Top 10 from the Weekend

#1 – I am loving these new puffed heart accessories from Marc Jacobs and wish I could find this pattern in a handbag. The puffed heart wristlet does hold a phone though so maybe I could make it work somehow.

Marc Jacobs Puffed Hearts

#2 – Have you see the new Kate Spade ice cream cone phone case? She has a new ice cream and treats line out (shoes, bags, accessories, jewelry etc.) and I find it all so adorable.

Although, as much as I love this ice cream cone phone case, I can’t see it as practical, especially since I run with my phone!

Kate Spade ice cream cone phone case

#3 –  The Kate Spade ice cream cone key chain is a work of art to me.

kate spade ice cream cone keychain

I like cute key chains like this not to use as an actual key chain, but as a charm on my handbags. I’ve had a cupcake dangling from my favorite handbag for years.

gucci handbag

#4 – My LOVE Drop from Love Grown Foods included two new cereals and I am obsessed with them. The flavors of the Polar Puffs and Fruity Sea Stars both remind me of the cereals of my childhood only they are so much healthier.

love grown foods cereal

These Love Grown Foods cereals are gluten-free, vegan, made with beans instead of flour and contain no artificial colors  or preservatives. Not to mention, these cereals do not irritate my mouth at all.

#5 – Are you familiar with the infamous Nordstrom giant chocolate chip cookie? Well, here it is.

Nordstrom chocolate chip cookie

My friend Lisa and I used to take our boys to lunch at the Nordstrom cafe easily three times, if not four times a week when the kids were little. I used to get this giant chocolate chip cookie from Nordstrom after lunch sometimes and I would eat it as I pushed my son in the stroller. Some days were harder than others (raising a baby/toddler is very tiring!) so quite often I would need (yes, need) this chocolate chip cookie to make it through the day. It was worth every bite!

In case you care, my all-time chocolate chip cookie favorites list:

1. The Main Street Bakery in Disney World (see this post for the last time I had a chocolate chip cookie here!)
  2. Max Brenner (love the chocolate chip cookies here, especially dipped in the fondue!)
  3. Nordstrom

#6 –  Since getting a new pair of Energy Boosts recently in a bigger size than what I had been wearing, I decided that my alternate pair of running shoes needed to size up too.

running shoes

I went over to the SA Elite Sports Authority store which is closing and scored a great deal on a pair of Saucony Ride 7’s! I didn’t allow myself to fuss too much over my selection since these will never be my main shoe – just the shoe I wear for recovery runs and easy runs.

#7 – Craving for vegetable pizza satisfied. Villa Monte (for local readers, in Bethpage) makes the greatest whole wheat vegetable slice ever.

vegetable pizza

#8 – Finding out Laura not only ran an awesome half marathon on Saturday but scored herself a 5 minute PR! I am getting really excited to train with her. As soon as I know which race I am running with Laura as my coach, I will let you know. I should know this week!

#9  – I got out of cooking last night because we went to The Main Event to watch the Islanders game. They were playing the Rangers and I asked the waitress to change our table as soon as I saw the one she brought us to was next to a bunch of Rangers fans. No way was I going to dine next to them.

greek salad

#10 – You know you are bound to have a great week when your Sunday night concludes with a really nice brownie.

brownie

top 10 from the weekend @lovegrownfoods #pizza #running #isles #katespade #marcjacobs Click To Tweet

How was your weekend?

Do you have a favorite cookie? Where is it from?

What’s on the workout agenda for today?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine March 7, 2016, 4:58 am

I also had a brownie sundae this weekend! I think that will always be my favorite dessert to order in a restaurant. Not sure about today’s workout- planning to run but will see how I feel and then decide how far Im going!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Last Week’s Reminder to Focus on Recovery!My Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma March 7, 2016, 6:05 am

Was so excited for Laura when I saw that! I also have a weakness for anything cupcake or ice cream or “cute food” related when it comes to accessories. My wallet has apples on it and my phone case has strawberries 🙂 I want the ice cream cones now.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Boston Training Week 6 & Weekend PicturesMy Profile

• Ellie March 7, 2016, 8:23 am

Yum that cookie would be so good as an afternoon pick me up! My favorite cookie is still the Oreo. I love most of the flavors they have too, except lemon. Who thought lemon and chocolate would be good?
    My weekend was nice and relaxing, though not as yummy as yours! I’m jealous of your eats, who cares if you didn’t cook them yourself?
    Have a great week!
    Ellie recently posted…Week In Review: Harry Potter AND Vegan?!My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes March 7, 2016, 8:24 am

Thank you so much for the kind words! Xoxo I adore you and am SO excited to find out which race we’ll be training for!! Those Kate Spade charms are too cute. My favorite cookie was from my undergrad’s cafeteria—such a good chocolate chip cookie and then they had awesome oatmeal raisin ones also.!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Mile Markers: Lake Sammamish Half Marathon Race WeekMy Profile

