weekend chit chat

Do people still say chit chat?

I am loving that I stick to my recent food shopping plan of only going to Trader Joe’s once a week. This week’s shop involved a full cart (they ran out of produce bags on me again!) and a container of watermelon which I snacked on and finished before getting to the register.

Sometimes the cashiers are confused by my empty containers but like hello, I get hungry. I wanted watermelon, so I ate it and now I will pay for it.

trader joe's

It may be down right frigid around here but that didn’t stop me from a manicure and pedicure. In fact, I even went with a deep pink on the toes to inspire the spring weather that really needs to arrive. Like now.

essie polish

My friend Lisa and I may be parents to boys in their Bar Mitzvah year but we both still love a good sticker. Check out these rhinestone emoji stickers! They go on your phone case! Which one should I get?! The cupcake or the rainbow or the heart?

emoji stickers

I am really not a difficult person to dine out with but if you bring me MY salad drowning in dressing, I am going to send it back. I like my dressing on the side, thanks. Most of the time, I don’t even use it.

cheesecake factory salad

For some odd reason, I didn’t order Linda’s Fudge Cake or the Factory Mud Pie. I do not like cheesecake but sometimes I do feel tricked by the Hershey’s Bar Cheesecake because it’s super chocolately and not cheesecakey. It was fine this time around but not my favorite kind of cake.

hershey bar cheesecake

Every runner knows that if you are wondering if it’s too cold to run outside, you do not ask the opinion of anyone other than a fellow runner because the average person will think you are insane. I texted Michele bright and early Saturday morning to give me the go ahead to run outside in the close to zero with the wind chill temperatures.

text with michele

When she didn’t answer within a few minutes, I knew she was outside running so I went outside too instead of the treadmill. Such a great decision – workout recap here.

Why is it that we like to eat food on sticks?

chocolate on a stick

Chocolate-covered marshmallow on a stick, heart-shaped chocolate-covered rice krispy treat on a stick and a chocolate teddy bear on a stick 🙂

I used to make chocolate-covered brownies on a stick when I had my cookie business. I forgot all about those – gosh they were good! And cute too, covered in sprinkles!

I wonder if I was the only one craving frozen yogurt yesterday when the temperature was reading -1 degrees in New York.

Red Mango Parfait

And oh hey, look what store opens this week over here!

Neiman Marcus

It’s hard to believe that February 19th is this week, time is just flying. I am totally okay with that because each passing day means a day closer to spring which means a day closer to not having to think about the weather being decent enough for running outdoors.

If you are wondering where I will be today, we are headed to the Islanders game (in Brooklyn – yes, I had to throw that in there) because tradition has it that we attend every President’s Day matinée game that the Islanders play.

But first, I will be running outside – it’s warm out today, almost 20 degrees already!

weekend chit chat #running #weekend #traderjoes #isles #cheesecakefactory #cake #chocolate #fitlfuential @redmango Click To Tweet

Best thing you ate over the weekend?

Do you snack while you do your grocery shopping?

Do you collect/did you collect stickers? I still do – Lisa Frank are my favorite!

Comments

1. says

Totally agree that any normal person would think a long run in this weather is insane! Dying over the text because I’m remembering seeing when I was almost home and hating myself for being a runner 🙂 So funny that you don’t like cheesecake because that might be the one dessert I really miss that I can’t properly recreate! The cookie dough one from CF was my fav and I used to bake my own too.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Boston Marathon Training Week 3 and Weekend PhotosMy Profile

• says

There has to be some sort of way for you to make it? Not that I know but I have faith in you. Although like my son says, when something is so so good, it’s not worth trying to figure out because it can never come close.

2. says

Thankfully it’s going to get up to the fifties by Friday this week. I am so ready for it because single digit temps are not cool, although I guess we should be grateful considering this winter has not been bad in the grand scheme of things.

I need a pedicure too; mainly because I need someone else to paint my toes. 🙂
    Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets recently posted…Week in Review: # 18My Profile

3. says

I don’t snack while grocery shopping because I try not to do that when I’m hungry, I find I make bad purchases haha. The best thing I ate this weekend was spaghetti squash and chickpeas while watching the marathon trials. It was -10 this morning when I ran so inside it was. The nicer temps this week make me think I’ll get outside tomorrow 🙂 have a great week!
    Ellie recently posted…Week In Review: BRRRR!My Profile

4. says

I’m not overly crazy about cheesecake either, but I might make exceptions for chocolate ones. And I don’t really collect them anymore (unless you consider the ones I use in my planner as a collection), but stickers used to be my JAM when I was a little kid. I found my old collection a little while ago and it brought back all the feels.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…strawberry shortcake overnight oatmeal smoothieMy Profile

5. says

I love stickers. I wish Lisa Frank was socially acceptable for a 24 year old! I tried running outdoors yesterday, made it 2 miles and knew I had to turn back so no long run this week. It’s fine, my next half isn’t until March 20th and I’d been under the weather this week, but mostly just can’t wait for warmer temps!
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Five Healthy Snack IdeasMy Profile

6. says

I haven’t gone to the grocers in two weeks! I’m trying to save money this month and see how little I can spend on groceries, so this is probably a record for me. I’ve never eaten while I was at the store because I would be worried the workers would think I’m stealing the food…I’ve never seen anyone do that around here so I think they would look at me weird! I sometimes bring my own snacks along if I haven’t eaten in a while so they probably think i’m stealing anyway.
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Homemade S’Mores [Two Ways]My Profile

• says

It’s really no problem – you just pay for it when you get up to the register. I don’t know, I have always done it since I am a kid and especially for my son – always would open a snack in the store to keep him sitting in the wagon!

7. says

We got a few inches of snow last night and the roads are not pretty today. Will be sticking to the treadmill until the weekend 🙂

Best thing I ate all weekend was the chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting I made yesterday. My mom was hosting a Valentine’s Day dinner party for her friends and asked if I could make dessert (she didn’t invite me … just my dessert hah). Anyway … Turned out SO good!
    Arthi recently posted…My Valentine’s Day Love List.My Profile

8. says

I went to Coldstone Thursday night and forgot to tell you. Oh, and I got chocolate covered strawberries from Kilwins Saturday. Meant to tell you that too. AND almost went to cheesecake factory for dessert last night after dinner… oh man. I want that chocolate covered marshmallow. So so so good. TJ’s didn’t have my chicken last night when I went. Again. Rude.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…The Crossfit PostMy Profile

9. says

I often open up cookie containers while I shop so that Callum can have a cookie and not scream. Ha! And I’ll chug the whole bottle of iced tea or whatever and bring up the empty bottle to pay for later. No problem! And I love cheesecake, and I love chocolate, but I don’t like chocolate cheesecake.
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage Monday: CenturyMy Profile

10. says

LOL, long runs in this weather is definitely insane. I would much rather do it on a treadmill ha ha. I normally don’t snack when I grocery shop, that is super interesting. I’ve been known to drink coffee but never really snack.
    Hollie recently posted…Why I love Valentines DayMy Profile

• says

I don’t know what happened but I suddenly needed a real break from the treadmill. Saturday’s run was surprisingly not cold to me – I was out there before the temps were really dropping. And if I get real hungry when grocery shopping, I always seem to grab a container of precut watermelon lol