WIAW- President’s Day

Half way through the week means half way through winter break. Although I am still working this week as usual from home, it’s nice not to rush in the morning because I don’t need to get my son up and out for school. We have a school art project to work on this week but other than that, it’s all fun and games for him.

Speaking of games, let’s take a look at what I ate on Monday, which was President’s Day, which was also the day we went to the Islanders game.

Breakfast:

Dimly lit first cup of coffee when I woke up.

early morning coffee

Pre-Run small bowl of oatmeal with banana.

oatmeal

I made a protein pancake with blueberries in it and on top with peanut butter (of course) after my run. This pancake is similar to my three-ingredient pancake but different. Ha, that makes no sense.

three ingredient pancake

This pancake, which I make fairly often, is similar to the three ingredient pancake because it involves egg whites and sometimes banana but this time was different because it was just egg whites, Skoop and coconut flour. I play around with it each time I make it. I really wish I measured things to share it as a recipe but I don’t so there’s that.

We stopped for some Dunkin Donuts coffee (because already have a few cups wasn’t enough) on the way to the Islanders game.

dunkin donuts coffee

Lunch:

I brought my lunch with me which is something I tend to do for day games – peanut butter and apple on Ezekiel bread – and saved myself a ton of money.

peanut butter sandwich

Although just because I saved money on my lunch does not mean I was spending crazy on m&m’s from the Sugar Factory at the game.

sugar factory

I told my son not to overfill the bag because I refused to pay crazy pricing. I am still recovering from the price of the m&m’s from opening night so when his bag this time rang up at SIXTEEN DOLLARS, I denied the purchase.

To get back at me he chose a slice of carrot cake from Junior’s. He had to know that ordering such a cake would mean I wouldn’t touch it because it didn’t involve chocolate. The nerve.

juniors carrot cake

The game was great though! They won and aside from that, I enjoyed myself. It sounds silly but I really struggle adjusting to the Islanders move to Brooklyn. I guess over time I will adjust and Monday’s game was a start.

Dinner:

The ride home from Brooklyn is longer than what our ride home from games used to be so we brought in Mother Kelly’s for dinner since I certainly didn’t feel like cooking.

Grilled eggplant over spaghetti squash with melted mozzarella cheese. Always a good one.

mother kelly's grilled eggplant over spaghetti squash

The usual weeknight dessert….

apple with peanut butter

Click here to see what everyone else is eating today!

What I Ate President's Day #wiaw #isles #juniors #sugarfactory #running #fitfluential Click To Tweet

**************

Let’s play favorites!

Favorite candy when picking from the candy bins?

Favorite Italian dish to order in a restaurant?

Favorite snack lately?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine February 17, 2016, 5:06 am

Thats smart to bring your own lunch to the game! I love getting spaghetti and meatballs at Italian restaurants. Especially in NY. We always got to Mama Ts when we are there because my sister is obsessed and we all find something we like.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…One Week Without Coffee (5.5 to go…)My Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma February 17, 2016, 6:03 am

Adam would always agree with stopping for Dunkin even if 3 or 4 cups have already been consumed 🙂 eggplant is so good but I haven’t had it since I can’t bread it and smother in cheese anymore. Maybe I can figure something out with that.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW When I Didn’t Leave My HouseMy Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe February 17, 2016, 8:12 am

yesterday I ate two bags of haribo gummy bears. I never want to see another gummy bear in my life. (speaking of candy)
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…A Better Liquid Diet with Smoothies (Green Blender Review)My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes February 17, 2016, 8:38 am

Dunkin Donuts was my favorite place for coffee when I lived in the Midwest! I miss it sometimes although we finally found our go-to coffee place here.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Rainy Runs Survival Guide: 5 {More} Tips from a Seattle RunnerMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 17, 2016, 8:41 am

I never understand when people choose carrot cake over chocolate… like… why?!?! The only thing I’ll give carrot cake is that the frosting is pretty bomb. And your sandwich is making me miss the days where I still went to school and packed AB/banana sandwiches for lunch. I might have to whip one up someday soon because those things are kind of amazing.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…no bake almond fudge protein barsMy Profile

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com February 17, 2016, 9:03 am

Oh man–I think my favorite candy from a candy bin would probably be peanut M&Ms. Or peanut butter ones! I LOVE Italian food and usually go for classics like eggplant or chicken parm. I feel like you just can’t go wrong. Favorite snack lately would be apple slices with almond butter and chocolate chips!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Thoughts On Making A MurdererMy Profile

• Kate February 17, 2016, 9:19 am

That’s such a neat dish you picked up. I would love to order spaghetti squash (plus lots of cheese) at an Italian restaurant! I love eggplant parm, but anything with marinara has my name on it!
    Your m&m experience reminds me of my days working at a self-serve froyo place. The look of people when they hear their yogurt is $14.00!

