Happiness, Pet Peeves & Fleet Week

thinking out loud

This photo defines my current happiness. Like if I had my own personal dictionary, the word happiness would include this photo right below my definition to further demonstrate what happiness means to me.

Happiness: A Red Mango parfait for lunch which can be enjoyed outdoors on a beautiful Spring day.

Red Mango parfait

Do people still use dictionaries? They don’t need to, right? Nowadays you can just google or ask Siri. Pathetic.

I was watching the Kardashians the other night (don’t judge me, okay? I love their shows) and Kim mentioned that she hasn’t been to a supermarket in over four years. As odd as that may sound, I am pretty sure that my mother has her beat because it has easily been 10 years, if not more, since my mother stepped foot in a grocery store.

My father has always done their grocery shopping but I am thinking that may need to change as his recent ShopRite experiences have been less than stellar. Between the woman who told him that he really shouldn’t be using a cell phone while pushing a shopping cart (I was the one on the phone with him so I had the privilege of listening to this interaction) and the cashier having THE NERVE to bag the bananas with the soap (yes, he needed to reprimand the cashier who was also THROWING his groceries into the bags), I am not quite sure how much more grocery shopping he can handle before being banned from the store.

Pet Peeve Of The Week: Pop Up Boxes

I understand that these pop up boxes are beneficial to some websites and blogs but gosh I cannot stand them, especially the pop up boxes that appear while I am reading and freeze before I can X myself out. I don’t even read what they say to me – I immediately look for the X as if it’s a race to find it before the whole thing freezes. Even worse lately are the pop up boxes that now give me a choice of closing the box or opting out of the box – I don’t want to make decisions about boxes. I just want to read what I came here to read.

Are you still with me? Great! I am not finished talking yet today.

My friend and I often experience things that make our lives resemble Sex And The City episodes. In fact, I once wrote a good post about how my life is a Sex And The City Episode.

The below text conversation took place early Sunday morning. My friend and I still aren’t really sure which part is funnier: what she was doing, how she notified me of what she was doing or my very matter of fact response which I texted to her while I was in the middle of Pure Barre ab work on the floor of my living room.

fleet week text

I was totally Charlotte Sunday morning, she was totally Samantha and as we recapped later on in the day, I sort of wished I had some chocolate cake to eat from the garbage so that I could channel a little bit of Miranda.

Happy Fleet Week!

Red Mango happiness, pet peeves and fleet week #thinkingoutloud #shoprite #redmango #KUWTK… Click To Tweet

Sex And The City – which character best describes you?

Who does the food shopping in your house?

Do you watch Kardashian as much as I do?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine May 26, 2016, 5:21 am

I think the whole food shopping experience can be really stressful. Its been nice getting our groceries delivered, and Ive just gone to Whole Foods or Fresh Market a couple times to get things we need in the middle of the week.
    I also hate those pop up boxes! I can never figure out how to close them fast enough!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…On Seeking BalanceMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 26, 2016, 5:22 am

ha – at least I am not alone then with the pop ups! I haven’t been to fresh market in forever now – I was just saying it the other day. there are just so many grocery stores right by me that it can be overwhelming to choose.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe May 26, 2016, 6:21 am

I don’t even qualify as a Sex and the City character–I wear too many workout clothes and not enough real clothes for that!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…The Best Part of Being MarriedMy Profile

• Morgan May 26, 2016, 7:03 am

Oh, I can’t even take popups. I have a very small one on my site that only blocks ads in the bottom corner, but none of the content, so I like to think that I’m not a horrible person. But my goodness, the giant ones that inevitably freeze my screen for 2 minutes drive me nuts.
    Morgan recently posted…Happy Second Birthday, Ryan Richard!My Profile

• Lesq May 26, 2016, 7:37 am

Lmao from this post. Thanks for starting my day with some wit That we can all relate too!!!

• Gretchen | Gretchruns May 26, 2016, 7:41 am

I can’t imagine going that long without going to a grocery store! I actually kind of love going..it’s a fun place! Maybe I need to get out more if my idea of a fun date night is going to a grocery store, but that’s another problem haha!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…WIAW : Work ConferenceMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma May 26, 2016, 8:11 am

My mom doesn’t grocery shop either! Frankly at this point my dad barely does either. They never have food in their house lol!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Thinking Out Loud from the AirplaneMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 26, 2016, 8:47 am

Ha! I’m the same way with popups – I don’t even wait to see what it’s about, I’m just looking to close it asap. And I love the ones that try to make you feel guilty about closing them with an opt out like “no, I don’t want to be healthy” 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…crazy powders, music feels, & an important question (ToL#184)My Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl May 26, 2016, 9:30 am

I do the food shopping between me and my parents (or my dad does at my parents’ house) and my boyfriend and I both LIKE to go, but I do it because his hours are later into the evening at work.

