A Singing Banana & Recipes of Interest

Anyone else crazy ready for the weekend? I know, me too. I totally need a break!

The good news is that my food shopping is basically done which frees up extra weekend time for things like restocking my moisturizers which all decided to run out at once and doing my son’s camp clothing shopping (and maybe my own warm weather shopping too).

I will ignore the fact that a snowstorm is on the horizon for Sunday. Let’s not talk about it.

A peak in my Trader Joe’s shopping cart from yesterday…

trader joe's food shopping

Nothing out of the norm in my cart although I did finally try Trader Joe’s frozen grilled cauliflower. It’s okay, nothing special, and I wouldn’t get it again. I can roast my own cauliflower.

I also stopped in to Stew Leonard’s for a few things which is always a good time. Not only is the smell incredible ( I think it’s the fresh donuts they are constantly making) but the scenery is entertaining too.

Who wouldn’t enjoy a dancing and singing banana while food shopping?

stew leonards

So after the whole surprise pizza ordering that my son pulled the other night, I realized we needed to chat about some of his dinners for the upcoming week to keep him from plotting another attack.

His dinner ideas were basic and acceptable, here’s what he requested:

Steak and baked potato < – I may not eat steak anymore but I still know how to make it real nice

Pizza night < – Making it at home, no ordering!

Subway night < – Fine, I can handle picking that up for a change

Breakfast for dinner < – omelets and home fries

I came across so many great recipes though I may want to tackle for myself and if my son is feeling friendly, maybe he will be open to something new too.

Let’s take a look!

Main Dishes:

Lemon Chicken Risotto < – convinced he will love this, hoping to make it for him Sunday!

Thai Peanut Burrito Bowls

Roasted Broccoli Quinoa Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing < – my kind of meal

Easy Baked Falafel < – looks so easy and we both like falafel

Portobello Mushroom Fajitas

Lentil Walnut Burgers

Sides:

Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots

How to Cook Perfect Quinoa & 10 Quinoa Recipes

16 Green Vegetable Sides

Low-Carb Cauliflower Tortillasmaybe they would work with the Portobello mushroom fajitas listed above?

Thai Peanut Hummus

Sweet Stuff:

Carrot Quinoa Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

Vegan Chocolate Chunk Cookies for Two

Peanut Butter Coconut Power Breakfast Bars

I also keep meaning to make my flourless & grain gree fudge brownie bites all week! Hoping to get around to it this weekend 🙂

A singing banana & recipes of interest #mealplanning #mealprep #recipes #stewleonards… Click To Tweet

3 things you are doing this weekend?

Have you been good about planning your dinners for the week or do you wing it?

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma March 18, 2016, 6:08 am

I’ve been totally winging dinners! I also got groceries done yesterday so won’t have to go for the weekend. This weekend we’re going to my parents house Saturday for my sister’s birthday and other than that I’m not sure. Most likely trying out a recipe and cleaning 🙂
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Glazed DonutsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 20, 2016, 9:22 am

I hate food shopping over the weekend but I ran out of the few Japanese sweet potatoes I bought and they were so good I think I need to go back to the store to get more.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe March 18, 2016, 7:11 am

That banana is both amazing and terrifying. Essentially, it is the embodiment of life.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Favorite Podcasts for Running, Working, ChillingMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner March 18, 2016, 9:41 am

Mom of the year. I say that all the time but he’s a lucky kid to actually be a part of the meal-planning process hah
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…See you laterMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 20, 2016, 9:22 am

Yeah, I make him part of the process and then he goes and orders a pizza lol

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes March 18, 2016, 10:21 am

Yum I want to make that lemon risotto also! We somehow ended up with a ton of chicken in our fridge so I’m just winging a lot of meals around that this weekend. Hope you have a great weekend!

• Caroline M March 18, 2016, 10:41 am

When I’m home on breaks I meal plan with my mom too! We’re usually pretty much on the same page since we both like to cook but are a fan of easy and nutritious meals. 3 things for the weekend: long run, job interview, and a clothing swap with my sorority sisters!
    Caroline M recently posted…If the (New!) Shoe Fits…My Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl March 18, 2016, 11:14 am

Let’s really not talk about the snow this Sunday. I’m running the NYC half, and the last half I was supposed to run was the Lebow…
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Buckwheat & Quinoa Banana MuffinsMy Profile

• Shannon March 18, 2016, 1:10 pm

I don’t really ever plan out dinners. I buy a bunch of groceries over the weekend that are versatile for most recipes and then figure it out as the week goes on! Thats the benefit of not eating meat I guess!
    Shannon recently posted…Lima Bean SoupMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 20, 2016, 9:20 am

For sure! That’s really how I go about my own dinners for the same reason!

• Lauren March 18, 2016, 1:17 pm

I’m trying to get back into meal prepping this week. It’s been really inconsistent lately, yikes. Thanks for some recipe idea links!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 20, 2016, 9:20 am

I get it- I haven’t been in the mood to plan out dinners but it’s important, at least for my son’s sake!

• Arthi March 18, 2016, 3:24 pm

I never ever plan my dinners or meals and am always so impressed with people that do! The other issue is that I’m a terrible cook and don’t even know what to try to make! How in the world do people learn?!

Three things I’m doing this weekend: Drinks with friends + Long run Saturday with my running club + Watching all those March Madness games because I filled out my first bracket (and am already losing terribly).

Have a great weekend!
    Arthi recently posted…Friday Free FlowMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 20, 2016, 9:19 am

I think you should pick some of these recipes to try, they aren’t complicated and really easy to throw together. I like easy recipes that don’t seem like recipes!

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets March 19, 2016, 9:40 am

I’m all about bananas, singing or otherwise.

Also, subtract the steak and I’m totally digging your son’s meal choices. 🙂
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: Bathtubs, Cookies and Nudity (#22)My Profile