Spring Time Favorites

Oh, Hi. It’s me. Just sitting over here in New York finally enjoying some Spring time weather! It feels like the weather had been cold, rainy and dreary for weeks on end so to really feel the start of Spring over the weekend, reminded me why I love this time of year so much.

While Fall is probably my favorite season, I do love Spring for the happy sunshine and warmer weather, Mother’s Day, my birthday, approaching beach season and….

Flip Flops & Sandals

I love flip flops and sandals weather! If I could get away with wearing them year round I would. The Nike Comfort Thongs with the extra cushioning have become a favorite of mine over the last few years. I am now on my third pair which I recently purchased (on sale!).

nike comfort thong

They are so comfy and perfect for casually wearing, especially in the hours after you run! They are much easier on the feet because of the cushioning. I don’t know about you but walking around in stiff flip flops, especially after running a bunch of miles, is not fun.

I am equally excited to start wearing these pretty Kate Spade flip flops too. I bought them at the end of last summer (on sale!) so they still feel really new to me. They are actually really comfortable!

kate spade sandals

Essie Nail Polish Spring Collection

I love when the new Essie colors come out for the season.

essie

I am one of those girls who takes serious time selecting her nail polish color because the name of the polish may make or break my week.

Dior Lip Glow

I love makeup, as you know. Spring colors are always so pretty and fresh! While I wear this Dior Lip Glow year round, it’s really the perfect option for spring and summer because it’s not a heavy color. It’s a lip balm with SPF and a hint of color unique to each person as it reacts to the pigment in your lip.

dior lip glow

Lip Glow comes in three shades – a pink, a coral and now a lilac. Check them out here. The lilac Lip Glow is not appearing on the Dior Website so check in a department store or Sephora to find it!

Of Possible Interest: Skincare Favorites  – including sunscreen

lululemon Spring Colors

I don’t really need a new run swiftly short sleeve shirt but the colors make me so happy when I see them in the stores.

lululemon run swiftly

I wear the Run Swiftly short sleeve year round — on the treadmill in the winter and as a perfect layering option — so I would say they are a good investment. If you watch the We Made Too Much section of luluemon’s website, at some point you will find these colors!

Little League Baseball Season

I don’t know Spring without sitting at field 1 or field 4 for my son’s Little League Baseball season. My son has been playing for the same league since he was six years old and it almost happened that this year, he wasn’t going to play for them.

A part of me was really sad, it was like a chapter of his childhood would have been ending and I was not ready for that!

Thankfully, at the last-minute, he made the decision to return which made me happy.

little league

My view from Saturday’s game.

While I have certainly sat in the bleachers over the years complaining about the cold nights, windy games and yes, boring innings which featured broken pitching machines during the early seasons before the kids were old enough to pitch, I am embracing every second now because it is all going by too fast.

Hockey Playoffs

When the Islanders make the playoffs, Spring becomes exciting! I dream of the day when the Islanders play a game on my birthday (in June) because that would mean they are in the Stanley Cup Finals. It hasn’t happened since the early 80’s but we are hopeful fans who celebrated a game 1 win from Thursday night with pancakes for breakfast on Friday.

ihop pancakes

My son is a lucky boy — he talked me into going to IHOP on Friday before school (he went to school late again because of the New York State tests I told you about that we opt out of taking).

This week is back to regular scheduling though and boy is it a packed week of stuff. Work events, Little League games, the start of Passover and Wednesday night’s Islanders playoff game in Brooklyn! I swore I wouldn’t go to a playoff game in Brooklyn yet look at that — I ordered the tickets. Although I am excited, I am trying not to think about the late 8:00 pm start or about the possibility of overtime periods and I am really hoping for direct trains without the change in Jamaica.

But hey, it’s going to be 80 degrees today! Yay for Spring 🙂

Good luck to Michele and all of the runners today running in Boston!

Spring Favorites! #Dior #Nike #Spring #NHLplayoffs #Islanders #lululemon #IHOP Click To Tweet

Which season is your favorite?

What color is currently on your nails?

3 things you are looking forward to this Spring?

