Recent Eats & Recipes of Interest

I came across a great collection of recipes to share again this week! I like sharing meal ideas this way, I think, instead of sharing our dinner plans for the week because for right now, I just can’t stick to meal planning too far in advance.

I definitely do my food shopping with dinner in mind, purchasing our staples so that I can make dinner but lately, I just feel like eating out a bit more, winging things a bit more, feeling a bit more free with the meal planning, you know?

We went for sushi randomly the other night. I love that my son enjoys sushi now with me! It’s no fun to be the only one eating sushi at the table, I much prefer to order a bunch of rolls to share.

sushi

It’s not that I am not cooking! I am busy whipping up my power bowls and I made my son a big skillet of Italian-spiced chicken cutlets with whole grain pasta this week. There were plenty of leftovers which were perfect to have ready in a pinch after his volleyball games.

italian chicken and pasta skillet

I do try to eat lunch at home most days of the week but the other day, I was just STARVING when I was working from Panera so I got them to make me the power bowl that they used to sell when they had their secret menu. Remember the Panera secret menu? I had loved the power hummus bowl (without the chicken).

panera power bowl

I ate this power hummus bowl (with added avocado because, again, I was STARVING and needed the fat to fill me) at 10:30 in the morning. My appetite knows no time. If I feel like lunch, I eat it.

So the recipes I came across this week all look so good!

Take a look, see if any of these recipes are of interest to you and stock up on your ingredients over the weekend. If anything, use the recipes as inspiration for creating your own meal ideas, that’s usually what I end up doing.

I love that none of these recipes are complicated nor do they contain ingredients that are foreign to what I normally would pick up at the grocery store.

Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken – My son will love this and it looks super easy.

Spinach, egg and avocado stuffed sweet potatoMy favorite combo lately now inside a sweet potato!

Crispy Roasted Potato Wedges with Squash, Lentils & Goat Cheese My kind of meal. Maybe with feta instead of goat cheese.

Grilled Vegetable Quesadillas with Kale PestoWe love quesadillas, who doesn’t?

Snacks/Desserts:

Chocolate Banana Quinoa Microwave Mug Cake – Must try this.

Carrot Oatmeal Greek Yogurt Muffins – I need to start baking with carrots.

Coconut Flour Carrot Raisins Muffins (Paleo & Nut Free) – Another reason to start baking with carrots!

Oatmeal LatteShe is a genius.

recent eats & recipes of interest #sushi #recipes #fitfluential #recenteats #panera Click To Tweet

**********

3 things you are doing this weekend?

Have you been eating out more/less lately?

What time do you normally eat lunch?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine March 4, 2016, 5:07 am

We usually just eat out for dinner on Saturdays. If I didn’t meal plan we would probably end up eating out more during the week! I feel like by the time I get home and start cooking I am just on autopilot, so its nice to have a recipe to follow, all the ingredients I need, and sometimes I will have even prepped some of the food. I also know if I dont cook then I wont have leftovers to bring to work for lunch, so that is usually my motivation when Im tempted to pull something out of the freezer!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Last Weekend’s Meal Planning and PrepMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma March 4, 2016, 5:58 am

My lunch has recently gotten earlier and I’m not sure why! It mostly depends on what I’m working on since if I’m right in the middle of something I won’t stop to eat, but I also can’t start anything while hungry! Plus lots of recipe testing means I’m eating at odd times anyway. My earliest is usually 11:30 though I think but much respect for 10:30 🙂 Thanks for sharing the muffins!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries & Homemade BBQ Sauce {Paleo & Vegan}My Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe March 4, 2016, 8:26 am

I try to keep my lunch to 12, but sometimes there is no helping it. And if I somehow make it past 12? That’s a miracle! My dinner flits between 5 and 7. But again, miracle if I wait that long 😀
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Healthy Lifestyle Changes and SmartyPants Vitamins Giveaway!My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 6, 2016, 9:17 am

me too – eating lunch beyond 12 is a rarity – unless it’s the weekend. I can get thrown off then.

