weekend highlights

The weekend technically started Friday, well, that is if you were a kid living on Long Island. A random and sudden snow storm arrived dropping about a foot of snow Friday morning closing the schools. My son was so lucky!

snow

We dug out late in the day, not planning to go anywhere until my friend called inviting us to come for late evening snacks at the club restaurant in her community.

dinner

I had already eaten dinner and dessert, not realizing we were going out, but I never deny the chance for chocolate cake and socializing so I simply ate again.

cake

That chocolate fudge cake was so good and worth every bite! I think I always have reserved stomach space for chocolate.

My treadmill long run involved a raspberry Hammer Gel just like all of my long runs do. I have yet to try another flavor because I really like the raspberry and don’t want to mess with that.

hammer gel

Michele and I met for lunch at the Premier Diner after we both ran our 14 mile long runs (separately). Diner coffee rules because it’s endless; they just keep coming to refill it for you.

diner coffee

You know I really like Michele when I share the tomatoes from my giant greek salad with her. We tried really hard to get someone to take our picture but it’s nearly impossible to find a friendly soul in our neck of the woods so instead you get to see our food.

diner greek salad

I briefly considered going for an easy run yesterday morning simply because it would be my only day to get outside and away from the treadmill (snow all this week!) but I truly didn’t feel like it. So I didn’t.

Instead I walked over to Meaghan’s in my pajamas with my cup of coffee. Look how pretty my heart mug is next to Meaghan’s Valentine’s Day hearts!

coffee hearts

I also brought over to her house the dress I will be wearing to my son’s Bar Mitzvah with the matching shoes which I just found! Eeeeeeehhhh! My dress with the shoes just looks so pretty, I pranced around like a little girl playing dress up. Can’t wait for you to see it — after the party of course. A lady never reveals her dress ahead of time 🙂

Since I am a hockey fan and not a football fan, we can skip the Super Bowl chatter and jump right to the biggest disappointment of my weekend:

My Red Mango DID NOT participate in Red Mango’s National Frozen Yogurt Day $5 Dollar Fill Ups.

red mango

Can you imagine that I got this email days in advance, was all excited, showed up on Saturday at Red Mango ready to fill my cup only to be told I couldn’t do it for the $5.00?!

Not Okay! Which is exactly what I told them as I marched my way out the door.

My son thought I was crazy but that’s because he wasn’t the one paying.

Anyway, it’s time for a new week! It’s snowing again which means more time with the treadmill. It’s almost Spring, right?

Red Mango disappointed me & other weekend highlights #redmango @redmango #running #diner… Click To Tweet

*************

Did you have frozen yogurt for National Frozen Yogurt Day?

Where will you be running today?

Chocolate cake or cheesecake?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine February 8, 2016, 5:11 am

I had no idea it was frozen yogurt day! And today I will run outside, and hopefully tomorrow but not sure what will happen after than because of the snow we are expecting. I think each time it snows I will get a little closer to buying a treadmill…
    I love places like diners that always refill your coffee! And I actually have some plans to be in NY this spring for showers/weddings so I need to E-mail you guys and figure out if we can meet up!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Weekly Workout Recap and My Worst Run in AwhileMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma February 8, 2016, 7:19 am

Oh no you were so excited about the yogurt! Darn the fine print! Turned out even the food pictures I took from Saturday turned out blurry so I had to take your Instagram! at least I got the picture of you driving for proof! We need to figure out how to meet up more often.
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Boston Marathon Training Week 2 and WeekendMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 8, 2016, 12:11 pm

I know! I was so excited and then so disappointed lol. I can’t with the picture of me driving, so funny. And yes, we need to meet up more often. We will figure it out.

• Susie @ SuzLyfe February 8, 2016, 7:36 am

That is dumb. You practically live at Red Mango so they should give that ish to you. Chocolate cake over cheesecake, but I wouldn’t pass up a cheesecake crust, that is for certain!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…SoulCycle x Target, Blends, and Blog Inspiration WeekendMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 8, 2016, 12:11 pm

Ha, I totally ate the crust from the slice of cheesecake in the picture.

• Gretchen | Gretchruns February 8, 2016, 8:02 am

Oh no! Why didn’t they let you fill up your cup? That’s so mean! I have an off day of running, and thank goodness because I’m wiped out after my 15 miler yesterday!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Gettysburg Marathon Training : Week 5My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 8, 2016, 12:11 pm

It was so mean! They should have participated rather than annoying their customers. We all knew about it. So not fair.

