WIAW – I Haven’t Had Peanut Butter In Days

That’s right. I haven’t had peanut butter in days, not since before I got sick last week. My eating habits tend to change for a bit after a virus so I am just going with it, eating what I crave and what sounds appealing. The last time I had a real bad stomach virus, I ended up a vegetarian.

Although I am feeling better and returning to my normal eating, peanut butter just hasn’t happened yet. I don’t really know why since my stomach definitely feels close to 100%, I guess I just don’t want peanut butter right now?

What? Is this me talking?

What I Ate Wednesday 2-24-16

Breakfast:

Yesterday’s early morning happiness of oatmeal and coffee. I didn’t finish all of the oatmeal but what I did eat was perfect for before my run. I also had a piece of a banana before heading outside.

coffee and oatmeal

After my run I made a version of my three-ingredient pancake – just like we discussed last week where it’s the same as the three-ingredient pancake but different 🙂 I still didn’t measure things but it involved eggs, some banana, a little coconut flour, cinnamon and Skoop. Oh and blueberries!

Too bad it didn’t flip well this time.

blueberry pancake

Lunch:

During my run, I decided I was craving a french toast bagel from Stew Leonard’s. I told myself that if I still had the french toast bagel craving come lunch time, I would go and get myself one.

french toast bagels

That feeling when you are truly craving something and it lives up to those expectations…..Ohhhh did this hit the craving spot. I topped my toasted French toast bagel with a drop of Earth’s Balance, jelly and eggs.

french toast bagel

Dinner:

I am slowly getting back to vegetables.

melted mozzarella and tomato

So this melted mozzarella cheese and plum tomato combo is on toasted cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread. I am a bit annoyed if you must know because I bought a new loaf of the cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread and it doesn’t have the usual amount of raisins –and yes, I checked all of the slices.

I think I need to complain. I really look forward to this raisin bread because it’s always so nice and chewy with lots of raisins, especially in the end pieces. Not this time.

Snack:

This sounds like crazy talk coming from me but right now I really like an apple without the peanut butter.  I can actually taste the apple. I sprinkle it with cinnamon and break up one of those mini dark chocolate bars from Trader Joe’s to go with it.

apples

What I Ate Wednesday - no peanut butter! #wiaw #stewleonards #bagels #peanutbutter #running… Click To Tweet

Click here to check out what everyone else is eating today!

******

How drastic do your eating habits change after being sick?

What was for dinner last night?

Is there a food you ate every single day until one day you didn’t?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine February 24, 2016, 5:03 am

It definitely takes me awhile to fully adjust back from being sick. I used to eat flavored chobani Greek yogurt every day and then decided to stop for a bit because I felt like they were so expensive and possibly giving me stomach aches. After a while I pretty much forgot about it!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Weekly Recap: A Hint of SpringMy Profile

• Marina @ Snackie Bird February 24, 2016, 5:23 am

I eat eggs every day and when I suddenly do not include them in the meal, I feel a little lost: D But I’m always happy to try something new.

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma February 24, 2016, 5:46 am

You might be killing me with that french toast bagel! My local store makes the best french toast and blueberry ones. I actually have not eaten steak since the night before my September stomach bug (the puking one that made me miss my race!) I just can’t stop associating it with that and I have no desire. I also didn’t eat oranges for literally decades after a stomach bug association as a kid.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW Long Run Day and The Best FudgeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 24, 2016, 1:53 pm

OMG the stew leonard’s French toast bagels may be the best I have ever had. I understand associating steak with that virus. I did the same thing so many times that it’s a wonder I have what to eat.

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood February 24, 2016, 8:05 am

I’ve been craving a bagel for what feels like forever and I need to just go out and get one. So lazy. Iknow this sounds silly, and I’m totally not that person, but write a short, kind letter to the bread people – they’ll probably send you a new one or at least some coupons!
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday: Quick and Easy MealsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 24, 2016, 1:52 pm

Go get a good bagel! It will help the craving to go away. I am totally going to send them an email, maybe I will get a coupon is right!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes February 24, 2016, 8:25 am

I love cinnamon raisin bread and really want some now! I used to eat beans almost every day until I realized they were a main trigger for my stomach problems, so I cut way way back on them.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…6 Indoor Workouts for Runners {Monthly Workout Roundup}My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 24, 2016, 1:51 pm

I love cinnamon raisin bread! Just like it with a lot of raisins which this loaf is lacking.

• Carmella February 24, 2016, 8:35 am

Meredith this is not the topic, but I just want to say thanks. Sometime ago you mentioned White Sands Orchid Oil and I tried it. Love, love, love what it did for my hair it is so soft!
    Thanks and have a good day!

• Susie @ SuzLyfe February 24, 2016, 8:40 am

I haven’t had ice cream in months. I can’t believe I just said that.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Why Easy Running Can Actually Help You Run FasterMy Profile

• Arthi February 24, 2016, 8:58 am

I stop eating peanut butter too when I get sick … For some reason the taste/texture/smell just makes me not want it even a little bit (and I typically eat it everyday too)!

Dinner last night – Minestrone soup with lots of warm, crusty bread and red wine! And then I picked out all the shrimp from my mom’s pasta dish … 🙂
    Arthi recently posted…Monday Night Confessions – Part 48.My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 24, 2016, 9:01 am

I love that you are a food picker outer like me! lol — soup and bread sounds nice right now and I like to hear of someone else who goes off pb when they are sick. It’s so weird for me to do!

