when you just need a brownie sundae

Every so often, I have a day when I am hungry yet nothing is appealing to me.

Monday was one of those days.

Breakfast is never really my issue. I really like and look forward to a small bowl of oatmeal with banana (plus coffee!) before my run and I always like oatmeal after my run (not pictured).

oatmeal

It was later in the morning, when I was getting really hungry for lunch but wanted nothing in particular, that my issue began. It was almost as if I knew that nothing I was going to eat was going to hit the right spot.

It was a truly annoying feeling actually.

Don’t even ask me how I ended up with a Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burger over a salad with roasted carrots and avocado because I won’t be able to give you a good answer.

Although it was good, it really wasn’t what I wanted and have I mentioned that lately I do not like salads or vegetables for lunch? Yeah, so I don’t know what I was thinking when I prepared this for myself.

veggie burger salad

There was some watermelon in the afternoon but it wasn’t doing it for me.

watermelon

Lots of colors going on between the watermelon, the pink bowl and my rainbow sweatshirt 🙂

By 3:00 pm, I realized it was only a matter of time before I needed to get to The Cheesecake Factory. I suddenly had the Godiva brownie sundae on my mind as the only food that was going to hit the right spot, satisfying whatever it was that I needed today.

Sometimes I just need a random, serious dessert. I have learned that going with exactly what you want to eat, even if it’s a giant brownie sundae on a random Monday, is the way to go.

So I had dinner at home, just as a pathway to dessert if that makes sense. There was a time in my life where I would skip dinner just to get to dessert but now I am an adult so I try not to do that.

Roasted sweet potato wedges with an omelette plus avocado. I was not in the mood for vegetables!

omelette with sweet potatoes

After dinner at home, we went to the The Cheesecake Factory and I felt like some girl on a mission.

godiva brownie sundae

Perfection. Exactly what I needed to feel normal again.

Everyone has their thing and dessert is mine. Had I not gone for exactly what I wanted, I would have eaten everything else in my house trying to satisfy a craving which we all know, never works.

Sometimes, you just need a brownie sundae.

When you just need a brownie sundae #wiaw #brownies #dessert #godiva @cheesecakefactory Click To Tweet

Don’t forget to check out what everyone else is eating today!

Favorite dessert from The Cheesecake Factory?

Are you good about honoring your cravings?

Do you ever have days when you are hungry but not in the mood for anything?

Comments

1. says

Oh yum! I’m going to be dreaming of brownie sundaes all day now. Though my go to at CCF is Adam’s Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple cheesecake. Hits the spot every time!

2. says

I definitely have those days where nothing sounds good. Usually though I eat the same things most days that are satisfying and work, so I don’t usually go by cravings to eat something. However, when I WANT something, I eat it. Cocoa powder does not take the place of a chocolate bar if you know what I mean.
    Ellie recently posted…WIAW [Weird Things I’ve Tried Since Going Vegan]My Profile

3. says

You know i get this. Some days I just need a slice of rainbow cake, or red velvet, or kilwins… or whatever I’m craving at that exact moment. I’ve been in that mood lately where I’m hungry but nothing sounds remotely appealing. I hate days like that. Usually I just eat the same food I normally would, but other days if I suddenly have a small craving for something, I run with it. Like mac and cheese.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Busy Is Not What You AreMy Profile

4. says

I think I’ve complained about those mystery cravings to you on a handful of occasions 😆 Whenever I want something and can’t really place my finger on it, it’s usually something that’s super rich and/or sweet. I’ll have some of that and I’m totally fine, and if I don’t, then I’ll just constantly be grazing but never feeling truly satisfied.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…orange creamsicle overnight oatmeal smoothieMy Profile

5. says

So yes totally onboard with respecting your cravings! I’m reading a really interesting kindle book right now about gut health (more fascinating then it sounds) and a huge part of our cravings actually comes directly from all the bacteria in our gut telling us what we need. And nothing actually satisfies your gut until it gets what it wants (think of that feeling like ‘that totally hit the spot!’…it’s a real feeling) – so it’s not just about how much you eat but what you eat. And everyone’s gut is totally unique to them – our bodies use the energy in different ways. So keep listening to your body!

6. Amanda says

Gosh this totally resonated (except the sundae brownie part). I don’t like eating at my desk and so lunch is always small and insignificant. I love eating breakfast and dinner at home so I try to have a huge breakfast to make up but by dinner I am starving! But i’d rather have it that way b/c eating lunch at work is just depressing 🙂