Thinking About Nothing & My New Favorite Hangout

thinking out loud
1) I usually have a running list at the start of the week of things I want to say in my Thinking Out Loud post. Not this week. My mind must have turned to snow.

2) Instead of making a list to later form into legible sentences for this post, I wrote the above sentence to remind myself that as of Monday, I am thinking about nothing.

3) Is it really possible to think about nothing? Try it. It doesn’t work. If anything, you find yourself thinking about the word nothing.

4) I love Taylor Swift’s new song, Out of the Woods. Now that’s what I am thinking about over and over….Are we out of the woods yet are we out of the woods yet are we out of the woods yet are we out of the woods… Are we in the clear yet are we in the clear yet are we in the clear yet…..

5) You know you have reached official old person status when you tell your son to stop making the car radio so loud because you need to SEE where you are driving. What does a loud radio have to do with seeing? Absolutely nothing. Unless you are old. Like me now.

6) I watched The First Wives Club on television the other night. I originally saw the movie in the theaters back in 1996 when I was young (18) and naïve. I know I loved the movie then but why? What the heck did I know about being a wife or about divorce at the age of 18?

What did I know about life at all at 18? I don’t even think I knew a thing about life until I reached my thirties although I must have thought I knew it all by the age of 24.

7) Oh hey, look!  The snow is starting to melt.

snow

8) I may actually get to run outside one day again. And maybe, just maybe, when all of the giant snow mounds melt, I can run myself to Stew Leonard’s which I have yet to tell you opened real close to my house just last week.

I was there yesterday and grabbed some piping hot and fresh French toast bagels. The smell alone was edible. Seriously.

french toast bagels

If you aren’t familiar with Stew Leonard’s, it’s sort of like Disney World and grocery shopping collided.

We will have to discuss Stew Leonard’s further the more I start going but for now I will say that in addition to the singing cows, amazing bakery where they are constantly cooking up donuts and the ice cream parlor at the entrance of the store, it is definitely going to become my new favorite hangout.

Thinking about nothing and my new favorite hangout #tol #stewleonards #divorce #running @runwithspoons @stewleonards Click To Tweet

Don’t forget to check out what everyone else is thinking about today!

**********

Have you been to Stew Leonard’s? (I know they are only 5 stores over here in the Northeast)

If you were buried in snow earlier this week, are your snow mounds still crazy high or are they melting?

What’s on the workout agenda for today?

Comments

1. says

We had a little melting yesterday because it warmed up a bit, but now its freezing again so I’m sure there is lots of ice. I am trying to decide if I should make the trek to the gym again. I’m going back to my office today so I probably need to get going if I’m doing that! It’s much more tempting to just work out in my basement where I don’t have to layer up to go out in the cold at all.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Stuck At Home Again (WIAW)My Profile

2. says

We have pretty snow winter but it starts melting already. From the one side it is really cool (hello, spring!). From the other side, all my clothes and shoes became soggy after three seconds outside!

3. says

Lolol! The thing about having to turn the radio down is SO true, though! And apparently it’s actually pretty common, especially during times where you’re really concentrating — like looking for an address or trying to park. And I remember watching The First Wives Club as well, back in the day. So many feels.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…they put WHAT in my makeup?!, size matters, and puppy dog eyes (ToL #167)My Profile

4. says

Spin class + barre at lunch today for the workouts. Mixing things up! I totally turn the radio down when I’m trying to concentrate on driving. Not on the highway, but street roads for sure, usually when I don’t know exactly where I am ha
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Hawaii Part 2My Profile

5. says

I’ve never heard of that store but french toast bagels sound AMAZING. I can’t remember the last time I had a bagel, which makes me really sad. It was another snow day for me today–it’s pretty icy in D.C. and I’m tired of looking at snow piles, but I am happy it’s starting to melt. I did my 3 miler in the gym (again), and can’t wait until I can run outside again!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Weekend Wrap-Up+SnowzillaMy Profile

6. says

Disney in grocery store form? I’m sold! I’ve never been to one but a French toast bagel has my heart. I love cinnamon crunch bagels from Panera. Yup that had no relevance other than I’m not thinking about that bagel.
    Workout for today was a recovery run, which was actually really hard mentally. It’s cold outside and I didn’t sleep well last night. Hope you have a great day!
    Ellie recently posted…Running Rambles #2My Profile

7. says

My parents divorced when I was 10 and after that I was an EXPERT at divorce and marriage and relationships. Not that I have any idea what I’m doing now, but I remember having a very specific timeline for metting/marrying/having kids to ensure I would never have any sort of relationship problems. Because logic. I blew all that out of the water, either way.
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…Thoughts on TwoMy Profile

8. says

Oh my gosh, they opened a Stew’s near you? I grew up going there because of the one in Danbury, CT being 15 minutes from my parents’ house. I always loved the cows and chickens…and the ice cream/yogurt bar near the checkout counters 🙂

9. says

We had some fun in the snow yesterday up in the mountains. Do you go skiing over there on the East Coast? Do they get much powder? I’ve heard that it can be icy. Sometimes I’m just so tired that I don’t really have much to think about. 🙂 Thankful that God gives us rest.
    Emily recently posted…Recovery Series IV: Defined by LoveMy Profile

• says

Yeah Pittsburgh is in an interesting spot – the penguins are part of the islanders division yet are so far west from here! Stew Leonard’s really is cool, maybe they will continue to expand and head out of the area a bit more.

10. says

Each morning I walk outside and there is a little less snow I do a dance. And almost slip on black ice in the process. I’m sticking to the treadmill until I am sure I won’t break a leg.
    A little over 5 miles tempo’ed today and the runger is real. I now want a bagel. And I never wants bagels. I can probably count on one hand how many I have a year but that one sounds so so delicious!

11. says

Your mind turned to snow… ha ha! Make a snowman! With big muscles, holding a glass of wine and bottle of massage oil. Or, make a snow sculpture of Hugh Jackman. That works too.
    Suzy recently posted…The Switch BackMy Profile