• Sarah @pickyrunner February 24, 2016, 9:24 am

I haven’t had dessert since Sunday. That is so unlike me. Not even chocolate! I don’t know what’s wrong with me… I do need to try those bagels. Maybe I’ll make a road trip out of it haha
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…AnswersMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 24, 2016, 1:50 pm

You so need to make a road trip out of it! For the bagels or for ice cream. Or something. And it’s not okay that you haven’t had chocolate or cake. Especially this week!

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl February 24, 2016, 10:00 am

I cannot remember the last time I went an entire day without eating any peanut butter and/or sunflower seed butter. Oh well, there are worse things to make habits of!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #46: Saturday Spoons and PlatesMy Profile

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com February 24, 2016, 10:02 am

I don’t think my eating habits really change after I’m sick. I’ve never eaten something consistently and then given it up, but I do go through phases with certain things–like right now I’m obsessed with oatmeal every morning, but other times I’ll switch to a protein smoothie and have that for like a few months. I like to switch it up sometimes!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Half Marathon Training Recap, Week 7My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 24, 2016, 1:49 pm

I like to switch things up sometimes too. It’s not often but it happens!

• Ellie February 24, 2016, 10:08 am

I haven’t had PB in a couple days either! I ran out of brown bananas and usually make microwave banana bread and top it with PB for breakfast, lacking the bananas I’ve started having other things for breakfast that don’t need PB. I also made almond butter yesterday so that has taken PBs job for my sandwiches.
    One food I ate until I didn’t was hummus. I still like it, don’t get me wrong, but I ran out of it and started eating other things at work so I sort of forgot about it. Now I’m wanting some hummus!
    Ellie recently posted…WIAW [Expired food leads to great things]My Profile

• Jenn - a traveling Wife February 24, 2016, 10:12 am

Oh my, that french toast bagel. I NEED one of those in my life right now. Also, I absolutely love apples with a dash of cinnamon on them. So tasty!
    Jenn – a traveling Wife recently posted…Mulligatawny Soup [Whole30 and Paleo Friendly]My Profile

• Emily February 24, 2016, 10:18 am

How drastic do your eating habits change after being sick?
    I guess it kind of depends on how sick I am. I often eat MORE food after I’m sick.
    So glad that you’re feeling better!

What was for dinner last night?
    Cinnamon roll pancakes, eggs, and bacon!

Is there a food you ate every single day until one day you didn’t?
    Hm… I haven’t had peanut butter in a while either.
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: What is Love?My Profile

• Hollie February 24, 2016, 12:03 pm

When I get sick I tend to crave soup. It takes me a long time to adjust after being sick. Especially if it’s stomach issues…I feel as if my stomach is off for weeks after.
    Hollie recently posted…Flower Show 5k (18:13)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 24, 2016, 1:48 pm

Ugh, good to know I am not alone in this! I am feeling much better though

• Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat February 24, 2016, 12:10 pm

I was a vegetarian for several years after a particularly awful episode involving a burger. Luckily I slowly reverted back to my carnivore loving ways.
    I have up nuts/nut butter for Lent. It is a very long 40 days.
    Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted…Half Marathon Training 2/8/16 – 2/21/16My Profile

• Molly @ Motherhood and Marathons February 24, 2016, 1:40 pm

I ate oatmeal every single day for like 6 years. And then I didn’t eat it again for a couple of years. I’m back on the oatmeal train these days, though!

• Fiona February 24, 2016, 4:35 pm

Man, I miss real bagels! It’s been a few years since I was last stateside but I’ve never gotten over how amazing they are compared to what we get in Ireland. I think I might actually have to visit the US JUST for the bagels…. Hope you enjoyed!
    Fiona recently posted…Just Beet ItMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 25, 2016, 4:32 pm

you mean you may have to just come New York for a bagel because they are the best here. It’s a fact. 🙂

• Dani @ Dani California Cooks February 24, 2016, 8:00 pm

A french toast bagel! What a genius idea!

I’ve learned the same thing about cravings – if they really persist, better just give in!
    Dani @ Dani California Cooks recently posted…WIAW – Final Week of the Whole30!My Profile

• Sarah @ BucketListTummy February 24, 2016, 8:30 pm

A french toast bagel sounds so good. Always honor those cravings 🙂 I couldn’t go two days, let alone a week, without PB! I think my food habits change a little bit when I’m sick in that I probably eat less overall and gravitate towards the same foods over and over. Feel better!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 25, 2016, 4:32 pm

I never thought I would not eat pb every day but I guess being sick made me not want it!

• Shannon February 24, 2016, 10:40 pm

No peanut butter?! What! That bagel looks so good. I have never seen a french toast bagel.
    Shannon recently posted…Vegetarian PaellaMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 25, 2016, 4:31 pm

best bagel ever, maybe even better than a cinnamon raisin in my opinion.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets February 25, 2016, 5:59 am

We tried a new PB from Whole Foods and I am not digging it. I even tried mixing it with banana, pretzels, all to no avail. The only way I enjoyed it was in pancakes which I hope to make and recreate for the blog soon.
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Baked Brie Bites with Raspberry SauceMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 25, 2016, 4:29 pm

oh, I need to see which pb it is? I haven’t been to whole foods in a bit.