• Gretchen | Gretchruns March 7, 2016, 8:33 am

Love those wallets and the phone case! It’s adorable but like you said impractical. It would look cute for selfies though 😉 I can’t wait to see how you do with a running coach!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Gettysburg Marathon Training : Week 9 RecapMy Profile

• lacey@fairytalesandfitness March 7, 2016, 8:34 am

I love Main street Bakery. There is never a time I go to Disney that I don’t go there. That salad Iooks so tasty as well as that sundae. ..oh my!
    lacey@fairytalesandfitness recently posted…How Running Enhances LivesMy Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl March 7, 2016, 9:52 am

I love the ice cream cone Kate Spade line. I have a polka dot KS iPhone case and a half dozen of their purses. Most basic pink and other colors, but one shaped like a rotary telephone!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Weekly Workouts and Updates 2/29-3/6My Profile

• Caroline M March 7, 2016, 9:59 am

Favorite cookie comes from a local coffee shop near my college. The oatmeal raisin cookie is the size of a small plate and it’s probably half an inch thick and bursting with raisins and walnuts and all things yummy! I’m interested to see how you like the new shoes. I’m starting half marathon training today and am probably buying a new pair of running shoes. I’ve been wearing the same style shoe for about 6 years so I guess it’s time for a change…

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 7, 2016, 10:06 am

oh that cookie sounds so good! I love oatmeal raisin and I love a giant cookie….It’s so hard to choose a running shoe based on other people’s recommendations since we are all so different but if you like a neutral shoe, I do recommend my Adidas energy boosts and saucony is nice if you like a wide toe box. I recommend you go to a good running shoe store and try a bunch of pairs on, allowing them to take a look at your feet to help you find a good shoe for you.

• Fiona March 7, 2016, 10:05 am

Marks and Spencer (an English chain) make the best chocolate chip cookies that I’m convinced must be about 60% butter. They do a white choc chip one too which is to die for… Rumour has it that M&S pipe the smell of the cookies through the shop to seduce the cookie lover in you, as if that were needed! Epic looking veg pizza slice by the way!
    Fiona recently posted…Ironman: Sexist But HappeningMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner March 7, 2016, 10:27 am

I owe you an email but I’m too distracted looking at those cookies. I didn’t know Nordstrom had giant cookies! I was there Saturday and we almost ate at the cafe… next time I will definitely get one. I trust your dessert opinion haha
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…See you laterMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 7, 2016, 4:07 pm

you totally have to get the cookies at Nordstrom! the chocolate chip was always my fave but they have a kitchen sink type and an oatmeal raisin which are both big!

• Suzy March 7, 2016, 10:58 am

I love it when people describe their food as “nice.” It’s so cute! 🙂 I’m so glad your brownie wasn’t mean. 😉

That pizza looks really great. I *know* I’d eat more veggies if I could put them all on top of pizza like that!

And yeah, I’m thinking that Laura is a really great running coach. I can’t wait to see how she trains you and what you can do with her in your corner!
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 7, 2016, 4:06 pm

I would not be happy with a mean brownie 🙂 the pizza is so so good, you would love the roasted vegetables on top.

• Hollie March 7, 2016, 11:34 am

It’s funny after we talked, I added a pair of the new Energy Boosts to my new rotation. I also run in the rides. That’s awesome you were able to get such a good deal on them.
    Hollie recently posted…Training: Group Runs and Grilled Cheeses (74 miles)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 7, 2016, 4:06 pm

I got such a good deal, I am still excited about it! I hope you are liking the boosts

• Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat March 7, 2016, 12:46 pm

I’ve recently sized up in my running shoes as well. I am enjoying a little extra room and trying to see if that helps with some of the foot pain I have been having.
    Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted…Health Stuff: Crohn’s + IBS DiagnosisMy Profile

• Shannon March 7, 2016, 1:49 pm

I used to eat at Nordstrom all the time when I was in high school and worked there, but I haven’t been there in years!

• Arthi March 7, 2016, 3:37 pm

My favorite cookie ever is from Insomnia Cookie – PB Deluxe Cookie! If you live near a college campus, you can usually find an Insomnia. They are insanely delicious.

Weekend was lovely! Took an impromptu trip out West and escaped the cold for a couple days! 🙂
    Arthi recently posted…Miami –> MIA.My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 7, 2016, 4:04 pm

I have seen the insomnia cookie location in the city! I always wanted to go there to try the cookies!

• Marina @ Snackie Bird March 7, 2016, 4:04 pm

My weekend was pretty low so far, but in Russia we have additional free days in Monday and Tuesday though. And I plan to celebrate National Women`s Day tomorrow!

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com March 7, 2016, 6:34 pm

I used to love having lunch at the Nordstrom cafe when I was a kid. I always felt so fancy. I’ve never heard of those cereals before, but they look and sound amazing! I’m taking a couple of days off after a not so great long run Saturday, and scheduled PT for Wednesday so fingers crossed!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…My Knee is a B+Weekend Wrap-UpMy Profile