TOL – Lenny & Larry’s, Time Hop & Midlife Crisis

thinking out loud

I have been sleeping so well this week which translates into I don’t want to get up in the morning. Even us morning people sometimes like to sleep and have to drag ourselves out of bed.

I gave in to the hype and finally tried a Lenny & Larry’s chocolate chip cookie. Let’s discuss.

Lenny and Larry's Cookie

You see how the chocolate chip cookie is broken in half? Well, it was broken in half in the package and although I didn’t want a broken cookie, it was the only package left in the store so I accepted it.

Perhaps the broken cookie was a sign notifying me that the serving size of this actually tasty chocolate chip cookie is only for ONE HALF of the cookie.

Too bad I didn’t know the serving size was for HALF of the cookie before I happily ate the whole cookie.

Who wants to buy an individually wrapped cookie and only eat half?

Not only am I annoyed that an individually wrapped big cookie is supposed to be served in half (insanity), if I am going to eat a whole cookie for 360 total calories, almost 50 grams of carbs and 12 grams of fat, it’s going to be in the form of a real cookie…or a donut or ice cream. Or, basically, a dessert that is not considered health food, something not sold at a vitamin store and something not packaged as a protein snack.

I would rather go to Dunkin Donuts for a chocolate crème filled donut for less money, fewer calories and even less carbs <- I don’t normally count calories or want to see dessert calories but for this comparison I needed to look it up.

While the cookie was decent and may be made healthier than a traditional cookie (or donut), I would not waste my money on it again. It’s not like I look to the cookie (ha, Seinfeld reference) or to dessert for my protein and nutrients anyway.

Moving on…

I finally made the decision that my Energy Boosts are still my main pair, first choice and the best.

running shoes

I like knowing that I can really wear either pair of running shoes for any type of run and even feel confident enough in both pairs for a race BUT after paying really close (and slightly ridiculous) attention to how each shoe feels, the Energy Boosts win out for first place over the Saucony Rides.

Remember how I said I don’t like my facebook Time hop feature? Well, it still notifies me even though I asked it not to do so. This week was the three-year anniversary of that time I was a famous TV star on the Dr. Oz show.

Dr. Oz

Who remembers that? If you missed it, I recapped it in this post, way back when I first started this blog!

Although I did enjoy seeing that memory, my latest issue with Time Hop is that it is slowly giving me a midlife crisis.

When I see posts about my son from five years ago, I am freaking out. It’s like I posted those moments just yesterday but it wasn’t yesterday, it was five years ago!

Where did the time go? And even worse, it is making me realize that five years from now will be here in a flash which means he will be a senior in high school getting ready for college before I know it.

Cue my freak out, approaching empty nest and midlife crisis.

I am seriously trying to embrace every moment even more than before, including the not-so-polite moments of the other night when we went out for frozen yogurt. My son felt the need to scope out the scene inside the frozen yogurt store before we could in together just to make sure he didn’t know anyone. Because, as if we should already know this,  I am embarrassing to be seen with.

frozen yogurt

Lucky for me, he didn’t know anyone so I was allowed in to have my after dessert snack. After dessert snack = Dessert #2 for the night.

Thinking Out Loud #lennyandlarrys #thinkingoutloud #timehop #midlifecrisis #droz #fitfluential #running Click To Tweet

Don’t forget to check out what everyone else is thinking about today 🙂

Are you a Lenny & Larry’s fan?

If you have kids, are they old enough to be embarrassed to be seen with you?

Last time you had frozen yogurt? What toppings did you get?

Comments

1. says

I bought an overpriced lennys cookie and now I think about it…YES you are so right!!!! Why do I suddenly care about protein/health from a COOKIE??? Thanks for the reality check. I just shared your insight with my hubby and he’s like OMG that is so true!!

2. says

I’m envious of your deep sleeps right now. I was up last night from around 1 to 3 a.m. and while I’d love to sleep in to make up for it, work beckons. Damn real life.

Also, I am having a similar midlife crisis but in a completely opposite way. I see travel pictures, cocktails, and shenanigans and think never again or at least not for a long time….

The end will be here soon yes and all this suffering completely worth it? Tell me yes, I need to hear yes.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Food, Babies, and Breakdowns (#24)My Profile

3. says

Its been too long since I had frozen yogurt! I usually get lots of chocolatey toppings like chocolate chips and m&ms. Thats pretty ridiculous that the cookie is supposed to be 2 servings! Do they really expect people to only eat half at a time? However, that being said, I know i generally eat more than 1 serving of most foods, so it’s rare that I even look at what a serving size is anymore.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Helping a New Runner to Stick With ItMy Profile

• says

lol I am sure you aren’t! When my son was little he was attached to my hip and cried for the first two months of preschool because he wanted to be with me. Now, I am so not cool lol

4. says

Those sneaky serving sizes are what make me shy away from lots of packaged foods (other than good dark chocolate bars which my boyfriend and I consider an excellently spent $$ indulgence). I would so much rather have ice cream or a real cookie!

Can’t remember the last time I had froyo because we’ve been going ice cream lately, but a 16 handles adventure is in order soon. The NY Cheesecake flavor is now GF!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…What a PR Means to MeMy Profile

5. says

I have two teenage boys in grade 10 and grade 8. They go through phases of not wanting to be seen with me and it 100% depends on whether or not their girlfriends (or girl friends) think I’m cool or not. Ha ha! I love life.

That bit about eating half the cookie actually got me all worked up. WHO DOES THAT?! It IS insanity!!!
    Suzy recently posted…Two SidesMy Profile

6. says

I’d be annoyed about the cookie too. I mean, who eats half a cookie?! Also, I’ve been wondering how those things taste. If they aren’t necessarily much healthier than a real cookie and are still pretty high in calories, I’ll take the real deal any day. I both love and hate facebook’s “on this day” feature. Some memories I don’t want to relive.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…See you laterMy Profile

7. says

I’ve been wondering about those cookies to be honest. I don’t really understand what the hype is either because it’s a lot for an entire cookie. I’m glad the shoes are working out for you too.
    Hollie recently posted…The 5k: Quick and DirtyMy Profile

8. says

I love Lenny & Larry’s cookies! However, I just discovered a few weeks ago that the serving size was half. THATS CRAZY!!! Like you said, who eats 1/2 a cookie? Not me. Hope you have a lovely weekend <3

Blessings,