• Gretchen | Gretchruns February 17, 2016, 9:27 am

Favorite candy is anything gummy, but nothing sour. Those blue sharks might be my favorite though! I feel like at Italian restaurants I always order different things but I like gnocchi a lot, and will never order anything with a white sauce.
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Wednesday Reviews : Group CoreMy Profile

• Emily February 17, 2016, 9:39 am

Favorite candy when picking from the candy bins?
    Hehe… They should have V-day on Monday. 😀 The candy is so cheap! It’s a blessing. My favorite is Reese’s peanut butter cups.

Favorite Italian dish to order in a restaurant?

Hmm… Fettucine?

Favorite snack lately?

NUTS! Salty nuts are so good!
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: Social Media ConfessionsMy Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl February 17, 2016, 9:39 am

I’m constantly trying different combinations in my microwave scones and mug cakes. That and my apple with peanut butter is weekend breakfast and every night dessert!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #45My Profile

• Anna-Marie @BeautyandtheBeets February 17, 2016, 9:48 am

I love that you got spaghetti squash from a restaurant!! I sure miss hockey games- it is just not the same here in Florida!!
    Anna-Marie @BeautyandtheBeets recently posted…Blueberry Breakfast Cookies + A Coffee Giveaway + WIAWMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 18, 2016, 12:14 pm

Are you near the panthers or lightning? you can go to a game there? But I would imagine it’s just not the same as a cold weather area.

• Suzy February 17, 2016, 10:31 am

Chocolate macaroons! Or chocolate covered almonds. My favourite snack lately is spinach dip. I made a thing of it and I keep heating it up and dipping crackers and chips into it for breakfast lunch and dinner.
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: The Art of LayingMy Profile

• Sarah @pickyrunner February 17, 2016, 10:51 am

I would go ham in a candy store haha I don’t eat it that often, but when I do, it’s go big or go home. I could go for some hearty Italian food today…
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Injury Answers and a Weekend RecapMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 18, 2016, 12:12 pm

And this is why we are friends. Yes to go big or go home, so long as big doesn’t cost me $16 for m&m’s lol

• Cora February 17, 2016, 10:53 am

I totally get “same but different.” It’s a thing.
    Also totally get bringing in food to public events. No way am I spending all that money! Or atleast – you are right – you just save it for the things that are way more important. Like candy and cake 🙂
    Cora recently posted…WIAW: All good.My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 18, 2016, 12:12 pm

if they let me bring my food, I totally do it unless the place has something I really like.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets February 17, 2016, 11:04 am

I’m so with your son on this one. I love carrot cake, way better than chocolate, although I wouldn’t pay $16 for M&M’s either. 🙂
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Sweet and Salty Trail Mix Granola RecipeMy Profile

• Arman @ thebigmansworld February 17, 2016, 12:19 pm

One day, I will tell you my Dylan’s Candy Bar story.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy Birthday Cake Protein CookiesMy Profile

• Dani @ Dani California Cooks February 17, 2016, 1:25 pm

I am loving spaghetti squash bowls recently! Have to add some grilled eggplant to mine next…that looks awesome. I used to hate eggplant and then I went to Turkey, and I literally did not stop eating eggplant for two weeks.
    Dani @ Dani California Cooks recently posted…WIAW – Whole30 Week#3My Profile

• Fiona February 17, 2016, 2:30 pm

Favourite candy from a candy bin would be white & pink mice or the long gummy snakes, but really once I get in there, nearly everything is likely to end up in my bag. My go-to italian meal is seafood linguine in a tomato sauce. I’d eat that every day, though your dish looks pretty yum too!
    Fiona recently posted…Taking Care of Your Ticker: National Heart MonthMy Profile

• Shannon February 17, 2016, 4:04 pm

That eggplant looks amazing! I am not a fan of italian food, but I would definitely be if I found a place that served that 🙂
    Shannon recently posted…Pizza RollsMy Profile

• Marissa February 17, 2016, 7:07 pm

I have to say I’m jealous you can go to Dunkin! We always hit it up when we can…There’s not many of them in Indiana.
    Marissa recently posted…WIAW #13: Today’s EatsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 18, 2016, 12:09 pm

Ugh, I am sorry you don’t have dunkin! I can’t imagine since they are on every corner here.