What I Ate Wednesday February 3, 2016

Is it really Wednesday already? I feel all sorts of thrown off for some reason this week! Maybe because my son stayed home not feeling well on Monday? I think that is what did it. Either way, we are half way through the week and then one more week until winter break! We aren’t going away but I appreciate the break from the weekday routine of waking my son up for school and thinking about the homework assignments and projects that are due. I already went to school! Why do I feel like I am going to school all over again?

Anyway, let’s take a look at what I ate yesterday…

Breakfast:

Why must the first cup of coffee go down in two sips?

coffee

A banana before my run.

banana

The usual post-run oatmeal with blueberries, cinnamon, Skoop B Strong and peanut butter (added after taking picture).

oatmeal

Lunch:

I treated myself to Red Mango yesterday and it was worth every penny. I keep telling myself that; it was so expensive but so good!

red mango

I layered my parfait with blueberries, strawberries, Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola and dark chocolate chips. Oh and a new yogurt flavor! Chocolate covered strawberry – very mild chocolate flavor with a hint of strawberry. Really liked it.

Was it last week that I said I love watermelon to quench my thirst? It just does the hydration thing so well that I find myself stopping at Fresh market (or any market) for a quick hydration snack very often.

watermelon

Dinner:

Last night I had a craving for melted mozzarella and tomato so that’s what I made. I roasted the tomatoes, stuffed them into a baked sweet potato and then melted the cheese.

sweet potato with melted mozzarella cheese and tomato

Dessert:

There are many nights that I finish a plate like this and quickly cut up another apple for another round. I don’t know if it’s because the first apple was too small (I like them really big!), if I am still hungry or just really like the apple + peanut butter + chocolate combination.

apple with peanut butter and chocolate chips

Don’t forget to check out what everyone else is eating today 🙂

What I Ate Wednesday #wiaw #redmango #oatmeal #fitfluential @redmango Click To Tweet

*************

How many cups of coffee have you been drinking lately?

Favorite snack combination?

What’s for lunch today? Are you going out or packing it with you?

Comments

1. says

I have gotten into the habit of drinking too much coffee (up to 3 cups a day) so I have tried to only drink one and then if I want another one I make decaf and try to trick myself into thinking its regular coffee! And honestly, I havent been more tired, I think I really just enjoy the process of drinking coffee. I never understood why anyone would drink decaf but now I get it!
    Its so strange that Maryland doesn’t have a winter break. However, kids were off from school for 6 days for the blizzard so I don’t think they really need one anyway!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…I Miss Outdoor Running…My Profile

• says

[url=http://yasminbirthcontrol.science/]yasmin birth control[/url] [url=http://buy-acyclovir.in.net/]acyclovir[/url] [url=http://buy-trazodone.xyz/]trazodone[/url] [url=http://buy-nolvadex.in.net/]where can i get nolvadex[/url] [url=http://buybenicar.in.net/]additional reading[/url]

2. Carmella DiPippa says

Usually pack my lunch today I have a salad with Spinach and Kale. Your What I Ate Wednesday is making me hungry. Have a good day!

3. says

At least you cut the apple and smear the PB and dark chocolate – I take huge bites out of a Pink Lady apple, spoon PB or sunflower butter out of the jar and mainline it in between, and eat from a pile of dark chocolate chips 🙂
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #43My Profile

4. says

That sweet potato roasted tomato deal looks killer. I must try that. I’ve been drinking far too much coffee lately just because I’m using up my Starbucks gift cards from Christmas and my birthday before I lose the cards! Callum likes to rip everything out of my wallet.
    Suzy recently posted…I Want It To Be MeMy Profile

5. says

ooh apple pb and chocolate? NOW You’re talking! I love apple and any nut butter (sunflower and almond butter right now SO GOOD) but can’t believe I have never added chocolate. I’ve added honey and/or cinnamon. Yum!
    melissa recently posted…WIAW: Typical EatsMy Profile

6. says

That coffee mug! Translation: I need one of those in my life.
    Glorious cheesiness, I want your potato dinner. It looks so simple but so very satisfying.
    Also, big apples rock. I once had some that weighed [I was curious] roughly a pound each. A little too much to eat all at once, though.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…Week in review: The Self-Care EditionMy Profile

7. says

Such a good idea with the tomato, mozzarella and sweet potato… I dont know why that combo never occurred to me before but thanks for the idea! Yep, the first cup of coffee always seems to mysteriously vanish quickly as if the fairies are helping themselves when youre not looking …
    Fiona recently posted…That Friday FeelingMy Profile