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes February 8, 2016, 8:30 am

That’s so mean of Red Mango! It bothers me so much when companies have misleading ads like that. I love both cheesecake and chocolate cake but if it came to one I would choose chocolate.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Mile Markers: Lake Sammamish Half Marathon Training Week 8My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 8, 2016, 12:10 pm

It was so unfair. I don’t know why they wouldn’t just participate rather than make their customers angry. It’s one day of cutting prices.

• Arthi February 8, 2016, 8:40 am

I missed the Red Mango memo! Darn! Menchie’s did a free froyo day on February 1st, which I absolutely participated in. Their sugar cookie flavor is excellent!

No running for me today. I ended up going on an 8-miler yesterday and now my hip hates me even more. Heading to the pool this afternoon and hopefully getting in with my massage therapist tonight!
    Arthi recently posted…Where’d you go, Weekend?My Profile

• Lesq February 8, 2016, 8:41 am

Sooooooo cool that you and Michele are good friends. You both seem like such sincere and wonderful individuals and share so much in common. As invasive and intrusionary as technology can be, it does provide us with the ability to connect with people we otherwise wouldn’t. Can’t wait to see your dress and shoes after the affair. I am sure you will look gorgeous. Have a good week.

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com February 8, 2016, 9:01 am

Ugh I didn’t have frozen yogurt, and I’ve literally been craving Cold Stone for the last week. I really just need to drive over and get myself some. No run on Mondays for me–we’re supposed to get some snow I think tomorrow into Wednesday, but I’m hoping I can do my long run Saturday outside and that everything will melt. And definitely chocolate cake over cheesecake–the best chocolate cake I’ve ever had was at Cracker Barrel!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Weekend Wrap-Up+An Awesome 10KMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 8, 2016, 12:08 pm

It’s snowing here now and it’s supposed to snow the next several days! Ugh

• Ellie February 8, 2016, 9:40 am

Omg it’s national froyo day? I get done with work at 5 so I can totally go! Thanks for telling me. I’m a chocolate cake girl. Cheesecake just isn’t something I get excited for. I mean, I’ll eat it if it’s there, but I don’t dream in cheesecake layers lol
    Have a great week!
    Ellie recently posted…Week In Review: Keep SmilingMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 8, 2016, 12:07 pm

National Frozen Yogurt day was on Saturday. You missed it but don’t worry, I didn’t have any either!

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl February 8, 2016, 9:43 am

That is extremely disappointing of your Red Mango location, I’d be disappointed to. But diner omelettes are the best, I had them both days this weekend (and actually, last weekend, and quite possibly the one before that, and now that I think about it pretty much all the time in NYC).
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…Weekly Workouts + Gridiron 4M Race RecapMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 8, 2016, 12:06 pm

So upset about red mango! I was so looking forward to a giant cup for only $5

• Sarah @pickyrunner February 8, 2016, 10:32 am

Two desserts on a Friday. My kind of weekend! Sometimes you just don’t feel like running and that’s fine. I was so happy to go for a long walk saturday with my mom over anything else. It was just what I was craving. I do miss running sometimes and love taking the opportunity to run outside when I can in the winter, but if you’re not feeling it, it’s not worth it because you probably won’t enjoy it anyways.
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…TOL: Catching UpMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles February 8, 2016, 12:06 pm

yeah, it was technically a rest day but I was tempted just to run because it would have been the only day for me to get outside but I really didn’t feel like it so I didn’t.

• Suzy February 8, 2016, 11:27 am

We haven’t had any snow yet this year! And I live in Canada where most people think we live in igloos and drive dog sleds. Ha ha! I don’t really like cake but I love dense chocolate cake like a torte or a lava cake or something. You certainly wouldn’t have to twist my arm to make me eat it.
    Suzy recently posted…Mileage MondayMy Profile

• Hollie February 8, 2016, 12:04 pm

I was reading Michele’s blog too. I love meeting at diners and there is nothing better after a long run. Your Greek salad looks great.
    Hollie recently posted…Training: Possums and 71 MilesMy Profile

• Shannon February 8, 2016, 2:37 pm

I am not a fan of cheesecake so definitely chocolate cake!

• Hayley February 8, 2016, 2:54 pm

I haven’t been to a diner in so long. Looks fun and delicious! Also love that mug…so pretty!
    Hayley recently posted…Currently // February 2016My Profile

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets February 8, 2016, 8:22 pm

I’m with you; there’s always room for cake.

• Fiona February 9, 2016, 1:24 pm

National frozen yogurt day 😀 , I love it. You guys really know how to celebrate the good things in life! Think it’ll be a while before Ireland catches up!
    Fiona recently posted…Eating The Burn: WHAT to Eat ? CarbsMy Profile