What I Ate Wednesday 1.27.16

Time to talk food!

What I Ate Wednesday 1/27/16

Breakfast:

My breakfast has basically looked like this picture for the last several days. That’s what happens when you have fresh blueberries in the house. They overtake your oatmeal.

oatmeal with blueberries

Lunch:

I have been rotating two lunches – one sweet when I am in the mood for sweet and one a little more savory for the rare occasion when savory cravings strike.

First the sweet combo….

Grain free English muffin with peanut butter and blueberries.

grain free english muffin with peanut butter and blueberries

And now the savory…

I wanted something to eat with the plantains I bought the other day so I made an omelette. Or we can call it a scramble since it fell apart but whatever we call it, it was good and I have had it a few times since Friday.

omelette with plantains

Dinner:

I wish I always had the patience to let my sweet potatoes roast for a long time because when I leave them alone in the oven for a good 40 minutes, they come out the best.

I love them so crispy! I sprinkled these sweet potato wedges with garlic powder and paprika which is a winning combination, served with quinoa and roasted vegetables.

power bowl

Dessert:

I took the granola cookie crumble thing that I baked over the weekend and crumbled it on top of an apple with peanut butter. Best dessert idea.

apple with crumbled cookie

I wish I could say I am heading outside for a run but I still live in fear of the 8 foot snow mounds in my community blocking my ability to see cars and their ability to see me. Oh well, gym it is!

What I Ate Wednesday Fun! #WIAW #blueberries #peanutbutter #sweet #savory #fitfluential Click To Tweet

Click here to see what everyone else is eating today!

*************

Do you get impatient when you are roasting sweet potatoes or vegetables in the oven?

Favorite lunch lately?

Favorite way to eat blueberries? Plain, in oatmeal, baked into something?

• Marina @ Snackie Bird January 27, 2016, 4:47 am

My favorite way to eat blueberries include nut butter. Just take one tablespoon of nut butter and sprinkle some blueberries on top of it. When eat. So easy and so delicious!

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma January 27, 2016, 5:23 am

I agree about the sweet potatoes and it’s the one thing I don’t compromise on. If I know I won’t have enough time I’ll even roast them earlier and then re-crisp in the over when it’s time to eat! Luckily they’re more forgiving than white potatoes that way. Love the plantains!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…WIAW – Leftovers, Extra Snacks, and TreatsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 27, 2016, 1:00 pm

I love when I think to make the potatoes ahead of time and then heat them up at night to recrisp. So good like that!

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine January 27, 2016, 5:50 am

It’s so important to let the sweet potatoes roast for long enough! I have patience with this too because it really is the key to getting them nice and crispy. Your egg scramble looks like my breakfast most days (well weekend days when I am home and have time to cook) but usually i have sweet potatoes instead of plantains because (as I told you the other day) I can never find them in the store.
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Stuck At Home Again (WIAW)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 27, 2016, 12:59 pm

I wish more stores sold them. I find it funny that TJ doesn’t sell them but Shoprite does.

• Emily January 27, 2016, 7:28 am

I love your new graphic for WIAW. I need to make one of those! We’re going to go out snowboarding today. Praying that it will be safe! :))
    Emily recently posted…What’s The Deal with Ideal Weights?My Profile

• Emily January 27, 2016, 7:29 am

And 8 foot snow mounds are a legit reason to stay inside. O_O
    Emily recently posted…What’s The Deal with Ideal Weights?My Profile

• Arthi January 27, 2016, 7:52 am

I once got so impatient roasting sweet potatoes at my mom’s condo that I turned the oven to broil and ended up catching her oven (and my sweet potatoes) on fire (but just a tiny one). Oops! Lesson learned.

Favorite way to eat blueberries is in a muffin 🙂
    Arthi recently posted…Monday Night Confessions – Part 44.My Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe January 27, 2016, 8:22 am

Girl, I am impatient about everything. And then I pull a Guy Fieri and burn my mouth. SO IMPATIENT
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Hungry Root Copycat Sriracha Peanut Sauce (Gluten Free, Vegan)My Profile

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes January 27, 2016, 8:25 am

I definitely agree that the longer the roast, the better the potatoes! I eat blueberries by the handful if we have them, but I also love them on oatmeal or in yogurt.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…How to Run a Sub 1:45 Half Marathon (or Any Goal Half Marathon Time)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 27, 2016, 12:57 pm

I just need to have patience to keep them roasting a long time! I am always picking them out from the oven.

