorites

Let’s talk Friday Favorites today! After complaining about my food mood on Wednesday, I think it’s important for me (and for everyone) to remember to focus on the positives and the things we do like rather than dwell on the things we don’t like, don’t you agree?

Friday Favorites

Ralph’s Ices

It’s that time of year! I have always enjoyed Ralph’s Ices and since I have been in a funk about what I have been eating lately, I am treating myself to whatever I think will make me happy.

Ralph’s has a new creme ice flavor this year – chocolate graham marshmallow. I highly recommend it. I always get the snickers fudge (which was renamed peanut butter candy bar fudge but whatever) and then I choose an extra scoop of another flavor too just so I don’t have to pick one.

ralphs ices

Angel Perfume

Angel has been my favorite perfume since college. My son bought me a new bottle for Mother’s Day and it makes me so happy to smell it each morning.

angel perfume

Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate

I bought another Pound Plus Dark Chocolate bar from Trader Joe’s this week and it is definitely my favorite chocolate at the moment.

What I like most about the Dark Chocolate Pound Plus bar is that the chocolate chunks are big blocks. I cannot tolerate thin bars of chocolate. I need my chocolate to have a substantial bite to it otherwise I am really not satisfied.

Dark Chocolate Pound Plus Chocolate Bar From Trader Joe's

My Coloring Book

I am still busy coloring almost every night while I watch television. Call me pathetic but I kept coloring every page aside from a few of my favorite cake and cupcake patterns because I was SAVING them. Saving them for what? I don’t know, I guess a special occasion.

I’ve had this coloring book for a couple of months and finally chose to color my favorite pretty patterns during my birthday week.  It’s the little things in life. Yes, I know I sound ridiculous.

coloring book

Running

Running this time of year with the sun up as early as me is really the best. I remain grateful for each morning that I can get out there and just run.

running

Favorite Links:

Body & Weight Changes During and After a Training Cycle < – great post and really honest. We all go through this, it’s totally normal and important to hear from others.

Ode to Easy Runs < – Easy paced runs are really important and should be enjoyed. Not every run should be fast!

Mini Garlic Butter Skillet Pizzas < – I always forget to use my cast iron skillet to make pizza! Please remind me for next week.

Fire Works Sugar Cookie Cake < – Must make this since I am all about M&M’s right now, maybe for Father’s Day!

Friday Favorites Flashback:

Friday Favorites June 2015!  – It’s super fun for me to look back and see what I was loving EXACTLY one year ago!

And a Friday favorites recipe flashback just because my easy recipe for Cold S’mores is suddenly a popular search term and pin on pinterest.

My Cold S’Mores are no bake, so super easy and delicious, please make them! You can make a bunch of these Cold S’Mores and keep them in your freezer to have on hand whenever you need a sweet snack. All you need is graham crackers, marshmallows, whipped topping and some chocolate chips. Recipe here.

Cold Smores

Have a great weekend!

Lots of Friday Favorites today! #darkchocolate #angel #coloring #ralphsices #Friday #favorites… Click To Tweet

3 things you are planning to do this weekend?!

Favorite perfume?

Do you have Ralph’s Ices near you? Favorite flavor?

{ 18 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine June 10, 2016, 5:17 am

I also really love running during this time of year, especially the past few days with less humidity! I don’t think we have a Ralphs any where near here, but there are some other ice places. They have had them at some 5ks I have done and the cold ice tasted so good after a hot run! Have a great weekend!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Race Amnesia, Netflix Binge-Watching, and Other Workout StuffMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 11, 2016, 5:53 am

some kids have the ralphs ices truck come to their bar mitzvahs! I haven’t seen them at a race though but that would be awesome
      The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Friday FavoritesMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma June 10, 2016, 6:16 am

Ralph’s ices reminds me of high school! And those cold s’mores OMG, my kids would be mad at me if they found out they exist and I didn’t make them!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Bacon Frittata with Caramelized Onions & Goat Cheese {Low Carb & Primal}My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 11, 2016, 5:52 am

I think you should make them! they would love the cold s’mores — just get the gluten free graham crackers and the marshmallows and whipped topping from whole foods. they have a bunch of different healthy kinds (and probably gluten free too I just don’t know for sure)
      The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Friday FavoritesMy Profile

• Lesq June 10, 2016, 7:39 am

Ralph’s is beloved in my family. We do runs out to it from the city at my daughter’s request quite often. They all liked that new flavor!! Having a great weekend!!! Btw, my friend just made an affair for her daughter and I was thinking of you. She went through all of what you are and said to me the day after the wonderful celebratory weekend, ” now I wish I could relive it as a guest it was so awesome.” Funny, we stress over it and it all turns out great, as yours will!!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 11, 2016, 5:55 am

aw thank you! I know you understand what I am going through with the planning! I am glad your friend’s affair was a success! I was just saying with my friend/event planner that no matter how I try to make it work for a great price, these parties are a fortune… but worth it! I think lol
      The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Friday FavoritesMy Profile

• Gretchen June 10, 2016, 8:08 am

Let’s see..this weekend I’m running a race, cleaning up my yard (and inside my house too) and watching the Pens of course! Hope you have a great weekend!
    Gretchen recently posted…Top Five Friday #57My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes June 10, 2016, 8:32 am

Thanks for sharing my post! Burberry Brit has been my favorite perfume for ages, at least 5 years now. I also like an Elizabeth and James one and a Tory Burch one for variety.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…The Benefits of Mangos for RunnersMy Profile

• Suzy June 10, 2016, 9:42 am

I used to wear Mackie by Bob Mackie in high school and I have a bottle that I put on from time to time just for nostalgia.
    Suzy recently posted…259My Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl June 10, 2016, 10:04 am

Is crème ice anything like Italian ice? Looks delicious!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Five Recent Reads I’m Loving This FridayMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles June 10, 2016, 3:24 pm

the crème ices are like regular ices but different because they are more like the fun of ice cream flavors because of all the mix -in’s (best I can describe it) they absolutely must have a ralphs or ritas in the city for you to try it if you haven’t yet! you would love the choices!

• Susie @ SuzLyfe June 10, 2016, 10:07 am

Only thought going through my head right now is smmmoooorrrreeessssss
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Five Easy Summer Recipes You Need NowMy Profile

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com June 10, 2016, 10:16 am

I love the Marc Jacobs Dot perfume, it’s my new fave! This weekend I’m doing some easy running and hitting up a winery for a birthday party!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Friday Faves+What’s On My Running AgendaMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 10, 2016, 11:46 am

I need that colouring book! I want something fun to colour that doesn’t involve a lot of tiny details that my Secret Garden book has. Ugh. I thought I’d like the whole adult colouring book thing, but those little details bug the crap out of me. And I’m not sure I could pick a favourite perfume since it all depends on my mood. Right now I’m really going Gucci’s Guilty though.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…this post is all over the place (ToL#186)My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 10, 2016, 4:54 pm

I have yet to embrace the coloring trend but I’m full blown into the planner obsession so it’s kind of similar.

I will take anything icey, desserty and chocolatey.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…I Must ConfessMy Profile

• Arthi June 11, 2016, 10:17 am

Those Cold S’Mores look perfect. Just got back from a 10-miler and it was HOT out this morning.

3 things going on this weekend … Birthdays!:
    -Had a friend’s dog’s 1st birthday last night 🙂
    -Have a friend’s bday party tonight
    -Have another friend’s baby’s 1st birthday tomorrow!
    Arthi recently posted…Thank YOU.My Profile