What I Ate Wednesday (From Sunday)

Here’s a good look at my day and what I ate on Sunday, you know, the day before coming back to reality this week. It hasn’t been so bad actually.

Sometimes it’s more in our heads than anything else and my son has been real good about getting up in the morning which I haven’t understood but I certainly won’t question.

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

Breakfast:

Strawberries were a decent price at ShopRite (where I ended up food shopping on New Years Day because Trader Joe’s was closed which is something I need to remember every year instead of showing up to a closed store) so I was really excited to mix things up and add the fresh berries to my bowl of oatmeal after finishing a Pure Barre workout.

I had a banana and a spoonful or two of oatmeal (to taste it after cooking the pot) before Pure Barre.

oatmeal

The oatmeal is mixed with Skoop B Strong, almond milk, cinnamon, peanut butter and strawberries.

I headed over to my friend’s house later in the morning to go over a bunch of the planning details for my son’s Bar Mitzvah. One of my dearest and bestest friends is an amazing event planner and is kind enough to “work” with me to ensure I cover all of the bases and get exactly what we want and need from our vendors.

She is also kind enough to always have coffee, water and watermelon to enjoy while we collaborate.

watermelon

Lunch:

I came home from her house and quickly made one of Arman’s grain free English muffins (because I am obsessed) with lots of peanut butter and jelly. I really prefer these grain free English muffins due to their protein content because they really fill me up yet somehow, taste just like a regular English muffin.

grain free english muffin

My son arrived home shortly after I finished my last bite only to tell me he was hungry and wanted Moe’s. I agreed to take him mainly because I wanted to play with the soda fountain of Dasani fruit flavored waters. I mixed the lemon and strawberry again!

Moe's

Dinner:

So I had this big package of chicken cutlets from Whole Foods in my freezer that I just needed to cook already. I made two kinds of chicken for my son (baked chicken parm and grilled chicken cutlets) and also a batch of quinoa to eat throughout the week.

While that was all cooking, I also sautéed a bunch of vegetables and diced sweet potatoes in tomato sauce for myself to have over quinoa < – Basically my Italian Style Power Bowl recipe.

power bowl

Dessert:

My son talked me into going to an early evening movie (Daddy’s Home with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg- so funny!) which I didn’t really want to go to because I feel like Sunday evenings, especially after a long break from school, are meant to be spent at home. I went to the movie however, after careful thought, because had we stayed home, I would have had to listen to him complain about going back to school so the almost two hours of forced silence was a really good idea.

I had a peanut butter and mini chocolate chips spoon (picture from yesterday’s post!) before we left.

peanut butter chocolate chips

When we got home, I had an apple. And probably more peanut butter and chocolate chips because I really can’t have an apple plain these days.

apple

What I Ate Wednesday #WIAW #oatmeal @peanutbutter #grainfree #fitfluential Click To Tweet

Check what everyone else is eating here!

***************

Which fruits have you been eating lately?

What was for dinner last night?

Which nut butter are you loving right now?

• Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine January 6, 2016, 5:27 am

You just made me realize that I have not been eating fruit this week! Not sure how that happened, but it needs to change. I guess since I stopped eating bananas in the morning thats one less fruit, and we are having a hard time finding good stuff in the stores lately. But I usually have apple in the house, and I have no idea why I didn’t buy more last weekend!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…Getting Organized to Achieve your GoalsMy Profile

• Michele @ paleorunningmomma January 6, 2016, 5:42 am

Yes we’re both on the same page with back to reality! I’m glad you went to the movie. I’m always inclined to stay home Sunday nights but if I do something I’m in a better mood!
    Michele @ paleorunningmomma recently posted…Everything I Ate On January 2nd {Back to Reality}My Profile

• Susie @ SuzLyfe January 6, 2016, 6:59 am

I’ve been craving fruits but I have none! I’m so bad. I’m so excited to get to Mexico and have fresh fresh fresh EVERYTHING.
    Also, those hors d’oeurves fork things are amazing and everything I’ve ever wanted.
    Susie @ SuzLyfe recently posted…Tips for New Runners and Fitness Newbies from Coach SuzMy Profile

• Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl January 6, 2016, 8:10 am

I love Arman’s microwave GF english muffin and pumpkin scone for a breakfast that is so easy to whip up, warm and filling for winter with peanut butter like yours 🙂
    Alyssa @ Renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #39: Ringing in 2016My Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 6, 2016, 9:17 am

Omg watermelon! I can’t even tell you how bad I miss having more fruits around, especially the melons. All I’ve been eating lately has been bananas, apples, oranges, and pears, and while I love them, I’d kill for some honeydew, grapes, blueberries, or strawberries 😥

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 8, 2016, 2:04 pm

Laughing that we just discussed this and I am reading it now. You need watermelon in your life!

• Laura @ This Runner's Recipes January 6, 2016, 9:55 am

That watermelon looks delicious! I had pineapple over Christmas and it was so amazing that I need to buy more. I’ve been eating a lot of pears, bananas, and apples lately but really miss berries.
    Laura @ This Runner’s Recipes recently posted…Whole30 for Runners: Why This Running Coach Won’t Recommend ItMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 8, 2016, 1:59 pm

I miss the berries too, I couldn’t get strawberries on sale today, so annoying! I did get a package of watermelon though, love it.

• Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood January 6, 2016, 9:59 am

Craving your dinner now! Thanks a lot, because now I definitely need to go to the store today to get the stuff to make it.. 😉
    Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday: First Day Gluten FreeMy Profile

• Jen@bubblyrunner.com January 6, 2016, 10:27 am

Last night I made a chicken, quinoa, and avocado soup from the Skinnytaste cookbook and it was yum! I love quinoa. I’m also loving almond butter on top of a piece of dark chocolate in the evenings!
    Jen@bubblyrunner.com recently posted…Rock n Roll Half Marathon Training PlanMy Profile

• lucky13 January 6, 2016, 12:42 pm

This all looks amazing. You’re inspiring me to eat better – I love stir fry or crock pot dishes with quinoa, I rarely make rice anymore.

• Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me January 6, 2016, 2:32 pm

You ended the night PERFECTLY. I want that spoon x100!
    Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me recently posted…Winter Break (WIAW) My last week home!My Profile

• Cora January 6, 2016, 3:48 pm

That may be the creamiest looking bowl of oats I’ve ever seen! Sure wish I could find some strawberries on sale these days. I’ve been chowing down on pears like nobody’s business. Good call on going to the movie! I often have to debate whether to go or not, but am almost always glad I did (a little silence = bliss)
    Cora recently posted…WIAW: It’s BiochemistryMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 8, 2016, 1:57 pm

I wish the strawberries were on sale again this week! Ugh, ready for summer fruit and summer fruit prices.

• Fiona January 6, 2016, 4:50 pm

Cashew nut butter is my favourite right now and I seem to be craving melon a lot recently. A big bowl of honeydew melon is a daily occurrence at the moment and I love it! Dinner last night was roasted whole sea bream, quinoa and stir fried veg…messy yet delicious 😀
    Fiona recently posted…Saucony Sonic Reflex Jacket : In ReviewMy Profile

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 8, 2016, 1:55 pm

I am totally craving watermelon lately! wish it was cheaper this time of year.

• Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 6, 2016, 8:53 pm

I’ve been on a huge fruit kick lately and just took some blueberries out of the freezer that I picked and froze this summer. I’m super pumped to eat some tomorrow.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles January 8, 2016, 1:15 pm

remind me over the summer when the blueberries are so cheap to freeze them!