{ 26 comments… add one }
  • Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine April 18, 2016, 5:29 am

The spring weather lately has been amazing! I hope it sticks around for awhile! I have those same Nike flip flops but mine I bought in like 2008 and still have the same pair. I don’t wear them too often so they are still in good shape. Right now I have ballet slippers on my nails- it’s been a go-to for me for years when I don’t want to commit to a darker color!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…A Crazy Week and First Race of the YearMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma April 18, 2016, 6:26 am

Can’t wait to really enjoy spring weather this coming week finally! Love those lulu colors so I might have to finally splurge on one. Also love that lip color.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Last Week of Training and Boston Weekend Pictures!My Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe April 18, 2016, 6:45 am

I juuuust took the color off my nails to let them breathe (also because I am going to a wedding this weekend and I haven’t decided what I am wearing so I need options). I am so freaking excited about spring! This weekend was such a gift!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Here Comes the Sun (Weekend Recap)My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes April 18, 2016, 8:27 am

I love the speing weather right now! I haven’t painted my nails in months but I have probably a dozen Essie polishes. There was one robin’s egg blue one/lilac-y one, Lilacism, that I adore for spring.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Mile Markers: Jack and Jill Marathon Training Week 1My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 19, 2016, 6:07 am

I love spring weather right now too so long as it doesn’t get too hot yet (it can wait until after the race lol)

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com April 18, 2016, 9:50 am

Love Essie nail polish! Spring and fall are my favorite seasons–it’s warm but not as humid, and therefore I’m not a sweaty mess. I almost never paint my nails because they chip so quickly, but I love treating myself to a mani/pedi every once in a while. My toes have OPI’s Ate Berries in the Canaries on right now.
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Weekend Wrap-Up+Half Marathon Training, Week 2My Profile

• Suzy April 18, 2016, 10:17 am

Oooooh those pancakes look good. We’re a soccer family so most of our sports-watching is done outside in the cold rain. Ugh. Although a few of our kids play Spring soccer, so it’s a nice change for us to be able to stand outside in the sunshine to watch them! I love Spring weather, when it’s sunny!
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage Monday: Boston StyleMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 19, 2016, 6:06 am

the sunshine games are always the best. the cold windy night ones though, they really get to me lol.

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl April 18, 2016, 10:23 am

I really love summer, especially my birthday, the Fourth of July and fireworks, ice cream and flip flops and shorts…but spring does hold a special place in my heart because it seems like the season of new beginnings, and rebirth in the world, even if that sounds sappy 🙂
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Weekly Recap and the MORE Women’s Half MarathonMy Profile

• Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday April 18, 2016, 10:56 am

I’m so jealous of your playoff games. I’m from Columbus, so I’m used to having the worst team ever and not making the playoffs. I’m in Chicago at school, so I’m used to not going to any games because they’re expensive and I’m busy. But hockey makes me so happy and I miss getting absorbed in the playoff hype. And I’m the same way about nail polish names. They matter!
    Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday recently posted…Five Friday Favorites 04/15/16My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 19, 2016, 6:05 am

trust me, I know from terrible hockey too – the islanders were bad for years. it made going to the games painful!

• Gretchen April 18, 2016, 11:06 am

Yay Islanders! We’re trying to take care of the Rangers for you 🙂 Love all of your picks especially the lulu tops. Beautiful!

• Sarah @pickyrunner April 18, 2016, 11:15 am

I never thought I’d really care about the run swiftly t-shirts since I love the long sleeve and tanks and rarely run in short sleeves… but man the one I have I wear every time it’s clean almost immediately. So I think I need more. I have an addiction haha
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…WeekendingMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 19, 2016, 6:04 am

they are my favorite shirts for sure! I think I have 3 or 4 and they are constantly in my laundry.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. April 18, 2016, 6:00 pm

I’ve been thinking about the favourite season thing and I”m honestly not sure I have one anymore. I used to say Fall, but there’s honestly something I love about ALL the seasons. I think it’s just the change that’s my favourite. Having the weather be one way all the time would get old. But this way we’re always looking forward to something 🙂
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…link love 4/17My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles April 19, 2016, 6:03 am

I think fall is my favorite but I used to love winter best and really like summer more than I did as a kid!

• Edye April 19, 2016, 10:30 pm

Those pancakes look AMAZING! You can’t beat ihop 😉 I love reading a good book outside in the spring time. So refreshing!

Blessings,