I actually used to do a Facebook box on my blog but shut it off because I realized just how annoyed I get by them. I’d rather have happy eager readers than more FB likes!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Touring the Met with Museum HackMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 26, 2016, 10:08 am

yeah, I used to have the corner pop ups which aren’t annoying like the big main pop up but lately, I am losing it from some of the pop ups I encounter!

• Suzy May 26, 2016, 10:01 am

I love you more and more every day. I haaaate the pop up boxes and sites that have those always make my MacBook work too hard and it ends up burning my lap.

I haven’t seen a single Sex and the City episode! Isn’t that tragic?! I haven’t watched the Karashians either. I don’t watch much TV. But I know I’d like both of those shows if you do!
    Suzy recently posted…A Day in the LifeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 26, 2016, 10:07 am

omg please sit down and try to watch all of the sex and the city episodes! please! you will love it, especially now, after all of these years of life — trust me!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes May 26, 2016, 10:13 am

I actually like going to the grocery store, as long as it’s not during peak shopping time. I used to watch Sex and the City all of the time when I was younger but I don’t think I fit with any of the characters. I can’t wear high heels, to start.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Would You Rather? Running SurveyMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 26, 2016, 10:48 am

omg my patience level is not high enough for peak grocery store shopping hours

• Caroline M May 26, 2016, 10:28 am

I not so secretly enjoy watching the Kardashians. They are so entertaining, mostly because I literally feel like we have nothing in common. I weirdly enjoy grocery shopping and going to the grocery store. My mom hates it so she’s excited when I’m home because I’m like I GOT THIS! Also I thought of you because Kate Spade is having a sale and they have the most adorable watermelon purse!
    Caroline M recently posted…Currently: May EditionMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 26, 2016, 10:47 am

aw, thanks for thinking of me! I love kate spade and her latest collection! I haven’t seen the watermelon yet though! how did I miss it?

• Sarah @pickyrunner May 26, 2016, 10:43 am

Hahah that text exchange. Hilarious. I hate pop ups of any kind even though I work in advertising. But I REALLY hate ones asking me to subscribe to things, and like you, I click the x immediately. I could rant for hours about all of my pet peeves haha
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…10 Things I’ll Miss About BaltimoreMy Profile

• Karen @ Fit in France May 26, 2016, 12:23 pm

I hate grocery shopping. Which is why I do 95% on line. It take me about 10 minutes. I do go to the farmer’s market but the supermarket ? I probably go now 4 or 5 times a year.
    Karen @ Fit in France recently posted…Thinking out loud : MayMy Profile

• Emily May 26, 2016, 2:21 pm

Hehe, I very rarely pick up a print dictionary, but they are fun to thumb through and find words you’ve never heard of before. And I love the grocery store, but I love it when it’s not ‘grocery rush hour.’ The grocery stores here in the UK have been so fun, because they’re a lot smaller, but they have all this fresh fish and meats that we don’t have in Colorado.
    Emily recently posted…TOLT: When a Homebody TravelsMy Profile

• Meah May 26, 2016, 3:10 pm

I can’t imagine not grocery shopping!!! My Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods trips are the highlights of my week (but, certainly not my wallet’s). I’ve still never seen Sex and the City! I’ve been wanting to but it’s not on Netflix which makes no sense since it’s so popular.
    Meah recently posted…Weekend Fun: Terra’s Kitchen Kickoff and Some Killer WorkoutsMy Profile

• Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat May 26, 2016, 5:00 pm

I’ve stopped following blogs that have a pop up each time you go to it. That annoyance is enough to lose me as a reader. And for retail sites it is a toss up. But ugh the worst.
    Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted…Running Recovery WeeksMy Profile

• Chloe May 30, 2016, 1:52 am

lol, definitely Sex and the City. Imagine if they could text back then!

I laughed so hard at the part about Miranda eating Chocolate cake out of the garbage. That is the one scene I always remember first when thinking back on Sex and the City HA!