Happiness, Pet Peeves & Fleet Week

thinking out loud

This photo defines my current happiness. Like if I had my own personal dictionary, the word happiness would include this photo right below my definition to further demonstrate what happiness means to me.

Happiness: A Red Mango parfait for lunch which can be enjoyed outdoors on a beautiful Spring day.

Red Mango parfait

Do people still use dictionaries? They don’t need to, right? Nowadays you can just google or ask Siri. Pathetic.

I was watching the Kardashians the other night (don’t judge me, okay? I love their shows) and Kim mentioned that she hasn’t been to a supermarket in over four years. As odd as that may sound, I am pretty sure that my mother has her beat because it has easily been 10 years, if not more, since my mother stepped foot in a grocery store.

My father has always done their grocery shopping but I am thinking that may need to change as his recent ShopRite experiences have been less than stellar. Between the woman who told him that he really shouldn’t be using a cell phone while pushing a shopping cart (I was the one on the phone with him so I had the privilege of listening to this interaction) and the cashier having THE NERVE to bag the bananas with the soap (yes, he needed to reprimand the cashier who was also THROWING his groceries into the bags), I am not quite sure how much more grocery shopping he can handle before being banned from the store.

Pet Peeve Of The Week: Pop Up Boxes

I understand that these pop up boxes are beneficial to some websites and blogs but gosh I cannot stand them, especially the pop up boxes that appear while I am reading and freeze before I can X myself out. I don’t even read what they say to me – I immediately look for the X as if it’s a race to find it before the whole thing freezes. Even worse lately are the pop up boxes that now give me a choice of closing the box or opting out of the box – I don’t want to make decisions about boxes. I just want to read what I came here to read.

Are you still with me? Great! I am not finished talking yet today.

My friend and I often experience things that make our lives resemble Sex And The City episodes. In fact, I once wrote a good post about how my life is a Sex And The City Episode.

The below text conversation took place early Sunday morning. My friend and I still aren’t really sure which part is funnier: what she was doing, how she notified me of what she was doing or my very matter of fact response which I texted to her while I was in the middle of Pure Barre ab work on the floor of my living room.

fleet week text

I was totally Charlotte Sunday morning, she was totally Samantha and as we recapped later on in the day, I sort of wished I had some chocolate cake to eat from the garbage so that I could channel a little bit of Miranda.

Happy Fleet Week!

Red Mango happiness, pet peeves and fleet week #thinkingoutloud #shoprite #redmango #KUWTK #fleetweek #SATC Click To Tweet

Sex And The City – which character best describes you?

Who does the food shopping in your house?

Do you watch Kardashian as much as I do?

Comments

1. says

I think the whole food shopping experience can be really stressful. Its been nice getting our groceries delivered, and Ive just gone to Whole Foods or Fresh Market a couple times to get things we need in the middle of the week.
    I also hate those pop up boxes! I can never figure out how to close them fast enough!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…On Seeking BalanceMy Profile

• says

ha – at least I am not alone then with the pop ups! I haven’t been to fresh market in forever now – I was just saying it the other day. there are just so many grocery stores right by me that it can be overwhelming to choose.

2. says

Oh, I can’t even take popups. I have a very small one on my site that only blocks ads in the bottom corner, but none of the content, so I like to think that I’m not a horrible person. But my goodness, the giant ones that inevitably freeze my screen for 2 minutes drive me nuts.
    Morgan recently posted…Happy Second Birthday, Ryan Richard!My Profile

3. says

I can’t imagine going that long without going to a grocery store! I actually kind of love going..it’s a fun place! Maybe I need to get out more if my idea of a fun date night is going to a grocery store, but that’s another problem haha!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…WIAW : Work ConferenceMy Profile

4. says

I do the food shopping between me and my parents (or my dad does at my parents’ house) and my boyfriend and I both LIKE to go, but I do it because his hours are later into the evening at work.

I actually used to do a Facebook box on my blog but shut it off because I realized just how annoyed I get by them. I’d rather have happy eager readers than more FB likes!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Touring the Met with Museum HackMy Profile

5. says

I love you more and more every day. I haaaate the pop up boxes and sites that have those always make my MacBook work too hard and it ends up burning my lap.

I haven’t seen a single Sex and the City episode! Isn’t that tragic?! I haven’t watched the Karashians either. I don’t watch much TV. But I know I’d like both of those shows if you do!
    Suzy recently posted…A Day in the LifeMy Profile

6. says

I not so secretly enjoy watching the Kardashians. They are so entertaining, mostly because I literally feel like we have nothing in common. I weirdly enjoy grocery shopping and going to the grocery store. My mom hates it so she’s excited when I’m home because I’m like I GOT THIS! Also I thought of you because Kate Spade is having a sale and they have the most adorable watermelon purse!
    Caroline M recently posted…Currently: May EditionMy Profile

7. says

Hehe, I very rarely pick up a print dictionary, but they are fun to thumb through and find words you’ve never heard of before. And I love the grocery store, but I love it when it’s not ‘grocery rush hour.’ The grocery stores here in the UK have been so fun, because they’re a lot smaller, but they have all this fresh fish and meats that we don’t have in Colorado.
    Emily recently posted…TOLT: When a Homebody TravelsMy Profile

8. Chloe says

lol, definitely Sex and the City. Imagine if they could text back then!

I laughed so hard at the part about Miranda eating Chocolate cake out of the garbage. That is the one scene I always remember first when thinking back on Sex and the City HA!