What I Ate Wednesday 1.20.16

I am off to the city a little later this morning for event industry stuff and part of me wonders if I should be schlepping myself across town to the upper west side to pick up my number for Sunday’s half marathon. It was my original plan, to pick up the number today, but with the way the weekend weather is looking, I honestly do not think I will be needing my number.

I am not really bothered by the fact that I probably won’t be able to run this race, in case you were wondering. Of course I signed up because I wanted to run but it’s January which means I sort of knew there was a chance that the winter weather would interfere. We shall see I guess!

Anyway, what I ate yesterday…

Breakfast:

Early morning small bowl of oatmeal with banana and coffee before my treadmill run < – must have food in my stomach to run!

pre run oatmeal

I picked up a big bag of mandarin oranges at Trader Joe’s the other day. Not only does my son love the cute little mandarin oranges but I love them too especially when added to oatmeal.

Here’s an ugly sneak peek inside my post run oatmeal in a jar which contains the mandarin oranges mixed with oatmeal, blueberries, Skoop B Strong, and peanut butter.

oats in a jar

My biggest problem lately is that I don’t leave enough peanut butter at the bottom of these jars to be eaten with the oatmeal.

Lunch:

Get used to seeing the grain free English muffin with peanut butter and jelly because I have been eating it every day that I am home for lunch.

grain free english muffin with peanut butter

I haven’t been working from Panera recently. I don’t know what happened but I somehow fell out of the habit. So, instead of buying a cup of coffee, I treat myself it seems to a Kombucha if I am somewhere that I see one < – My local Target now carries Synergy which means Target shops are going to have to be reduced just like my grocery shops during the week!

Synergy Kombucha

Dinner:

Just a quick and routine veggie loaded stir fry with chick peas and brown rice.

stir fry

After Dinner Snack:

I can’t call popcorn dessert because dessert = sweet and this popcorn was not sweet. So let’s just call it my after dinner snack.

popcorn

I didn’t even know it was National Popcorn Day yesterday when I decided to pop up this bowl!

Take a peak at what I ate yesterday #WIAW #oatmeal @healthyskoop #popcorn #fitfluential Click To Tweet

Check out what everyone else is eating today here.

********************

Do you like to have a sweet or salty snack after dinner?

How is the weather by you today?

• Faith VanderMolen January 20, 2016, 5:30 am

I would eat everything you ate this day! I’m on an intense PB kick so I love how much it showed up in your meals. Yummmm!
    Faith VanderMolen recently posted…WIAW: 20 Mile Bike RideMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma January 20, 2016, 5:37 am

I almost always go sweet after dinner and that’s the only time I do really 🙂 I’m now dreaming about the weather forecast for Saturday-Sunday and also about a treadmill that wouldn’t turn on? Definitely running anxiety!

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 7:00 pm

A treadmill that doesn’t turn on is not ok and neither is this weather! lol I have just accepted I am not running it and going about my business.

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine January 20, 2016, 5:38 am

I never eat popcorn anymore (just because I forget about it) but whenever someone makes it at work it smells so good! I still can’t believe the forecast for the weekend. I still think you should go get your packet just in case!:)
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…5 Strategies For Breaking Through A Racing PlateauMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 5:41 am

Ha! I decided no way am I spending the money to trek across the city when I probably won’t run, will just be more money wasted! If things change, I will get it Sunday, but it’s looking doubtful.

• Marina @ Snackie Bird January 20, 2016, 6:29 am

Sweet snack after dinner, obviously;) Does it seems weird if I say that I was shocked without seeing apple with peanut butter in your WIAW 😀
    Marina @ Snackie Bird recently posted…Время душевной едыMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 6:59 pm

Ha! I definitely had some slices of apple at some point during the day, I am sure. I eat them with pb every day!

• Susie @ SuzLyfe January 20, 2016, 6:57 am

We all know that I have a popcorn obsession. And I don’t think that will ever die. Whenever I am confronted by the potential to not run a race because of whether, if it is a goal race and I’ve been training hard for it, it can really suck. But honestly, NOT running it would be preferable to running this race in these conditions!
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Quick, Clean, and Healthy Cabo Shrimp Jicama Tacos (Gluten Free)My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 6:58 pm

Exactly. No way will I run or drive to a race in bad conditions. I hope they cancel it!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes January 20, 2016, 7:23 am

I don’t blame you for not going to pick up your packet! We were hearing already in London how that storm may interfere with flights.
    I always go for sweet snacks after dinner, especially chocolate and fruit.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…5 Strategies for Breaking Through a Racing Plateau {Running Out of Wine}My Profile

• Cora January 20, 2016, 7:24 am

I feel like I’m always trying to have something savory for my bedtime snack… but sweet (aka chocolate) allllways wins out. Movie theater though = popcorn. I’ve never thought of adding mandarins to oatmeal. Will have to try!
    Cora recently posted…WIAW: Ch-ch-ch-changesMy Profile

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood January 20, 2016, 8:11 am

I put mandarin’s in everything, but I never thought to put them in oatmeal! I’ll have to try it! Also, that chickpea stir fry is such a good idea! My toddler is on an off in liking chicken, but he always loves beans!
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday: Salad or Burrito Bowl?My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 6:57 pm

chick peas in stir frys make it so fast to cook! So much easier than chicken.

