Friday Favorites May 2016

I haven’t done a Friday Favorites post in a forever! I have a bunch of things I am loving this week so let’s get to it!

Friday Favorites

Hair Care:

I restocked my favorite Kerastase products! I had let my bottles run out and really waited way too long before replacing them. While Kerastase products are not exactly cheap, they totally make a beautiful, visible difference in how my hair looks on a regular basis. I only wash my hair twice (maybe three times) a week (although maybe more in the summer) and I do rotate my shampoos so these bottles will last me a really long time.

hair care favorites

Bain Chroma Riche Shampoo < – This is a shampoo for highlighted or color treated hair. It really preserves the texture and color, extending the time between your salon appointments.

Fondant Chroma Captive Conditioner < – The matching conditioner, makes hair soft and smoothe.

Cristalliste Masque Cristal < – Only need to use it once a week, makes hair shiny and soft, just like you just had it blown out at the salon.

Seaberry Serum < – This isn’t from Kerastase but I love it! Not only does it smell nice, it does a few things like protect the hair from the heat of the blow dryer as well as protect it from the sun while limiting fly away/frizzy hairs. You can use it on wet or dry hair.

Songs added to my playlist:

I added these two songs at the very last-minute Sunday morning before my race and now I have them on repeat every morning during my workouts. Anyone else loving the new Don’t Let Me Down song?

playlist

These two songs will forever remind me of Sunday’s half marathon, most specifically mile 9 when they both came on while I was running the portion of the Wantagh Parkway that I hate.

New Clothes:

I am absolutely that girl who never has anything to wear even though I have a closet overflowing with clothes. I will rotate the same few outfits for as long as I can until I am sick of those too and then REALLY have nothing to wear. It’s a wonder I ever leave the house.

I went to lululemon the other day and got the daily practice jacket in black on sale. I love it so much that I am considering another color. I also popped into Forever 21 for more leggings – can’t beat the $3.80 per pair price! They actually wash well and hold up for longer than you could imagine.

My other favorite store lately is Ruby and Jenna – I grabbed a new pair of high waist jean shorts, gray sweat shorts and a nice white tee.

Mother’s Day:

Seriously, Mother’s Day has become my favorite day of the year. It all has to do with the breakfast tradition my son and I started way back in 2010. Considering he is only 12 years old, our early morning Mother’s Day breakfast tradition has now taken place for half of his life!

Maureen's Kitchen Pancakes

We look forward to our Mother’s Day breakfast all year-long, talking about where we will go, what time we will get up to get there and what we will order. So far, we think we are headed to the Premiere Diner. Will I have the whole wheat blueberry walnut pancakes or baked oatmeal?! I don’t know yet! Big decision.

One of my favorite parts about having this blog is that I can look back on so many wonderful times in my life, including our Mother’s Day breakfast tradition!

Mother’s Day 2015

Mother’s Day 2014

Mother’s Day 2013

Favorite Recipes Links:

I got back into cooking a little bit more these last few days after not really making dinner basically at all last week. I haven’t figured out our dinners just yet for next week but I did see a few yummy-looking recipes worth sharing today.

Mexican Barbecue Veggie Bowls

Vegetarian Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry

Vegetable Lo Mein

Paleo Sweet Potato Brownies

Salted Chocolate Avocado Pudding Bowls

Easy Peanut Butter Cup Tart

Previous Friday Favorites:

Friday Favorites (September 2015)

Friday Favorites (August 2015)

Friday Favorites (July 2015)

Friday Favorites (June 2015)

And from a few weeks ago, my Springtime Favorites 🙂

Friday Favorites! #mothersday #favorites #lululemon #kerastase #beauty Click To Tweet

Favorite shampoo/hair care products?

3 things you are doing this weekend?

{ 17 comments… add one }
  • Michele @ paleorunningmomma May 6, 2016, 6:56 am

My kids love the don’t let me down song, I discovered last night that I like it only if they’re not in the car 🙂 And I love that Mother’s Day breakfast tradition, happy Mother’s Day!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Paleo Key Lime Pie with Coconut Pecan CrustMy Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes May 6, 2016, 8:28 am

I love the smell of Aveda products! They smell so fresh and invigorating. I need a new haircut/style badly right now. Breakfast out is such a fun tradition, happy Mother’s Day! Those pancakes look worth getting again. 🙂
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Pilates Style Core WorkoutMy Profile

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine May 6, 2016, 9:11 am

I have been using tresemme products for my hair and its a 10 leave in conditioner. I never really try anything new! Hope you have a great weekend and a happy mothers day!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Monthly Check-In: April 2016My Profile

• Shannon May 6, 2016, 9:46 am

I wish my mom wanted to get up and early and go to breakfast. She likes to sleep in on the weekends though haha! Have an awesome time!
    Shannon recently posted…Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini MuffinsMy Profile

• Suzy May 6, 2016, 10:11 am

Awe, I love your Mother’s Day tradition! That’s so special. Enjoy your day! We’re enjoying a weekend with just Andrew, me and Callum. It’s the first weekend in a while where the bigger kids are at their other parent’s house. It’s going to be quiet(er). A nice little break to recover and regroup.
    Suzy recently posted…Ahead SetMy Profile

• Beverley @ Born to Sweat May 6, 2016, 10:39 am

YES i love that Chainsmokers song. Recently i’ve been hearing their songs and being like ‘WHAT SONG IS THIS?!’ not realizing that each time it was them. well played Chainsmokers. Well played.
    Beverley @ Born to Sweat recently posted…Mexican Shrimp Quinoa BowlMy Profile

• Caroline M May 6, 2016, 10:39 am

You and your son’s tradition is the best 🙂 So cute! I’m celebrating Mother’s Day next weekend because I’m still away and my mom wants all her kiddos around. Also you make me want to get some real hair products. I tend to get overwhelmed at the thought of buying them. Last time I literally sent my friend to the drugstore and asked her to pick up shampoo that looked good…
    Caroline M recently posted…Let’s Stop the Bragplaining…My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles May 6, 2016, 12:13 pm

there really is a difference in the quality of the hair products- I try to rotate the “good” stuff with the “okay” drug store stuff — it works really well!

• Arthi May 6, 2016, 11:04 am

Pancakes with mom is always the best 🙂

Three things I’m doing this weekend: Saturday long run – 13 miles on the agenda, friend’s birthday dinner, and sunday night’s mom’s day bash that I’m throwing for my mom and all her friends! Busy weekend but lots of fun stuff in the works!
    Arthi recently posted…Sleepless in Chicago.My Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner May 6, 2016, 11:19 am

Don’t let me down is my favorite song. That and a few others. I should share my playlist one of these days… love lululemon. I never thought I’d become addicted to it but their clothes are just the best.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Thinking Out LoudMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 6, 2016, 4:02 pm

I love that you and your son have that kind of tradition going on! I wish I had started something like that with my mom, but at least I can always take her out to brunch anyways 😆 That’s what I’ve got going on this weekend. Just lots of work and time with the fam.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…biking madness, face swap fails, and food talk (ToL#181)My Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl May 6, 2016, 4:32 pm

Such a sweet tradition for you two! Breakfast food choices are indeed critical 🙂
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Taking a VacationMy Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets May 8, 2016, 7:29 am

It seems so surreal to me I will be the recipient of a Mother’s Day Brunch. Typically, I’m the one throwing brunch for all the mothers in our lives. So. Weird.

Anything Jay Z makes me musically happy. I’ll have to see what Ave thinks of him. She loves music.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: #29My Profile