What I Ate Wednesday 1.20.16

I am off to the city a little later this morning for event industry stuff and part of me wonders if I should be schlepping myself across town to the upper west side to pick up my number for Sunday’s half marathon. It was my original plan, to pick up the number today, but with the way the weekend weather is looking, I honestly do not think I will be needing my number.

I am not really bothered by the fact that I probably won’t be able to run this race, in case you were wondering. Of course I signed up because I wanted to run but it’s January which means I sort of knew there was a chance that the winter weather would interfere. We shall see I guess!

Anyway, what I ate yesterday…

Breakfast:

Early morning small bowl of oatmeal with banana and coffee before my treadmill run < – must have food in my stomach to run!

pre run oatmeal

I picked up a big bag of mandarin oranges at Trader Joe’s the other day. Not only does my son love the cute little mandarin oranges but I love them too especially when added to oatmeal.

Here’s an ugly sneak peek inside my post run oatmeal in a jar which contains the mandarin oranges mixed with oatmeal, blueberries, Skoop B Strong, and peanut butter.

oats in a jar

My biggest problem lately is that I don’t leave enough peanut butter at the bottom of these jars to be eaten with the oatmeal.

Lunch:

Get used to seeing the grain free English muffin with peanut butter and jelly because I have been eating it every day that I am home for lunch.

grain free english muffin with peanut butter

I haven’t been working from Panera recently. I don’t know what happened but I somehow fell out of the habit. So, instead of buying a cup of coffee, I treat myself it seems to a Kombucha if I am somewhere that I see one < – My local Target now carries Synergy which means Target shops are going to have to be reduced just like my grocery shops during the week!

Synergy Kombucha

Dinner:

Just a quick and routine veggie loaded stir fry with chick peas and brown rice.

stir fry

After Dinner Snack:

I can’t call popcorn dessert because dessert = sweet and this popcorn was not sweet. So let’s just call it my after dinner snack.

popcorn

I didn’t even know it was National Popcorn Day yesterday when I decided to pop up this bowl!

Take a peak at what I ate yesterday #WIAW #oatmeal @healthyskoop #popcorn #fitfluential Click To Tweet

Check out what everyone else is eating today here.

********************

Do you like to have a sweet or salty snack after dinner?

How is the weather by you today?

Comments

1. says

I almost always go sweet after dinner and that’s the only time I do really 🙂 I’m now dreaming about the weather forecast for Saturday-Sunday and also about a treadmill that wouldn’t turn on? Definitely running anxiety!

• says

Ha! I decided no way am I spending the money to trek across the city when I probably won’t run, will just be more money wasted! If things change, I will get it Sunday, but it’s looking doubtful.

2. says

I feel like I’m always trying to have something savory for my bedtime snack… but sweet (aka chocolate) allllways wins out. Movie theater though = popcorn. I’ve never thought of adding mandarins to oatmeal. Will have to try!
    Cora recently posted…WIAW: Ch-ch-ch-changesMy Profile

• says

I bet they don’t call it until Sunday morning – they will wait to see what actually falls. Last I heard it’s Saturday into sunday so I do not plan on going. It’s not worth it for me to drive in bad weather or to run on snow/ice. I hope they cancel it or that it suddenly doesn’t snow at all!

3. says

I used to live and breathe for sweet snacks but lately it’s been all about salty. Our weather actually isn’t too bad! It’s not freezing, but it’s just above as a low and then a few degrees more for the high. But NO RAIN. Yet.
    Suzy recently posted…Woozy Wednesday: It’s SensitiveMy Profile

4. says

The weather today is actually perfect for winter. It’s snowing out but the temperature is 25 degrees so it’s not too cold. Yesterday was windy and freezing which was kind of terrible.
    That’s too bad about the race. January races are great for getting the mojo back and just having fun. If you still decide to run, at least the pressure is off because the weather determines your time. A blessing in disguise.
    Ellie recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday [Mad About Macaroni]My Profile

• says

I do not plan on running this race, I am sort of hoping they cancel it and I can get my money back! I don’t know that I will but even if it’s on, it’s not worth running in the snow and ice.

5. says

I have a popcorn for “dessert” habit that won’t probably be kicked any time soon! Jars of nut butter are gone in an instant so for the sake of fitting into my clothes I don’t buy it. It’s sad.
    Is it odd that I am a little happy that the weekend might be ruined by the weather? I just HATE having to walk through the slush to work. Prefer to not have to leave my apartment if at all possible during storms!
    Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat recently posted…Half Marathon Training: 1/11/16 – 1/17/16My Profile

6. says

That’s too bad about the race but unfortunately just one of those things where there’s not much you can do about it. There’ll be other races 🙂 On a happier note, I love mandarin oranges. Taste brilliant and even the colour of them picks me right up!
    Fiona recently posted…Paris Marathon: Food and TrainingMy Profile

7. says

It’s in the 20s today in Chicago which makes it feel like a heatwave!

Always gotta have a sweet snack post-dinner. I recently bought a little to-go pack of Teddy Graham’s and have been dipping them in Nutella … Hits the spot every time!
    Arthi recently posted…Desperate Times.My Profile

• says

So good in oatmeal! I think I did am oatmeal recipe using one in the spring. I have to check. Really good warmed up, doesn’t appear like it should be but it is, especially with blueberries.

8. says

I love the cuties because they’re so easy to peel and eat. In fact, I polished off two mere moments ago, followed shortly thereafter by a pear and a kiwi. Between that and this morning’s smoothie, I’m definitely got my fruit intake covered. 🙂