• Emily January 20, 2016, 8:41 am

Definitely a sweet snack… I’m definitely a sweet tooth gal. 🙂 I’m glad that God made us with so many different kinds of tastebuds.
    Emily recently posted…WIAW: So Much Good FoodMy Profile

• Gretchen | Gretchruns January 20, 2016, 8:49 am

The weather is cold, but clear! I got to see a beautiful sun rise this morning so all is well. I love the Synergy drinks so I’ll have to look for that at Target!
    Gretchen | Gretchruns recently posted…Favorite Etsy FindsMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 6:56 pm

I love them too and at a least target is cheaper. Plus I use my red card to save even more 🙂

• Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl January 20, 2016, 9:31 am

Just a heads up, I emailed NYRR to ask if I really need to schlep to the UWS on my lunch hour this week, and they said it’s on so far…
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #41My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 6:55 pm

I bet they don’t call it until Sunday morning – they will wait to see what actually falls. Last I heard it’s Saturday into sunday so I do not plan on going. It’s not worth it for me to drive in bad weather or to run on snow/ice. I hope they cancel it or that it suddenly doesn’t snow at all!

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com January 20, 2016, 9:39 am

I definitely prefer something sweet after dinner, usually dark chocolate with a little bit of almond butter. Sorry to hear about the weather potentially impacting your race–DC area is supposed to get 10-12 inches of snow this weekend. Looks like I may have to do my 7 miler Friday instead of Saturday.
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Why I Decided To Throw Out My ScaleMy Profile

• Suzy January 20, 2016, 10:01 am

I used to live and breathe for sweet snacks but lately it’s been all about salty. Our weather actually isn’t too bad! It’s not freezing, but it’s just above as a low and then a few degrees more for the high. But NO RAIN. Yet.
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: It’s SensitiveMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 6:54 pm

We have had such a mild winter so far, until this week. Of course the same time as a race I paid for! lol.

• Ellie January 20, 2016, 10:23 am

The weather today is actually perfect for winter. It’s snowing out but the temperature is 25 degrees so it’s not too cold. Yesterday was windy and freezing which was kind of terrible.
    That’s too bad about the race. January races are great for getting the mojo back and just having fun. If you still decide to run, at least the pressure is off because the weather determines your time. A blessing in disguise.
    Ellie recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday [Mad About Macaroni]My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 6:53 pm

I do not plan on running this race, I am sort of hoping they cancel it and I can get my money back! I don’t know that I will but even if it’s on, it’s not worth running in the snow and ice.

• Ruthie January 20, 2016, 11:18 am

I just bought some cutie oranges – love them, but haven’t ever tried them in oatmeal!
    Ruthie recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday – Nutrition Jumpstart EatsMy Profile

• rachel @ Athletic Avocado January 20, 2016, 1:08 pm

I saw those mandarins at TJ’s last week and I’ll have to try them in my oatmeal, that sounds delicious!
    rachel @ Athletic Avocado recently posted…Jelly Donut Mug Cake {Paleo, GF + Vegan option}My Profile

• Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat January 20, 2016, 1:12 pm

I have a popcorn for “dessert” habit that won’t probably be kicked any time soon! Jars of nut butter are gone in an instant so for the sake of fitting into my clothes I don’t buy it. It’s sad.
    Is it odd that I am a little happy that the weekend might be ruined by the weather? I just HATE having to walk through the slush to work. Prefer to not have to leave my apartment if at all possible during storms!
    Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted…Half Marathon Training: 1/11/16 – 1/17/16My Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 6:51 pm

I don’t know what I would eat if I didn’t eat peanut butter every day. it’s such a major part of my diet!

• Fiona January 20, 2016, 1:23 pm

That’s too bad about the race but unfortunately just one of those things where there’s not much you can do about it. There’ll be other races 🙂 On a happier note, I love mandarin oranges. Taste brilliant and even the colour of them picks me right up!
    Fiona recently posted…Paris Marathon: Food and TrainingMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 6:51 pm

Yeah, I am not that bothered by the race issue, I can run 13 miles whenever I want!

• Arthi January 20, 2016, 1:53 pm

It’s in the 20s today in Chicago which makes it feel like a heatwave!

Always gotta have a sweet snack post-dinner. I recently bought a little to-go pack of Teddy Graham’s and have been dipping them in Nutella … Hits the spot every time!
    Arthi recently posted…Desperate Times.My Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 20, 2016, 2:59 pm

Ok so I’ve been totally addicted to those little Cuties lately, but I’ve never thought to put them in my oatmeal. Genius! The only problem is that I only have one left, so I’m hoping it’ll last until tomorrow 😆
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…chunky monkey breakfast bakeMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 6:50 pm

So good in oatmeal! I think I did am oatmeal recipe using one in the spring. I have to check. Really good warmed up, doesn’t appear like it should be but it is, especially with blueberries.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 20, 2016, 3:16 pm

I love the cuties because they’re so easy to peel and eat. In fact, I polished off two mere moments ago, followed shortly thereafter by a pear and a kiwi. Between that and this morning’s smoothie, I’m definitely got my fruit intake covered. 🙂

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 20, 2016, 6:49 pm

I went through a cantaloupe phase when I was pregnant. I was picking up a fresh one every single day for a while.

• Shannon January 20, 2016, 5:20 pm

I NEED something sweet after dinner. I always have some form of dessert!
    Shannon recently posted…Protein Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip MuffinsMy Profile