• Gretchen | Gretchruns January 27, 2016, 8:27 am

Love all the blueberries! They look so great..one of my favorite snacks! When we saw them at the store, Dan asked me what you use fresh blueberries for. I just shook my head..and I’ll have to send him this post!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…WIAW : Running on Whole30 EditionMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 27, 2016, 8:59 am

Omg I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve burned the roof of my mouth because I was too impatient to wait for my veggies to finish roasting. Either that or I’ll pick away at a few when they’re not quite done just because I don’t want to wait the extra 10 or 15 minutes 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…soft and chewy double chocolate banana cookiesMy Profile

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl January 27, 2016, 9:25 am

Fresh blueberries…wish I had some of those! I had some in a fruit salad this weekend at brunch, but too pricey otherwise. I need to try roasting some plantains alongside my sweet potatoes soon, definitely a warming winter combo!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #42: First Week of EliminationMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 27, 2016, 12:56 pm

The blueberries are on sale again this week. Not summer cheap but getting there!

• Shannon January 27, 2016, 10:11 am

Roasting vegetables takes forever! It is torture to wait for them to cook when you are starving!
    Shannon recently posted…S’mores BarsMy Profile

• Ellie January 27, 2016, 10:19 am

I love blueberries in yogurt or on top of cereal. A great blueberry muffin is wonderful sometimes too. Heck, blueberries are great anytime. I usually forget about the things I am roasting so I have the opposite problem. The timer on my oven has been my saving grace. You’ve got me craving plantains now!
    Ellie recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday [More bananas and green stuff]My Profile

• Hayley January 27, 2016, 11:10 am

That dessert looks bomb.com. And YES to being impatient when roasting potatoes in the oven…I find that I need to do that when I still have some left ready for me to eat. I will eat my last roasted potato while roasting new ones…I’m weird.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 27, 2016, 12:55 pm

That’s the smart way to do it so you don’t pick at the ones cooking! I am always picking.

• Sarah @pickyrunner January 27, 2016, 11:48 am

I am so impatient when it comes to cooking potatoes so I usually end up microwaving them. But it’s worth it when I do bake them until they’re crispy. So with you on the snowbanks. Not worth it. yoga it is for me!
    Sarah @pickyrunner recently posted…Hawaii Part 1My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 27, 2016, 12:55 pm

I microwave to soften and then roast them to save some of the time. Love them crispy.

• Arman @ thebigmansworld January 27, 2016, 12:45 pm

Okay, blueberries are cheap down there? I’m jealous!

Also, I just made more English Muffins haha. I’m seriously never buying store bought again!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy 3 Ingredient No Bake Paleo Protein BarsMy Profile

• Suzy January 27, 2016, 1:43 pm

I don’t like warm fruit. The thought of biting into a warm smushy blueberry freaks me right out. I’m a big texture person. I’d eat frozen blueberries though, no problem!
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: Stretch It, SickosMy Profile

• Fiona January 27, 2016, 2:44 pm

Dinner looks great! Sweet potatoes roasted for ages are the best and it works really well for butternut squash too 🙂
    Fiona recently posted…Eating the Burn Series: Long Run DayMy Profile

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood January 27, 2016, 3:07 pm

Excuse me while I go make your dessert right now.. yum! I like super crispy roasted potatoes as well. Sometimes I use a ridiculous amount of oil (ooops) and let them go as long as I can and they’re unbelievable!
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday: Shrinking Stomach and AppetiteMy Profile

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com January 27, 2016, 3:39 pm

I don’t get impatient waiting for stuff in the oven, but I do get impatient waiting for water to boil! I love blueberries on oatmeal, those and raspberries are probably my favorite fruit to add. I’ve also been loving plantains with breakfast lately!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Weekend Wrap-Up+SnowzillaMy Profile

• Dani @ Dani California Cooks January 27, 2016, 5:03 pm

I’ve never tried fresh blueberries on PB toast before, but that looks super delicious!
    Dani @ Dani California Cooks recently posted…WIAW – I still exist, I promiseMy Profile

• masala girl January 27, 2016, 10:26 pm

ohmy i’ve all over baked potatoes lately and those look sooo good! <3 also, the blueberries! the organic ones are sortofish cheaper than their normal super expensive selves, so i bought a few! theyre delicious!!
    masala girl recently posted…WIAW – whole30 & dorm cookingMy Profile

• Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat January 28, 2016, 11:19 am

I in no way have patience waiting for something to roast when I am getting near a meal time so I make them ahead. I like all of my veggies to be nice and crisp so leave them in for a long time!
    Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted…TOL: Random TangentsMy Profile

• Jen January 28, 2016, 11:32 am

I hope you’re running outside again soon! The pictures I’ve seen of the snow are so crazy!
    Jen recently posted…Recent Eats: My First Whole30 Days 21-25My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 28, 2016, 1:11 pm

I am hoping to get outside for my long run on Saturday! The mounds are still pretty high but have been melting all week so by Saturday, I feel like I can outside – I hope!