Would you believe I made it another whole week without going food shopping?! I’m all excited about this ridiculously minor feat in my life but I remain convinced that getting myself down to one good food shop a week will save me some money and free up my errand-running time for other things.
I am also learning how much I need to buy so that we can get through the week. Like, make sure to overbuy the frozen vegetables (I eat more than I think), overstock the apples (I eat more than I think), never assume you have enough sweet potatoes and always make sure to fill the pantry.
While I normally share our dinner plan on Friday for next week, I am skipping it today because next week is looking a little hectic. We won’t be home Sunday night (Islanders game!), Monday is a day off (we may be out?) and I will be in the city for an event one day as well. Along with all of that, it’s a taper week for me which means routine meals with lots of potatoes.
So instead of selecting recipes that I know I won’t make, let’s talk about my Trader Joe’s Pantry Favorites!
Since my Trader Joe’s Frozen Favorites post was so widely appreciated, I put together my Trader Joe’s Pantry Favorites which includes a good chunk of the food in our house.
I tried to keep this post to what I typically purchase; there’s so much good stuff at Trader Joe’s that it can be hard to narrow down to a list!
Sauces, Soups & Oil:
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce
- Island Soyaki
- Organic Ketchup
- Tomato sauce < – I play around with which I buy
- Organic Tomato Paste
- Low Sodium Diced Tomatoes
- Low Sodium Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Balsamic Vinegar
Peanut Butter & Jelly:
- Apple Cranberry Butter
- Organic Raspberry Preserves
- Chia & Flax Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Organic beans (kidney, black beans, chick peas, white beans)
- Green Lentils
- Tri-Color quinoa
- Pasta (whole wheat & regular)
- Ezekiel bread
- Whole Wheat English Muffins
- Mini Whole Wheat Pita Breads
Chocolate, Candy & Cookies:
So many chocolates to choose from!
- 100 Calorie Dark Chocolate Bars
- Pound Plus Dark Chocolate Bar
- Semi – Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Semi – Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- Cocoa Powder
- European Sipping Chocolate
- Midnight Moo < – Chocolate Syrup
- Organic Jelly Beans
- Chocolate Cat Cookies
- 100 Calorie Pack Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies < – Haven’t seen recently?
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Coconut Sugar
- Coconut Flour
- Organic Whipping Cream
Dried Fruit & Nuts:
They have a great nut section but I don’t really buy the nuts. I buy the dried cranberries and raisins.
- Organic Popcorn kernels
- Kettlecorn popcorn (small bags)
- Honey wheat pretzel sticks
- Peach Salsa
- Organic Steel Cut Oats
- Organic Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Oat Bran
- Chia Seeds
- All the Spices
- Coffee K-Cups
- Almond Milk
- Quest Bars
Other Trader Joe’s posts of interest:
Trader Joe's Pantry Favorites #traderjoes #favorites #groceries #foodshop Click To Tweet
What are some of your Trader Joe’s pantry favorites?
3 things you are doing this weekend?