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes March 4, 2016, 8:42 am

I LOVE How Sweet Eats recipes also—such a genius! I normally eat lunch at 1, but that’s because I eat breakfast around 9 after I run. On weekends though I’m snacking starting at 10:30! Hope you have a great weekend!
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…How to Make Homemade Bread: Tips & RecipesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 4, 2016, 8:56 am

She is seriously my favorite! love her personality just as much as the recipes. Did you see her recipe today? love it!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 6, 2016, 9:17 am

love how sweet eats – definitely one of my top 3 bloggers.

• Gretchen | Gretchruns March 4, 2016, 8:53 am

It’s been way too long since I have sushi and those rolls look amazing! Lately I’ve been so hungry lately that I’m starting lunch at 10:30 and a second lunch at 12 haha!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Top Five Friday #46My Profile

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com March 4, 2016, 9:47 am

I have an 11 miler scheduled for tomorrow, then celebrating my friend’s birthday in DC. I typically don’t eat out often just so I can save money, but once a week or so I’ll buy lunch out–there’s a local Peruvian chicken place that has amazing food!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Friday FavesMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 6, 2016, 9:16 am

I try to save money too by not eating out too much but sometimes, I just need the change.

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. March 4, 2016, 10:20 am

I hear ya on the 10:30 lunches — sometimes they just need to happen, especially if you wake up at the buttcrack of dawn. And I saw that oatmeal latte this morning and nearly died. Combining coffee and oatmeal? I need that in my life.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…chunky monkey stuffed sweet potatoesMy Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl March 4, 2016, 10:22 am

Loving that you convinced them to make you the power bowl. I hate that they got rid of the secret menu, it was my jam!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Oatmeal Cake Recipe RoundupMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 6, 2016, 9:15 am

next time you are there, ask them to make what you used to order, they may do it!

• Suzy March 4, 2016, 10:47 am

Omg I loved it when my kids started eating sushi with me! My middle son Freddy is our most adventurous eater. He’s my favourite to take out. HA! I’m coming back to that skillet chicken thing. Gotta try it.
    Suzy recently posted…Hot BunsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 6, 2016, 9:15 am

my son is a great time too since he will eat different things but he always tries to take my dessert which is not nice.

• Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat March 4, 2016, 12:10 pm

I haven’t had sushi in forever and that needs to change this weekend. I typically eat lunch between 1-2 although I am without fail hungry earlier. But the earlier I eat the longer the work day feels. So for my sanity in the afternoon, I hold off, haha.
    Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted…Health Stuff: Crohn’s + IBS DiagnosisMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 4, 2016, 12:12 pm

I used to do the same thing at work! If I ate too early, the day was so long. Sometimes though, I couldn’t help myself, if it was a hungry day, I had no choice! But I tried to wait!

• Shannon March 4, 2016, 12:43 pm

I have always eaten lunch pretty early. Probably because I wake up super early and eat breakfast really early too!
    Shannon recently posted…Lemon Artichoke Simmer SauceMy Profile

• Jennifer Lattin March 4, 2016, 12:59 pm

Holy crap. I think that Oatmeal Latte is the best idea I’ve seen in ages. Mind blowing. Gotta try. Thank you for possibly having a hand in changing my life 😉 .

• Caroline M March 4, 2016, 1:37 pm

I normally eat lunch at 1:00 but oftentimes it’s 2:00. I have class every day from either 8/9am – 1pm or 8am – 2pm. Surprisingly making it to 2 is easier because those days I have regular classes. On the days I eat lunch at 1, I take a dance class and 2 hours of dancing leaves me RAVENOUS. In high school I ate lunch at 10:47 (yes, exactly that time) most days so it was quite the adjustment to eating lunch later in the day!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles March 6, 2016, 9:14 am

We really get used to our meal times, especially when they are scheduled by school! My son eats that early as well.

• lindsay March 4, 2016, 3:19 pm

does this mean i can come over for all these eats? cause that would be amazing and I like you’ve planned all this already. you are the best!

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets March 6, 2016, 8:32 pm

Pasta has been a huge thing for me lately or really anything which the Hubby can throw together easily enough to feed me. 🙂

I will take all the potato wedges. The lentils and goat cheese are just icing on the cake.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip PancakesMy Profile