Yesterday’s Run & WIAW

After talking yesterday about running on the treadmill, I actually got to run outside because I ran a little later than normal…And I disliked just about every step.

I am so routine that running at a different time (we are only talking an hour or so later) threw me off completely. I was hungry, tired, irritable and wishing I was done before I even started. I never found my groove for this run and my upper body felt out of sync with my lower half the entire time.

8 miles later and I was still in a mood…until I saw that Amanda from Run To The Finish included me in her list of Running Blogs To Follow.

There’s a great group of bloggers in her list so make sure you check it out! She seriously made my day by including me and helped me snap out of my weird running jet lag funk 🙂

Anyway, its Wednesday which means it’s time to talk food!

WHAT-I-ATE-WEDNESDAY-NEW-BUTTON-PEAS-AND-CRAYONS

Breakfast:

Pre-run oatmeal with banana and coffee. You know the dishwasher needs to be run when I am using the sprinkle ice cream bowls for breakfast.

oatmeal

Post-run three ingredient pancake (with blueberries and peanut butter on top). My flipping skills have returned although I don’t think it was my flipping that was the issue lately — I wasn’t letting the pan warm up enough and then I wasn’t remaining patient for the pancake to cook before flipping.

three ingredient pancake

Lunch:

Lunch on Monday was in the mini meal snacking version.

First slice of peanut butter and jelly on Ezekiel toast with banana around 11:00 am.

peanut butter and jelly toast

Second slice two hours later, this time with peanut butter and diced apple with cinnamon.

peanut-butter-and-apple-on-toast

Dinner:

Since I didn’t make the planned sweet potato chili Sunday night, I didn’t feel like making it Monday which meant simple roasted sweet potato wedges instead served with roasted vegetables and quinoa.

roasted sweet potatoes

I also added a sprinkle of Trader Joe’s Fried Onion Pieces because I saw them in my pantry and felt like it.

Dessert:

I have been all about chocolate chips after dinner.

chocolate chips

I think that Trader Joe’s semi sweet chocolate chips might just be the best ever. Thoughts?

What I Ate Wednesday #wiaw #peanutbutter #oatmeal #chocolatechips #running #fitfluential Click To Tweet

*****************

Be sure to check out what everyone else is eating today.

Do you run at the same time every day? Are you thrown off if you change the time?

What’s for lunch today?

Favorite chocolate chips?

Comments

1. says

I can definitely relate about running at a later time and how I just do not like it! It throws we off and I am a creature of routine. Your pancake looks delicious! Today’s lunch will be very random and spread out since I work and have clients all day so I will be grabbing a Picky bar, hardboiled egg and some pineapple in between sessions. I much prefer to sit down to a meal at once but hey, that’s just the way it has to be sometimes!
    Angie @ Pace with Grace recently posted…Holiday Intentions + Wishing You Much JOY This ChristmasMy Profile

2. AmandaM says

Oh – I am the same way with my running schedule. I feel like a different person if I run any later than 7 a.m. You make me feel better b/c I feel so regimented/crazy when my friends post a race that starts at 11 a.m. and I’m like “what? um, no. that is my dinner time”. So the Fred Lebow Half is right up my alley 🙂
    I’m usually all about the “whole” foods but someone posted a picture on instagram of a Quest bar that looked super yummy so lunch today is broccoli, carrots, and one of the 6 Quest bars I purchased yesterday after seeing the picture. 🙂

3. says

I usually run when I wake up. So it changes on what time I get out of bed, but usually around 6:30. Yesterday I ran at 5AM because a friend wanted to meet. It was kind of exhilarating running with a headlamp. I have been trying to teach myself to run later, so when I do doubles, the mental energy required is higher.
    I am going to commit a sin here, but I like white chocolate =P I love all chocolate, but the people who say that 70% cocoa content is good are LIARS! That is horrible tasting. The darkest I can go is like 60% and I don’t even like to do that much ahha
    Ellie recently posted…WIAW [12/23/2015]My Profile

4. says

I usually run either right after waking on weekdays, or an hour after before Saturday long runs (so I can eat first). I definitely get thrown off having to run later in the day.

I’m a dark chocolate girl all the way. White chocolate is not chocolate!
    Alyssa @ renaissancerunnergirl recently posted…WIAW #37My Profile

5. says

I’ve been eating chocolate chips after dinner too! I have a dairy free hot chocolate I make and use dairy free chocolate chips, which means I also dump a handful into my mouth. Lunch today was a flat-out wrap with 1/4 mashed avocado, spinach, 1 egg and egg white, and Franks hot sauce. Yum! I actually let myself sleep in an hour later this morning, and ended up having a really great run, even in the rain!

6. says

My workouts happen at different times every day, and right now I’m pretty okay with that. There are other things I’m pretty routine about though 😛 And I’ve never had the chocolate chips from TJ’s, but I do love the ones from Enjoy Life. And Camino make dark chocolate chips which I adore too.

7. Caroline M says

I’m kind of the exact opposite with my running schedule. I really love running in the afternoons, mostly I think because I was so used to that when I ran cross country. Right now as a student, it makes a little more sense to run in the afternoons anyway mostly because I would have to wake up super early to run, shower, eat breakfast (non-negotiable) and get to an 8am class on time.

8. says

It was pouring rain this morning so I told myself I would wait a bit and workout later. We will see if that happens! I will be much more likely to do yoga or something if I working out after 8am. I wanted to run today but am actually a little sore from using heavier weights in the hotel gym on Tuesday, so a rest day from running wouldnt be a bad thing.
    Chocolate chips are the perfect nighttime snack!
    Lisa @ Running Out Of Wine recently posted…“Home” for the HolidaysMy Profile