Thursday Things

ice cream candle

1. Have you seen the adorable new ice cream collection from Paper Source? My son knew that I liked it so he made sure I received a few of the ice cream things for Mother’s Day including this soy cream candle! It smells so good and really turns into a delicious body cream.
  2. He also made me a nice Mother’s Day card this year. He thanked me for everything I do AND for his future dog. What dog?! I am not getting a dog?!
  3. He should have thanked me for writing his book report for Hebrew School. Man, am I ever glad that’s done, like I don’t have enough to write every day? I got 100% on it!
  4. My biggest pet peeve in life right now is the role of plastic wrap. I have told you this before. I am plastic wrapped challenged. I did really well for a few months and then I messed things up, as in, the plastic is now all uneven which means it no longer tears off the roll.
  5. It really takes me some time to adjust to the Islanders season ending. I miss my team and can’t switch my attention over to the Yankees that quickly.
  6. I was all ready to take a Pure Barre platform class this Sunday morning but guess what – it’s already sold out. And the wait list is full too. This is not okay!
  7. I tried to better prioritize and manage my working time this week to be more productive and focused. I feel like I jump too much from task to task on my computer so I attempted to set time limits for working uninterrupted on the blog and then moving on to other things. No looking at my phone, no checking email during those set times. It worked really well!
  8. I thought who I was yesterday when I left the house in shorts only to look down in the daylight to see all of the spots on my legs that I clearly have missed shaving all winter. Back in the house I went for the leggings.

thinking out loud

Don’t forget to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

What’s your biggest pet peeve in life at the moment?

Do you like scented body creams? What’s your favorite scent?

If you have children, how often do you get suckered in to doing their projects?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine May 12, 2016, 5:10 am

I hate plastic wrap! I don’t really use it because it never stays where it is supposed to and its so hard to tear off evenly. We accidentally bought pre-cut parchment paper last week and it’s just slightly too small for the baking sheets. It’s always such an adjustment to get back into shaving my legs every day after a long winter of hiding them!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Summer Running ExcitementMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 12, 2016, 8:09 am

I hope I shaved my legs enough today lol. I can’t see what I miss in the shower but if the sun hits me just right outside, it’s like – omg how did I miss that!

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma May 12, 2016, 5:42 am

I need that candle! Also I’m really bad with plastic wrap to the point where I just don’t bother anymore. I also am not quite shorts ready yet lol 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…A Few Things You Need to KnowMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 12, 2016, 8:08 am

I really need to not bother with plastic wrap anymore either! I used it to cover my bowls of oatmeal that I make each week. I need a new method

• Gretchen | Gretchruns May 12, 2016, 8:01 am

Sorry about the Islanders 🙁 That means you can cheer for the Penguins now right?

That candle was made for you! Very thoughtful of your son!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Relationship Rules I Broke (and WEDDING PHOTOS!)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 12, 2016, 8:07 am

HA! I suppose I am rooting for the penguins just so they can beat tampa! Congrats on your wedding btw – you looked so beautiful in the photos!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes May 12, 2016, 8:25 am

I laughed out loud when I read about your son thanking you for a future dog! I can’t tolerate plastic wrap at all, so I never keep it in the house. Instead I stocked up on dozens of glass and BPA free containers so I never need plastic wrap – I’d rather do the dishes than deal with it.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Goat Lake Hiking, Cross-Training, and Running ShoesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 12, 2016, 8:44 am

I think I will do the same and start stocking up on containers or mason jars or something!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 12, 2016, 9:04 am

The shaving struggle is real! Omg. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve missed patches here and there. It makes me want to instal some sort of spotlight above my shower just so I can see better 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…unicorn snot, too close for comfort, and obsessions galore (ToL#182)My Profile

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com May 12, 2016, 9:38 am

Ugh, I feel you about the Islanders–I’m having a rough time with the Caps losing the series. I’m usually not big on scented body lotions/creams, but right now I’m loving St. Ives coconut and orchid lotion!

• Shannon May 12, 2016, 9:39 am

Ughhh shaving! I do that all the time, so I usually just wear pants to be safe
    Shannon recently posted…Teriyaki TofuMy Profile

• Ellie May 12, 2016, 9:47 am

My biggest pet peeve at the moment is my cat hiding under my bed. He knows he’s not allowed in my bedroom (because he’ll knock over my new computer) and so he darts in sometimes and goes right under the bed where I can’t get him. Annoying!
    I like scented candles, but not so much scented hand lotion etc. I’m a more natural person.
    Ellie recently posted…Training Talk [Running A Relay With A Team]My Profile

• Susie @ Suzlyfe May 12, 2016, 9:56 am

I hate when that happens with plastic wrap or foil SO ANNOYING. Also, shipping/packing tape. Impossible to fix.
    I never really suckered my mom into doing my projects, but I totally sucker Alex into doing stupid little things for me.
    Susie @ Suzlyfe recently posted…Living with Anxiety Disorder: Beyond Your ControlMy Profile

• Suzy May 12, 2016, 10:00 am

It’s been so sunny and hot here that we’ve been wearing shorts for a while now. In prep, I sprayed tanning lotion on my body and ended up covered in orange streaks for a few days, so I couldn’t even wear shorts anyway. I do stupid stuff like that all the time.
    Suzy recently posted…Edge to EdgeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 12, 2016, 2:13 pm

ha! you always crack me up. It’s finally getting a little warm here. I think. I mean, it will be nice today and then who knows what tomorrow.

• Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday May 12, 2016, 10:26 am

I hate plastic wrap and basically avoid it at all costs. And my parents always hated involved school projects (mostly artsy things) because my creativity would go a little crazy. I’d plan these big things that required parental involvement and never went quite as smoothly as I expected. My entire family got stressed out by a stuffed Frankenstein’s monster, a clay Romeo & Juliet mask, and a volcano. Oops. Parents are honestly the best, though.
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #51My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 12, 2016, 2:12 pm

ha! the good old days, right? I used to love a good art project as a kid but as a parent? Ugh, not as much when they are challenging and messy!

• Emily May 12, 2016, 10:46 am

Ooh, that icecream does look cute. 🙂 I do like scented body creams, not really strong scents, but I love vanilla, sweet peas scents.
    Emily recently posted…Best Nut Butters (II) & A GiveawayMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner May 12, 2016, 12:23 pm

I am the WORST with plastic wrap. I hate it hate it hate it. I always try to remember to shave before my PT appointments but I’m not very good at that either haha we need to catch up today!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…TOL: Going Home and All the RunningMy Profile

• Fiona May 12, 2016, 2:28 pm

I LOVE scented body creams and some of them smell so great, I could stick my head right into them (have come close a few times!) I try loads of them but tend to drift back to the classics like vanilla or cocoa. Pet peeve at the mo is driver aggression/competitiveness on the road… is there any need?
    Fiona recently posted…Foot FaultMy Profile

• Lauren May 12, 2016, 4:32 pm

I also can’t deal with plastic wrap–BUT have you tried GLAD’s press and seal? It’s a game changer and seals things tight and isn’t a struggle! Definitely give it a try.

Cracked up at the Sunday School thing–this Sunday is our last day of Sunday school and my kids MIGHT be more excited for it to end than they are for their birthdays….LOL..it’s a constant struggle..but I remind them that I also didn’t enjoy going when I was a kid!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 13, 2016, 5:49 am

ive seen the press and seal but haven’t bought it – I will now! thanks