TOL- Unplugged, Runner’s Feet & My New Favorite Coloring Book

Oh boy am I tired this morning. And yes, this tired statement of mine really deserves an exclamation point but tacking it on to an already tired complaint just makes me feel like I would be feeding the tired feeling even more.

It was a beautiful night for hockey but gosh, these late games and the commute (which no, I am still not accepting) are tiresome.

IMG_6768

The Islanders lost. Hopefully they win tomorrow and hopefully I don’t decide we need to trek back to an 8:00 pm weeknight game again unless it’s the Stanley Cup finals or the team moves back to Long Island where they belong 🙂

Thinking-Out-Loud

Last week I turned off all sounds and vibrations for email notifications on my phone. During the day, I am on top of my inbox so I don’t need the notification noise — but at night? On the weekend? Not necessary. It’s the greatest thing actually; without those sounds and vibrations, I have completely forgotten about my email during the times I do not need to be checking it!

I went for a pedicure the other day and my manicurist told me that for all of the running I do, my feet do not seem like runner’s feet (!!). She said other people come in with dry, hard feet and lots of calluses — not me.

You know she made my day.

I smiled and replied with how I take care of my feet:

1. Regular pedicures
  2. Well-fitting running shoes and good socks
  3. Never walk barefoot unless on carpeting
  4. If my feet feel dry or I see a callous forming, I slather coconut oil before bed and sleep with socks on

I finally found an “adult” coloring book that fits my needs.

I usually prefer the Lisa Frank or Hello Kitty child coloring books because I like happy patterns and cupcakes rather than adult spirals and designs.

But look! Crayola heard my cries and created perfect “adult” coloring pages!

Crayola coloring book

And now I am also the proud owner of 48 fancy colored pencils. Between not checking my email and coloring during my downtime, I really feel unplugged and back to my childhood and 1980’s roots.

colored pencils

What I need to unplug from and NOT be checking is the long-range weather forecast. Checking the weather for the half marathon which is in ten days is not smart at this point. It’s too far away but I keep doing it anyway. I don’t want heat but I really don’t want rain so if I have to choose, give me the sunny heat. I think.

Two links I read on Facebook this week:

Long Island Dictionary: 14 Words You Need To Know I thought everyone knew what grandma pizza was?

20 Words All Jewish Kids Grew Up Hearing For the longest time, I had no idea these were Yiddish words. I just thought they were regular, everyday English language.

Don’t forget to check out what everyone else is thinking about today 🙂

Are you a morning person or night owl?

Do you like to color? Colored pencils, crayons or markers?

What’s for breakfast this morning?

Comments

1. says

Early riser, but not necessarily a morning person, if that makes sense–I am up, but I don’t want to talk to you! My feet aren’t too bad. More that the skin is dry and the nails are short and there are some calluses, but not too bad overall.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…#Goals and #LifeGoalsMy Profile

2. says

I was -dead- tired last night. Lately I’ve been trying to force myself to stay up a little later than normal so I don’t wake up at 430 am, but I couldn’t manage it yesterday. That being said, I’ve kind of become a morning person and night owl, where I love the beginning and end of the day and not much in between 😆 Also… you know I want that colouring book!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…obsessions, exercise lately, and the BEST cereal add-in (ToL#179)My Profile

3. says

That coloring book looks like the perfect coloring book. 🙂 I love adult coloring books. It’s such a relaxing activity. That lady who did your nails sounds like a real kind lady! 🙂 It’s neat that she noticed how you take such good care of your feet.
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: Why I Can’t Do Diets Any MoreMy Profile

4. says

I have that coloring book. I haven’t used it nearly enough since I bought it, but I should do more coloring. It’s so therapeutic. Turning off sounds and notifications is a godsend. Seriously the best. I turned off my email, instagram, Facebook, and twitter notifications. I check them regularly enough that I don’t need the little red number in the corner. Unplugging is necessary sometimes and this is the first step towards it!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Can Competitive Mindsets Harm the Healing Process?My Profile

5. says

Whenever I hear about adult colouring books I picture naked people doing naughty things. Now THAT would be an adult colouring book. Hehehe… okay, keeping it clean, keeping it clean. Breakfast is two chocolate chip cookies and a coffee with cream.
    Suzy recently posted…Freedumb RunMy Profile

6. says

I have colored pencil envy! I bought cheap colored pencils due to my tendency to get excited about things and then slowly forget about them…but I feel like I use them enough these days that I can probably justify a little splurge 🙂
    Martha recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #1My Profile

7. says

I am definitely a morning person. I don’t think I could handle any night games these days, especially with a commute home! I have also turned off all my phone notifications and its so much better because I check them when I need to anyway. I loved the Long Island dictionary!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Sole of the City 10k Race RecapMy Profile

8. Amanda says

DEFINITELY a morning person!

I have several “adult” coloring books and I 100% agree – the swirling patters don’t do it for me. I like the fun objects and yummy treats ones.

Trackbacks